Burwhale
Save the BlobFish!
+136|6241|Brisneyland
Quick update

Burma's junta has impounded two United Nations food aid shipments at Rangoon airport, officials said, triggering more outrage at the military government's refusal to accept a major international relief operation

I cant believe how stupid this regime is. First it refuses foreign aid when it needs it most. Then it impounds food shipments, which will make aid organisations think twice before sending help. Its like their govt wants to see their citizens die. I feel so sorry for the Burmese.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6424|North Carolina

Kmarion wrote:

The first batch of more than $10 million worth of foreign aid arrived on Tuesday, but a lack of specialized equipment slowed distribution.
I wonder how much of that was spent just in moving the supplies.  If this was an operation done by contractors, we likely paid an exorbitant amount on transport.  I'm hoping the military was the one to move the supplies -- it's generally a lot more cost-effective that way.
BVC
+325|6714
Where does this 500,000 figure come from?

And more importantly, why is the Myanmar government being a bunch of fucktards?!  Hello, its aid packages sitting there on the docks.  Rice and blankets, not caviar for their fucking useless government.

"Hey guys, 100k+ have died, its just a spot of bad weather.  Now, howbout that public holiday..."
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6548|Global Command

Pubic wrote:

Where does this 500,000 figure come from?

And more importantly, why is the Myanmar government being a bunch of fucktards?!  Hello, its aid packages sitting there on the docks.  Rice and blankets, not caviar for their fucking useless government.

"Hey guys, 100k+ have died, its just a spot of bad weather.  Now, howbout that public holiday..."
These are the guys Rambo goes after in Rambo 4.

They have a serious case of " needs to be killed. "
13rin
+977|6498
And yet again there the US is ready to help.  They must have oil right?
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6619|132 and Bush

Burwhale the Avenger wrote:

Quick update

Burma's junta has impounded two United Nations food aid shipments at Rangoon airport, officials said, triggering more outrage at the military government's refusal to accept a major international relief operation

I cant believe how stupid this regime is. First it refuses foreign aid when it needs it most. Then it impounds food shipments, which will make aid organisations think twice before sending help. Its like their govt wants to see their citizens die. I feel so sorry for the Burmese.
It's because the government wants to be seen as the distributor for political purposes.

Turquoise wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

The first batch of more than $10 million worth of foreign aid arrived on Tuesday, but a lack of specialized equipment slowed distribution.
I wonder how much of that was spent just in moving the supplies.  If this was an operation done by contractors, we likely paid an exorbitant amount on transport.  I'm hoping the military was the one to move the supplies -- it's generally a lot more cost-effective that way.
It is the military. We have a carrier out there.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Turquoise
O Canada
I'm glad that it is the military doing it then.  I'm still not a fan of doling out foreign aid through tax money, but this cause is better than most.

Now, if only we could spend less on Iraq and maybe divert it to Sudan instead...
Commie Killer
+192|6406

Turquoise wrote:

I'm glad that it is the military doing it then.  I'm still not a fan of doling out foreign aid through tax money, but this cause is better than most.

Now, if only we could spend less on Iraq and maybe divert it to Sudan instead...
And the military is financed through tax money......
Turquoise
O Canada

Commie Killer wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Indeed...  but it's tax money better spent than outsourcing it to contractors.  Generally speaking, having the military do something is much more cost effective than having contractors do it.

So, if we're going to give aid anyway, we might as well do it through the military.
Commie Killer
+192|6406

Turquoise wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Indeed...  but it's tax money better spent than outsourcing it to contractors.  Generally speaking, having the military do something is much more cost effective than having contractors do it.

So, if we're going to give aid anyway, we might as well do it through the military.
Ok that make sense. I thought you were saying that the military wasnt tax financed ans I was like "what"?
IRONCHEF
+385|6510|Northern California
What was the US AID totalled at?  COuple hundred million?

THe people of the US are the generous ones.  Through various aid groups, they really show their true colors.  Now we need the Burmese goons to let the aid come in.  Hell, let them stamp the aid with official BUrmese government stamps so they get the credit, just let it flow.  Friggen n00bs.

New BF2 foe suggestion = Myanmar Goons.
howler_27
+90|6706
Better yet, get the aid to people who need it in THE U.S.  I'm sick of all of the negativity that countries have towards us.  Yes, we have done/are doing some shitty things.  HOWEVER, we also seem to carry everybody who is stuck sucking their thumbs after a disaster hits their country.  If they don't want the aid, fuck'em, and let the people deal with their government.  Give the aide to the people of New Orleans who STILL need it, or distribute it throughout the country to shelter facilities.  Babysitting the world is getting very old, very fast.  It's time to either accept the help, or prepare to survive on your own the next time the big one hits.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6776|Argentina
Conspiracy Theory.  Those fuckers are killing their own people and blaming the cyclone.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6619|132 and Bush

sergeriver wrote:

Conspiracy Theory.  Those fuckers are killing their own people and blaming the cyclone.
Not that far from the truth tbh. Those who perished and are suffering have always been a burden on the militants in power.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6693|Canberra, AUS

sergeriver wrote:

Would it really make a difference either way?
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
topthrill05
+125|6597|Rochester NY USA
If anything its the right theory, all of their actions show that this is something like a damn genocide.
13rin
+977|6498

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Um. er. oil anyone? Yep....

Maybe just a little. Gonna go in.. You know. Right over there... Pretend to help a bit.. Present the grain.  Perhaps some malaria shots.  Steal the oil.  We Americans drink it you know.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Steel
on_Target
+65|6336|Sarasota Fl
I remember day one, 3000 dead,
if only we could somehow download a ringtone that reminded us of it.......hmmmmmm....think-think-think where could I look
https://www.ridewithit.com/images/wtfff.gif
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6619|132 and Bush

DBBrinson1 wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Maybe just a little. Gonna go in.. You know. Right over there... Pretend to help a bit.. Present the grain.  Perhaps some malaria shots.  Steal the oil.  We Americans drink it you know.
Did you see the latest report from the world food programme and the opec nations? They ranked @ like 43. They have only donated like 50k this year. Selfish rich bastards..lol

http://tinyurl.com/5qfhho
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Turquoise
O Canada

DBBrinson1 wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

As Kmarion's link shows, yes, we are very generous.  Anyone who denies that doesn't know the facts or is ignoring them.

While this is definitely admirable, don't mistakenly think this puts us above reproach for our meddling in certain countries.
beerface702
+65|6712|las vegas
Rambo
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6619|132 and Bush

Turquoise wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

As Kmarion's link shows, yes, we are very generous.  Anyone who denies that doesn't know the facts or is ignoring them.
While this is definitely admirable, don't mistakenoly think this puts us above reproach for our meddling in certain countries.
My point was what the hell is up with the oil rich OPEC nations. Those bastards are building 24 karat hotels and they have only contributed 50k so far this year? What a f'n joke.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Turquoise
O Canada

Kmarion wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

While this is definitely admirable, don't mistakenoly think this puts us above reproach for our meddling in certain countries.
My point was what the hell is up with the oil rich OPEC nations. Those bastards are building 24 karat hotels and they have only contributed 50k so far this year? What a f'n joke.
I totally agree.  Their elite rich hoard wealth even worse than our elite rich do.  What else do you expect from Islam though?  One of the pillars of their faith involves giving alms to the poor, but most of the so-called Islamic aristocracies don't exactly follow the teachings of the Koran any closer than the average Christian Zionist follows the teachings of Christ.

In short, these aristocracies use religion for show, which is the only real reason people put up with the corruption of groups like the Saudi family.

Putting things right would involve setting up secular governments who would nationalize oil and share the profits with the people via increased investment in the infrastructure, but of course, the aristocracies would rather keep the people ignorant and poor.  In addition to this, the West's corporate oil interests support these aristocracies because it makes it easier to do business with these countries.
doug1988
spank that azz.
+146|5877|Nibiru in a far away galaxy
DAMN !!!   http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne … 143691.ece   alot of activity lately , volcanoes erupting , earthquakes , sunami ,  END TIMES is near.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6619|132 and Bush

doug1988 wrote:

DAMN !!!   http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne … 143691.ece   alot of activity lately , volcanoes erupting , earthquakes , sunami ,  END TIMES is near.
You missed one: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/May_2008_Tornado_outbreak
Xbone Stormsurgezz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard