Bernadictus
+1,055|6890

IrishGrimReaper wrote:

seymorebutts443 wrote:

IrishGrimReaper wrote:

More like the ones who keep going after ratters, I narrowly escaped a Cyclone pirate in my Moa the other day! My friend wasn't so lucky, he lost his Rupture.
Rule one: Never go low-sec ratting in a Moa. the Caracal is superior.
Rule two: watch your scanner, and watch local. That is how the pirates are watching you.
Rule three: If you do go low-sec ratting, make sure you have safe spots bookmarked (fly towards a planet and about halfway towards it you drop a bookmark.)

Side note, where were you ratting?
I don't have missiles trained as good as hybrids, ted already helping me pick a path and missiles just isn't it.

The 0.3 sys I rat rarely has people in it, I know 2 other ratters who don't bother me aslong as I don't bother them. I dock when I see someone unfamiliar, still trying to get to grips with the scanner though, how often do I scan?

It's for ratting angels, 650k General ftw, Moa is the best I have atm and I can afford to lose it, nearly have a Ferox fitted.
Nearly fitted? Then take my advice. Don't. Go Kestrel > Caracal > Drake > Raven for ratting and the Amarr route for PvP.
I myself fly a Gila for ratting in .0.
IrishGrimReaper
Field Marshal | o |
+142|6874|Ireland | Monaghan

By almost fitted I mean I'm training Hull Upgrades, I have all the guns. As far as Amarr goes, I can fly a Harbinger and trained skills for the lasers when I was a noob who cross trained too early and now I'm stuck in a rut.

My favourite ships which I wanna fly are the Harbinger and Rokh. What gunnery support skills would you ideally need for lasers anyway? I'd like to go Amarr for PvP once I get some solid income happening.
Intel Core i7 CPU 920 @ 4GHz || 3x2 GB OCZ 1600Mhz DDR3 || 80GB Intel X25-M Gen 2 || KFA2 GTX 480 1536Mb ||| Samsung T220 || Xonar DX 7.1 || AV 40 || P6T Deluxe V2 || Win 7 HP 64 Bit || Lian Li P80
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6748|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA

IrishGrimReaper wrote:

By almost fitted I mean I'm training Hull Upgrades, I have all the guns. As far as Amarr goes, I can fly a Harbinger and trained skills for the lasers when I was a noob who cross trained too early and now I'm stuck in a rut.

My favourite ships which I wanna fly are the Harbinger and Rokh. What gunnery support skills would you ideally need for lasers anyway? I'd like to go Amarr for PvP once I get some solid income happening.
Gunnery skills, lets see. Biggest one would be controlled bursts. Saves on cap. Sharpshooter is good, as well as Trajectory Analysis. Weapons upgrades and AWU are a must. Pretty much all the skills are worth getting. If you're gonna do a harby though, make sure you have T2 Pulses. An average fit harby can do 400-500 DPS. As for ratting, it is 100% worth it to train for a drake. you can take on almost all types of rats with ease.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6653|so randum
if he doesn't want to use missiles he shouldn't have to i only chose them to begin with because i thought they were cool, and i only chose them for superteds because missiles=pve ezymode. that being said, i wish i had of gone with hybrids, then it wouldnt have been SUCH A FUCKING PAIN to crosstrain Amarr.

irish, if you like rails, stick with rails to make you isk also everything seymore said is true, and at some point you might want to get a drake for ratting, it's stupid easy to make money in. ravens are too vunerable and easy to catch.

also, tengu in 10 days FUCK YES
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,054|6776|Little Bentcock
Fuck Yes
IrishGrimReaper
Field Marshal | o |

Great points guys! I like rails alot tbh, something less gay than using missiles(And I really can't be assed training them now) there's so much I already want to train for. Also the skills I have trained for far(support gunnery) will have a positive effect on lasers for the Harbinger too right?

The way I see it, I'm ratting atm to make the money for my Covetor alt, joined a corp with my alt last night who will loan me a Hulk too. And when I have this account trained up for Hulk it's gonna be my primary money maker to feed my main account PvP Ships. So I won't be ratting that much longer, and the time spent training missile fittings doesn't seem to be worth it when I could be training for my Harbinger instead. I think I'll get a Harbinger going before a Rokh since I suck and probably lose the ship at first engagement, Harbinger isn't that much isk worth to lose I don't think.
Intel Core i7 CPU 920 @ 4GHz || 3x2 GB OCZ 1600Mhz DDR3 || 80GB Intel X25-M Gen 2 || KFA2 GTX 480 1536Mb ||| Samsung T220 || Xonar DX 7.1 || AV 40 || P6T Deluxe V2 || Win 7 HP 64 Bit || Lian Li P80
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6653|so randum

IrishGrimReaper wrote:

Great points guys! I like rails alot tbh, something less gay than using missiles(And I really can't be assed training them now) there's so much I already want to train for. Also the skills I have trained for far(support gunnery) will have a positive effect on lasers for the Harbinger too right?

The way I see it, I'm ratting atm to make the money for my Covetor alt, joined a corp with my alt last night who will loan me a Hulk too. And when I have this account trained up for Hulk it's gonna be my primary money maker to feed my main account PvP Ships. So I won't be ratting that much longer, and the time spent training missile fittings doesn't seem to be worth it when I could be training for my Harbinger instead. I think I'll get a Harbinger going before a Rokh since I suck and probably lose the ship at first engagement, Harbinger isn't that much isk worth to lose I don't think.
just as a sidepoint, currently mining in highsec/lowsec pyerite, the best you'll hit on a maxed out hulk will be 11mil/hour. ratting/missions for level4s are substantially higher - when i used to fly my CNR i could break 40mil an hour (inc loot/salvage/LP/bounties). Missioning in a Rokh is perfectly viable too, but you wont go higher than 30mil i'd guess.

Yes, the background gunnery skills (range/tracking/damage/capuse/etc) affect any turret weaponry (blasters/rails/ACs/Artys/Pulse/Beam) so if you get those high, you only have to train the physical laser skills to use the turrets well.

Also, never PVP in a BS (esp a tier3 BS) as you learn to PVP - it'll get expensive fast. I practiced in Drakes and Interceptors to begin with, now i'm happy using BS's, but i still wouldn't/couldn't solo in one. Hit me up ingame and i'll throw some harbinger/rokh fits at you.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
IrishGrimReaper
Field Marshal | o |

Hehe, I was just about to post a picture of the fitting I was aiming for on the Harbinger. I'll talk to you in game! <3 +1 yet again buddy! For a Rokh, I'm about 8 days training to fly it, and I'd say about 4 months from flying it half decent hehe.

Last edited by IrishGrimReaper (2010-03-24 09:08:15)

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6653|so randum
Just had a nice little scrap. Me (sader), DD, Harbinger v 2 drakes, caracal and fighters

we won, no losses woop
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,054|6776|Little Bentcock
<3 lazahz
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5637|Bolingbrook, Illinois
im so bored.

i want to do pvp.

but i dont want to do pvp just for the fuck of doing pvp.

because then theres no point.

i joined a corp but i need to move to 0.0 and get a stealth bomber or something and do armor HAC, and i dont even know what that is.

i have like 5 months of skills i have to train.

Skill plan for Chuuuy

1. Instant Recall V (2 days, 39 minutes, 21 seconds)
2. Learning V (3 days, 20 hours, 36 minutes, 13 seconds)
3. Analytical Mind V (3 days, 19 hours, 13 minutes, 53 seconds)
4. Eidetic Memory V (11 days, 5 hours, 50 minutes, 23 seconds)
5. Logic V (12 days, 21 hours, 36 seconds)
6. Iron Will V (3 days, 14 hours, 18 minutes)
7. Spatial Awareness V (3 days, 14 hours, 18 minutes)
8. Empathy III (2 hours, 39 minutes, 49 seconds)
9. Empathy IV (15 hours, 15 minutes, 21 seconds)
10. Empathy V (3 days, 14 hours, 18 minutes)
11. Clarity IV (2 days, 18 hours, 24 minutes, 29 seconds)
12. Presence I (28 minutes, 24 seconds)
13. Presence II (2 hours, 7 minutes, 1 second)
14. Presence III (11 hours, 30 minutes, 48 seconds)
15. Presence IV (2 days, 14 hours, 43 minutes, 7 seconds)
16. Presence V (14 days, 6 hours, 7 minutes, 6 seconds)
17. Focus IV (2 days, 14 hours, 43 minutes, 7 seconds)
18. Focus V (14 days, 6 hours, 7 minutes, 6 seconds)
19. Clarity V (14 days, 12 hours, 20 minutes, 19 seconds)

Total time: 96 days, 22 hours, 41 minutes, 14 seconds; Completion: 7/1/2010 12:13:48 AM
^^ does not look like fun
IrishGrimReaper
Field Marshal | o |

And that's only learning skills too But overall they'll decrease learning time.
HaiBai

IrishGrimReaper wrote:

Yeah that's the worst part.  So what do I do for 96 days?  [in eve]
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6748|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA

HaiBai wrote:

IrishGrimReaper wrote:

to be honest, you'll be fine just doing level 4 for those skills.
IrishGrimReaper
Field Marshal | o |

HaiBai wrote:

IrishGrimReaper wrote:

Have you tried ratting? It's quite fun(gotta watch out for them pirate nubs though).

Also, what I'm gonna do is, train a ship I can use to do damage in PvP, currently a Harbinger fitting ted gave me is what I'm going for, it's a few weeks training to get right, and after that I'm gonna train all my learning skills and the advanced ones too to level 4.

My advice, get some half decent PvP fit you can do, while using it train your learning skills.

And if you need to train a bit for a particular build do it before the learning skills(aslong as the build doesn't require that much training that is), rat while you train these up first.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6653|so randum
don't do your learning skills to 5 yet, you'll commit suicide. skill up enough to use a BC in pvp and get some isk flowing, and tell your corp to fuck off
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Bevo
Nah
+718|6674|Austin, Texas
EVE sucks

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6653|so randum
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Bevo
Nah
+718|6674|Austin, Texas

FatherTed wrote:

It rewards you for boring and repetitive play Teddles
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6653|so randum
i don't do anything repetitive anymore :p

typical week could be;

monday; FC a quick roam, all die in glorious asploshun
tuesday; run a few plexs, get my accounts all payed for for a while
wednesday; jump out of a WH in a small BC fleet and rape some ratting carriers
thursday; go solo roaming, gank some shitfits deep in red space
friday; massive 600v600 fight inc caps, lots of asploshuns
saturday; mess around with some market stuff, look after some towers
sunday; sleep
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
IrishGrimReaper
Field Marshal | o |

/win
HaiBai

FatherTed wrote:

typical week could be;

sunday; sleep
see, i would want to do any of those things.

atm, im just moving all my shit to some base in 0.0 but i keep getting blown up by gate camps
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6653|so randum

HaiBai wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

typical week could be;

sunday; sleep
see, i would want to do any of those things.

atm, im just moving all my shit to some base in 0.0 but i keep getting blown up by gate camps
if you think you cant fund yourself (iskwise) and/or are lacking SP, don't rush into 0.0. it can be difficult to live in. remember there's thousands of corps out there, find one that suits you for the time being
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6672|Montucky

FatherTed wrote:

typical week could be;