Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6707

FatherTed wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Whoever is up to rat in Deltole after the update, contact me lol.
haha if my little destroyer thing is up to it, ill come along
Lol you would get insta popped. You need at least a battlecruiser
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6491|so randum

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Whoever is up to rat in Deltole after the update, contact me lol.
Awwwww.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Bernadictus
+1,055|6728

FatherTed wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Awwwww.
He could salvage, as long as he gets no agro.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6491|so randum

Bernadictus wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Awwwww.
nope, i just sat docked and twiddled my thumbs. Also read some books about space stuff, which means i can shoot bigger guns and drive bigger ships. Clever books.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6529|Long Island, New York
So, I'm debating getting this. Saw it on Steam and it looks incredible. What's the monthly fee? What type of game is it (Space obviously, but what gameplay style)? I'd download the trial to answer the questions, but I won't be here all day.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6707

Bernadictus wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Awwwww.
Well bernie, I just tanked the right side of deltole by myself lulz. Infinite tanks ftw!
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Jestar
Shifty's Home Number: 02 9662 8432
+373|6732

Poseidon wrote:

So, I'm debating getting this. Saw it on Steam and it looks incredible. What's the monthly fee? What type of game is it (Space obviously, but what gameplay style)? I'd download the trial to answer the questions, but I won't be here all day.
Ok.
It's roughly $15US a Month ( It gets reduced the more months you buy but.)

The problem is that it is fairly hard to explain one of the most immersive and expansive games I have ever played.
You control a ship in space, telling it where to go and what to do. There is many various things you can do. You can do killing missions, courier missions, you can mine ore to sell, make things out of this ore or just go killing rats (enemy ships) to make ISK, the in game currency.
There are hundreds and hundreds of ships available, each with a different aspect and role. Some may be suited to support, whilst some may be suited to mining etc.
With ISK you can buy better parts, better ships and better things for you, as you train your skills (literally) to make your in game skills better.
These skills are always training, even when you aren't playing.

All in all, I think it's practically impossible to run out of things to do in this game. There is always going to be some ship, or skill that you will want, that will keep you playing, or something to do.

I reccomend you try the demo and see whether you like it, but bear in mind that you will not have a massive ship when you start, and that the game begins off fairly slow but becomes much more immersive the more you play.

There we are, I hope I have pretty much explained what the game experience is like.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6491|so randum

Jestar wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Ok.

The problem is that it is fairly hard to explain one of the most immersive and expansive games I have ever played.
You control a ship in space, telling it where to go and what to do. There is many various things you can do. You can do killing missions, courier missions, you can mine ore to sell, make things out of this ore or just go killing rats (enemy ships) to make ISK, the in game currency.
There are hundreds and hundreds of ships available, each with a different aspect and role. Some may be suited to support, whilst some may be suited to mining etc.
With ISK you can buy better parts, better ships and better things for you, as you train your skills (literally) to make your in game skills better.

All in all, I think it's practically impossible to run out of things to do in this game. There is always going to be some ship, or skill that you will want, that will keep you playing, or something to do.

I reccomend you try the demo and see whether you like it, but bear in mind that you will not have a massive ship when you start, and that the game begins off fairly slow but becomes much more immersive the more you play.

There we are, I hope I have pretty much explained what the game experience is like.
Also get skype, these guys are amazing when it comes to helping you out
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Jestar wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Ok.

What happens when your ship explodes? And do you keep expanding upon your ship and keep making it bigger, or can you buy other ships over time?

P.S. Downloading the 21 day demo from Steam now. When I get back tomorrow, I'll play it.

Last edited by Poseidon (2008-07-01 04:44:09)

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6491|so randum

Poseidon wrote:

Jestar wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Ok.

What happens when your ship explodes? And do you keep expanding upon your ship and keep making it bigger, or can you buy other ships over time?
My ship sploded - You get "ejected" in this little pod thing, and you've just gotta get the fuck out of there before you get destroyed.

And you upgrade your ships, and buy new ones.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Jestar
+373|6732

Poseidon wrote:

Jestar wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Ok.

Ok.
Basically, the game is divided into two sections. High Sector and Low Sector.

High sector is guarded by a police group called CONCORD, they are very powerful, and will (usually) protect your ship from being attacked in the High Security areas.
Low sector does not have CONCORD, and therefore you are vulnerable to other players all the time.
When your ship explodes, it is gone, not coming back. Your escape pod may escape away, or it may not.

However, you are not. You are able to purchase clones, which can replicate you exactly, and all the skills you own. Therefore, you can pretty much never die.

As for expanding your ship, you can for a while, but eventually it is time that you must get a new, bigger ship, (you don't lose the old one, it just goes into storage).
Jestar
+373|6732

Also remember that I am fairly new to the game, so I am giving you my explanation of what I know, but I'm fairly certain this is right. This game is so big that even players like Thorax (*cough*Cougar*/cough*), who has been playing for a good 6 months, still don't know everything there is to know, and have a fairly small ship in the spectrum of things.

Last edited by Jestar (2008-07-01 04:46:44)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

FatherTed wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Jestar wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Ok.

My ship sploded - You get "ejected" in this little pod thing, and you've just gotta get the fuck out of there before you get destroyed.

And you upgrade your ships, and buy new ones.
Ah, alright. Sounds good.

Jestar wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Jestar wrote:

Ok.

Ok.
Basically, the game is divided into two sections. High Sector and Low Sector.

High sector is guarded by a police group called CONCORD, they are very powerful, and will (usually) protect your ship from being attacked in the High Security areas.
Low sector does not have CONCORD, and therefore you are vulnerable to other players all the time.
When your ship explodes, it is gone, not coming back. Your escape pod may escape away, or it may not.

However, you are not. You are able to purchase clones, which can replicate you exactly, and all the skills you own. Therefore, you can pretty much never die.

As for expanding your ship, you can for a while, but eventually it is time that you must get a new, bigger ship, (you don't lose the old one, it just goes into storage).
Awesome - that sounds good. What sector are you guys all in?
Jestar
+373|6732

We mainly hang out in the Amarrian sector. Get on your Xfire and accept me, so I can tell you what to do.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Jestar wrote:

We mainly hang out in the Amarrian sector. Get on your Xfire and accept me, so I can tell you what to do.
Poseidon417 - add me.

And I meant High Sector or Low Sector.
Jestar
+373|6732

Oh High Sector.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6491|so randum
Oh yeh bernie, I'm Caldari, and my current top ship is a Comorant lel
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6707
Bernie, Timmmaaah, fatherted and Liberal slayer (sometimes) and me are in Gallente or caldari space. If you play, we'll get you hooked up lol. For the best starting character, I would go Caldari Achura. Talk to me or cougar if you want me to help you set up your Character.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Bernie, Timmmaaah, fatherted and Liberal slayer (sometimes) and me are in Gallente or caldari space. If you play, we'll get you hooked up lol. For the best starting character, I would go Caldari Achura. Talk to me or cougar if you want me to help you set up your Character.
Alright, cool. Tomorrow I'll try out the demo, as for now, it's off to Albany!

Later guys, and thanks for pretty much convincing me to buy it.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6707
Bernadictus
+1,055|6728

I'm Caldarian - Deities. But my home base is currently the Gallente system Vittenyn. A good system for starters would be Mirilene, as it has 2 level I agents in 1 space station. This is where I earned my money.

My current ship is a long range missile battlecruiser called a plank... erhm Drake.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6707
I still prefer Gallente ships over Caldari tbh.
Jestar
+373|6732

Bernadictus wrote:

A good system for starters would be Mirilene, as it has 2 level I agents in 1 space station. This is where I earned my money.
So does Youl, come to Youl, YoulYoulYoulYoulYoul.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6728

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

I still kick your ass at this range And yer drones go pew pew down Coders ftw!
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6707

Bernadictus wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

I still kick your ass at this range And yer drones go pew pew down Coders ftw!
You're fucked when I get close And most battles are up close anyways.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard