SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6407|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.
From one of the guy who brought you the Forklift Wars, now comes the brand new event.

https://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u47/SplinterStrike/BF2%20Screenshots/Civicar.jpg

Got road rage? Here's the place to take it out.
My thoughts on the map would be for it to be played on Jalalabad, 16 or 64 size, depending on the popularity.

I'm hoping to leave the server un-passworded, but admined to discourage morons wishing to ruin our fun.

As for gameplay, teams of two once again, one driver, and one guy sticking his head out of the sunroof trying to blast every fool he sees with his RPG.

Updates will be shown as the time comes.
Luigi
Sniper Whore
+97|6174|Wisconsin
I'm in depending if I can make it..
Funky_Finny
Banned
+456|6128|Carnoustie, Scotland

LuigiMcOwnage wrote:

The_Lance_117
CANADA STRONG
+110|5932|CANADA

Funky_Finny wrote:

LuigiMcOwnage wrote:

jsnipy
+3,276|6518|...

LuigiMcOwnage wrote:

Weflect
wut?
+30|5926|Finland

The_Lance_117 wrote:

Funky_Finny wrote:

LuigiMcOwnage wrote:

_Dominiko_PL
TITS or gtfo.
+97|6517|Polish state of EU
I'm in depending if.... o no, I'm not in it
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6562|England

I had this idea after the forklifts, but then forgot about it....as the dude with the RPG up top looks leet
Im DEFINITLY in

Getting them on Jalalabad will be a custom map...getting loads onto Surge would be a serverside mod (aka no downloading from clients - like the Wake FAV race).

Make the date after the exam period though....
Luigi
Sniper Whore
+97|6174|Wisconsin
bump?
SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6407|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.
Yes, bump.

I want this after exams like i said, but my map making skills are...lacking. Volunteer for a mod?
Phatmatt
Vroom Vroom
+298|6185|Canada

I would be in. need to see if my partner would be also
Luigi
Sniper Whore
+97|6174|Wisconsin

SplinterStrike wrote:

Yes, bump.

I want this after exams like i said, but my map making skills are...lacking. Volunteer for a mod?
You don't need to make a map...

Use the Editor, Copy The "Road to Jalalabad" bf2 map into /program files/ea games/bf2/mods/xpack/levels

Open the init.con and arrange it so it is Insurgents vs. Rebels

Unzip the client.zip and server.zip, and open the map in the editor...

Search on bfeditor to get rid of the black terrain, I don't know off hand...

Add the civilian car spawns and some spawnpoints.... pack map

Last edited by LuigiMcOwnage (2008-05-20 18:22:51)

Luigi
Sniper Whore
+97|6174|Wisconsin
kk, guys I got Insurgents vs Rebels on Jalalabad, anti-tank kits only, I also got the civilian cars in.... at the bf2 spawn locations. Im still working on it, get back to you later...

Oh, sf map btw, no mod
Also, commander stuff crashes it, shouldn't matter anyway, commanders are not needed in Car Wars..

-Luigi

Excuse my crap graphics...

https://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh248/LuigiMcOwnage/Random%20Crap/screen000.jpg

https://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh248/LuigiMcOwnage/Random%20Crap/screen001.jpg

https://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh248/LuigiMcOwnage/Random%20Crap/screen002.jpg

Last edited by LuigiMcOwnage (2008-05-20 19:03:28)

Luigi
Sniper Whore
+97|6174|Wisconsin
K guys, I got some trouble... When I join my online dedicated server, I get kicked for modified content... (I'm assuming it is becuase I never renamed the map...)

So, I know there is tons of files I need to edit to fix this, so does anyone know if there is another way around this?
Oh, and please no "Just rename the level folder" anybody who has used the editor knows that doesn't work...
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6144|San Antonio, Texas
Does your online server run the modified map? I never dealt with online servers and mods.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6562|England

LuigiMcOwnage wrote:

K guys, I got some trouble... When I join my online dedicated server, I get kicked for modified content... (I'm assuming it is becuase I never renamed the map...)

So, I know there is tons of files I need to edit to fix this, so does anyone know if there is another way around this?
Oh, and please no "Just rename the level folder" anybody who has used the editor knows that doesn't work...
Delete the archive.md5 file in the map directory.

And, in the Editor, change to "Terrain Editor" and go File --> Save As, and call the map a new name. That will work, and it will change all the names where required.

Gona be a custom map download. Anyway, looks sha-weet

Last edited by Snake (2008-05-21 09:47:42)

3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff
+345|6299|The | Netherlands

Snake wrote:

I had this idea after the forklifts, but then forgot about it....as the dude with the RPG up top looks leet
Im DEFINITLY in

Getting them on Jalalabad will be a custom map...getting loads onto Surge would be a serverside mod (aka no downloading from clients - like the Wake FAV race).

Make the date after the exam period though....
Daqing oilfields has very long roads?

Last edited by 3lmo (2008-05-21 09:51:09)

Ec0li
Vagina face
+167|5995|London ㋛

I WANT IN, I WANT IN .
I got a good feeling about this event
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6348|uk

Snake wrote:

LuigiMcOwnage wrote:

Delete the archive.md5 file in the map directory.

And, in the Editor, change to "Terrain Editor" and go File --> Save As, and call the map a new name. That will work, and it will change all the names where required.

Gona be a custom map download. Anyway, looks sha-weet
If you rename the map, you need to rename the .desc file @ map_folder/Info as te editor doesnt fancy changing it its'self.

To stop the modified content, delete all .md5s checksums- its these that verify the content. (few in /mods/xpak, one in map folder itself IIRC)
Luigi
Sniper Whore
+97|6174|Wisconsin
I now have the map into my online server without any problems, just wondering If I should edit another map for another round?

Also, if someone could create a menumap for the map... 500x500 .png, maybe bf2s logo + civilian car + text "Civilian Car Wars"?

Last edited by LuigiMcOwnage (2008-05-21 14:40:36)

Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6348|uk

LuigiMcOwnage wrote:

I now have the map into my online server without any problems, just wondering If I should edit another map for another round?

Also, if someone could create a menumap for the map... 500x500 .png, maybe bf2s logo + civilian car + text "Civilian Car Wars"?
What was the cause of the problems you were experiencing?
Luigi
Sniper Whore
+97|6174|Wisconsin

Titch2349 wrote:

LuigiMcOwnage wrote:

What was the cause of the problems you were experiencing?
Renaming the map was the problem, now it works fine, I just edited the .desc map name part, and I changed it to Jalalabad Car Wars. That and the .md5 stuff.
Luigi
Sniper Whore
+97|6174|Wisconsin

LuigiMcOwnage wrote:

bump?
i g
Banned
+876|5860|GA

i wana play
David.P
Banned
+649|6270
It looks nice, Except having 2 people in one car seems kinda constrained. Maybe you could increase the limit from 2 to 4 people? All being able to fire? A server did that for PR .5 best damn night i ever had!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard