Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6482

bennisboy wrote:

ooops forgot i still had this game. I should probs login at some point and see whats popping!
yeah i do that, too, bennis.

lets do some shit? im bored
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6634|Little Bentcock
fuck up some naggers

pirate like a pro

tackle ship, almost destroy it, ask for ransom.

Recieve ransom kill ship anyway

tackle pod

ask for ransom

kill pod anyway.

be cool
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6482
well one of the tutorial missions has stopped working for me. this is like my 6th trial. i have to go into a deadspace encounter and i can't get into the bubble... just says 'approach location' when i get to the journal and map destination. then my ship bounces around aimlessly for a bit. i'm not creating another character and i want to fucking do my tutorials and learn the shit instead of having to ask everyone questions every 5 minutes. this game fucking blows sometimes. can't even spit me through a dead basic, boring-as-shit tutorial. i have little patience left with EVE.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Adams_BJ
Ive had one or two of those, look up the name on google and see what you have to do?

I can remember one mission I had to go to a point right in the middle of an asteroid. took ages to move around in there to the point and after 15mins it said mission complete. argh.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6482
nah it's a deadspace encounter to salvage some ship as a basic intro to salvaging. some guy was like "yeah if the server restarts during missions like that you have to mail a GM and get them to reset the quest chain". am i fuck! jesus. laters EVE, you fail at even the most basic tutorial missions
Adams_BJ
god damn it eve.
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5495|Bolingbrook, Illinois

Uzique wrote:

nah it's a deadspace encounter to salvage some ship as a basic intro to salvaging. some guy was like "yeah if the server restarts during missions like that you have to mail a GM and get them to reset the quest chain". am i fuck! jesus. laters EVE, you fail at even the most basic tutorial missions
i had this happen to me, the GMs are quick to respond though
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6482
yeah but i mean, this is the tutorial. i just want to learn how to play. it's my first like 5 hours on this char. it's a little discouraging when shit isn't even working now, in the super-simple and super-boring phase. i don't know. i get the impression that EVE is a game you have to 'learn' to love, like a bastard lovechild or a puppy that constantly shits on your italian carpet and pisses on your silverware. it feels like 'effort' to get into it; like you have to 'invest' something. when i turn a game on i want fun and entertainment. with EVE i've always got the feeling as though im holding my breath for the fun to start... or as if i have to fill out 20 application forms to 'join' a 'corporation' before i can have fun. you know where else i find myself mindlessly filling out job applications? down at the job centre. at my local mcdonalds. is this what gaming is about? no ty
Adams_BJ
well tbh, the game isn't about tutorials.

Most of the game is player to player, and you do some missioning to make some money if not ratting/trading/pirating etc. And if the mission bugs out (I've never had it happen) quit the mission and start again.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6482
tbh the game is so inaccessible to a new player that the tutorials are overly important. tutorial bugs in an FPS game? in WoW? that's fine, i can pretty much figure out the gameplay myself, anyway. tutorial doesn't work in EVE? you've gotta go ask some people in a chat channel or literally _never_ figure out what the fuck something does. the game is like a spreadsheet and needs its own help wizard / instruction manual. when the tutorials don't work, it makes an already-boring, already-frustrating new player experience a bit of a face-to-concrete experience
Adams_BJ

Uzique wrote:

tbh the game is so inaccessible to a new player that the tutorials are overly important. tutorial bugs in an FPS game? in WoW? that's fine, i can pretty much figure out the gameplay myself, anyway. tutorial doesn't work in EVE? you've gotta go ask some people in a chat channel or literally _never_ figure out what the fuck something does. the game is like a spreadsheet and needs its own help wizard / instruction manual. when the tutorials don't work, it makes an already-boring, already-frustrating new player experience a bit of a face-to-concrete experience
Not really, you know the basics to combat, movement, and interaction, go forth and prosper. Everything else you will learn by yourself or through idle chat with other people.

I literally did 1 hour worth of tutorials.
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5520|America
There's tutorials?
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6686|Canberra, AUS
Yeah I learnt most of it on the fly by experimenting and fucking around. And losing ships.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Adams_BJ
The only time missions ever really bug out is if it is still running during downtime. And even then it's rare. Like I said I've never had problems
HaiBai
They also did a terrible job programming this game.  You can easily inject and run Python code within the game without difficulty.  It's pretty sad how vulnerable this gamr is to hacking.  You can decompile the pyc files all the way so that you can see comments and variable names.  I've seen flash games with better hack protection.
Adams_BJ

HaiBai wrote:

They also did a terrible job programming this game.  You can easily inject and run Python code within the game without difficulty.  It's pretty sad how vulnerable this gamr is to hacking.  You can decompile the pyc files all the way so that you can see comments and variable names.  I've seen flash games with better hack protection.
I don't know what the fuck you just talked about.

Its never affected me, I don't notice it
HaiBai

Adams_BJ wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

Maybe not directly, but it does indirectly.  There's tons of market bots, ratting bots, and mining bots.  At obe time there was an exploit where you could warp to anyone on your scan list, but they fixed that.
Spark
+874|6686|Canberra, AUS
The reason that they don't fix it is that there are a total of zero people who give a fuck. As long as it doesn't destablize 0.0 or lvl4 missions they don't care.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Adams_BJ

HaiBai wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

Maybe not directly, but it does indirectly.  There's tons of market bots, ratting bots, and mining bots.  At obe time there was an exploit where you could warp to anyone on your scan list, but they fixed that.
all that means for me is shit is cheaper. YES!
HaiBai

Spark wrote:

The reason that they don't fix it is that there are a total of zero people who give a fuck. As long as it doesn't destablize 0.0 or lvl4 missions they don't care.
That could be true, but another reason is that it's basically impossible to fix, unless they completely reprogrammed the structure of the game.
HaiBai

Adams_BJ wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

yeah it is good for anyone not in the mining/trading business
Adams_BJ

HaiBai wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

yeah it is good for anyone not in the mining/trading business
My second account is a trader. have hundreds of millions with no assistance in only a month or so. Haven't played him in a while though.

There was a huge cull off of bots about 12 months ago, I can't remember what it was called or what to search for in google, but they culled A LOT.
Spark
+874|6686|Canberra, AUS

Think many a dread jockey just came. Orbital striking unsuspecting 14yo consolers? Right up their alley.

Last edited by Spark (2011-03-30 22:44:46)

~ Richard Feynman
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6665
Now if they could just implement piloting ships in first-person, I would be sold for life...
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
Adams_BJ
check back a page or two holmes

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard