shadowcell_01
How 'bout dem Cowboys?
+45|6515|Flower Mound, TX
Amazing movie.

Loved the acting, effects, camera angles, script. I'd say 5/5. But then again I'm not a critic.

I don't want to spoil the movie for anyone who hasn't seen it yet but I will give you this, there's gonna be a sequel.

For those of you that have seen Iron Man, please rate it out of 5 (5 being the best) and state some reasons why you think it deserves the rating you gave it.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6712|FUCK UBISOFT

4/5

badass but felt like most other movies, also felt like I was just watching an extended trailer for the next movie.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
argo4
Stand and Deliver
+86|5904|United States
kickass song, btw
Home
Section.80
+447|6818|Seattle, Washington, USA

4/5 It was pretty kickass, Downey Jr delivered just like I'd hoped he would, and they didn't create the massive failure that it could have potentially been. However, like Miggle said, it seemed like they were really focusing a lot on preparing for a sequel, the boss fight was pretty anti climactic, and the sudden change Obediah (or however you spell his name) went through seemed pretty outlandish.
Spoiler (highlight to read):
How Obediah was like Tony's best friend in the beginning and then suddenly, without warning, he was trying to kill him.

Last edited by Home (2008-05-04 21:08:24)

GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6190|Phoenix, AZ

Home wrote:

4/5 It was pretty kickass, Downey Jr delivered just like I'd hoped he would, and they didn't create the massive failure that it could have potentially been. However, like Miggle said, it seemed like they were really focusing a lot on preparing for a sequel, the boss fight was pretty anti climactic, and the sudden change Obediah (or however you spell his name) went through seemed pretty outlandish.
How Obediah was like Tony's best friend in the beginning and then suddenly, without warning, he was trying to kill him.
I would say in the begining, Obediah was more of an Advisor, Tony didnt really have anyone but his assistance, or so he said

So I could see how he was faking it

4.5/5

They could have done better with the villain as said in above spolier

Last edited by GodFather (2008-05-04 22:15:56)

RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6376|NSW, Australia

they should have played iron man when he came out of the cave killing everyone

great movie though
twiistaaa
+87|6639|mexico
4.5/5

my only problem with it was it took a little to long to get to iron man. it could of been called "tony stark featuring iron man". but thats not to say it was boring, they just could of pushed the story along faster.
Reciprocity
+721|6551|the dank(super) side of Oregon

shadowcell_01 wrote:

I don't want to spoil the movie for anyone who hasn't seen it yet but I will give you this, there's gonna be a sequel.
$101m opening.  no shit.
Bulldogz
Blacking Out the Friction
+32|5970|Rexburg, Idaho
Movie was awesome, and the effects were amazing as well. One of the best super hero movies I've seen in a while. although it sort of turned into transformers near the end there...but it was awesome nonetheless.

5/5
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6376|NSW, Australia

Bulldogz wrote:

Movie was awesome, and the effects were amazing as well. One of the best super hero movies I've seen in a while. although it sort of turned into transformers near the end there...but it was awesome nonetheless.

5/5
i watched transformers right after iron man
Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker
+440|6655|West Yorkshire, U.K
                               Gotcha!               
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

Kurazoo wrote:

Gotcha!               
You bastard!
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6444|6 6 4 oh, I forget

I give it a 10/5! Class A entertainment!
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6680|Charlie One Alpha

Miggle wrote:

4/5

badass but felt like most other movies, also felt like I was just watching an extended trailer for the next movie.
/agree.

4/5, it was a good movie, but it felt like it was a combination of every other superhero movie out there, bits from Batman Begins and bits from Spider man etc. I was entertained but the movie isn't memorable in any way.

EDIT: and yes it really seemed like they were already going for the sequel, what with Samuel L. Jackson not showing up until after the credits and all.

Last edited by LaidBackNinja (2008-05-05 04:56:09)

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6444|6 6 4 oh, I forget

LaidBackNinja wrote:

what with Samuel L. Jackson not showing up until after the credits and all.
You have to be kidding... Please? Say it ain't so.
shadowcell_01
How 'bout dem Cowboys?
+45|6515|Flower Mound, TX

Ultrafunkula wrote:

LaidBackNinja wrote:

what with Samuel L. Jackson not showing up until after the credits and all.
You have to be kidding... Please? Say it ain't so.
It's true. I almost missed it due to impatient friends.

I would have loved to see more of him saving the day if you know what I mean. Like the sceene where he goes to the city to blow up his own weapons.
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6549|Columbus, OH
I am a bit disappointed ALL of the action scenes were covered in the trailers. 3.5/5
War-Machine better have mo' action
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6500|Global Command
How is it for young kids?
Mitch92uK
aka [DBS]Mitch92uK
+192|6206|United Kingdom
There are scenes of torture (sorta) when he's captured by freedom fighters ATG, when they force your face into the water trough ... other than that ... good film tho.
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6549|Columbus, OH

ATG wrote:

Tony Stark is in bed with a female reporter...making out and sexually suggested positions in the first scene or so but after that, it should be ok. Also terrorists get capped.
<BoTM>J_Aero
Qualified Expert
+62|6436|Melbourne - Home of Football
4/5

Wouldn't have minded some more action / extended action. Looking forward to the next as shadowed at the end of the credits.
commandochristian
Honda - The Power of Dreams
+293|6383|Michigan, USA

5/5 I loved it, can't wait for sequel, which initial estimates put it coming out summer 2010.  One great summer movie down, The Dark Knight to go!
Stimey
­
+786|6091|Ontario | Canada
they should have played iron man during the whole movie
­
­
­
­
­
­
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6513|Texas - Bigger than France

ATG wrote:

Eight years old is about pushing it.

Chicks partying with stripper pole (not in use) nearby.  Some boozin'.  Hotty on the bed (leg and back bared).  10 secs of frottaging.

No language.

Oh, and lots of ass kicking.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6780|Marathon, Florida Keys
the part where the terrorist snuck up behind Tony and shot him, then the bullet bounced back and hit him in the head killing him made me laugh my soda outta my nose
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard