Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6828|Canberra, AUS

jmsprovan wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

v0v regardless of the tri chestbeating, the NC really is raping around PB atm, and surely tri can't keep losing so many and keep on going. i imagine once PB is secured we'll have a lot of free time on our hands.
switch NC for Atlas, Tri for NC and PB for Geminate and you get the situation here atm.

hurr hurr hurr

Tribute, Feb '10 
Yeah but we currently own geminate, don't we?

unless you take seriously the coad trolls about wi pulling out... yeah, no. we like owning every tech-rich region in the game thanks.

ps. is the node dying every time a moderately large collection of ships comes somewhere near each other? it's getting ridiculous up here, we haven't had a single proper fight in days because of server instability. everyone - nc, tri etc - is starting to really lose patience now.

Last edited by Spark (2010-01-18 15:58:44)

The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
jmsprovan
+18|5965|Alba

Spark wrote:

ps. is the node dying every time a moderately large collection of ships comes somewhere near each other? it's getting ridiculous up here, we haven't had a single proper fight in days because of server instability. everyone - nc, tri etc - is starting to really lose patience now.
yes, any time there is more than 600 in system the node takes a shit on us too.

almost killed a WI titan tonight which was evaccing to Akora, when the last missiles hit after it got inside shield it had a total of 20% structure left according to our sources in WI.

this is the frame before I lost lock

https://go-dl1.eve-files.com/media/corp/Aurora148/RAAAAAAAAGEEEEEEE_titan.png
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5662|America
You guys really need to fill out that large fleet fight form.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6828|Canberra, AUS

jmsprovan wrote:

Spark wrote:

almost killed a WI titan tonight which was evaccing to Akora, when the last missiles hit after it got inside shield it had a total of 20% structure left according to our sources in WI.

http://go-dl1.eve-files.com/media/corp/ … _titan.png
hey, i saw this ss on scrapheap - was that you?

@blade: reinforcing the node does jackshit now. 500 seems to be the limit where it throws up its hands and cries in a corner.

it's led to a situation where we have only two choices if a major event is upcoming:

1. get there first and load grid at all costs
2. go somewhere else, because we don't want to be on the wrong end of a turkey shoot.

sad but we have no choice.

ps. dominion isn't "directly" responsible for this as in it hasn't actually made it more unstable. however the removal of the aoe dd has made fleet sizes absolutely enormous... and i don't think the devs really were ready for it.

Last edited by Spark (2010-01-19 03:22:33)

The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
eleven bravo
+1,399|5412|foggy bottom
im kinda getting the hang of this
Tu Stultus Es
jmsprovan
+18|5965|Alba

Spark wrote:

hey, i saw this ss on scrapheap - was that you?
yeah it is

that ss is getting copy-pasted everywhere
IrishGrimReaper
Field Marshal | o |
+142|6874|Ireland | Monaghan

Hey guys. Gonna give this game a try, apart from following the tutorial in game what advice can you give to someone who's literally not played the game.. As regards to Race choice etc etc. I want to do some epic poon with my ship.
Intel Core i7 CPU 920 @ 4GHz || 3x2 GB OCZ 1600Mhz DDR3 || 80GB Intel X25-M Gen 2 || KFA2 GTX 480 1536Mb ||| Samsung T220 || Xonar DX 7.1 || AV 40 || P6T Deluxe V2 || Win 7 HP 64 Bit || Lian Li P80
Volatile
+252|6857|Sextupling in Empire

Race and character history no longer plays any significance other than what your character looks like. Pick whatever looks good to you. What does matter is what type of ships you decide to fly(important -> AMARR IS EPIC ).

If you can wait, spend the first couple weeks getting your learning skills as high as possible, it will save you a lot of time later on.

I believe there's a BF2s channel you can join that usually has a bunch of the guys from this thread in there. They can give you real time advice while in game.

The most important thing though would be to find yourself a decent corp immediately(eve university), one that uses voice coms, has fleet commanders that do regular roams, and is willing to help new players. EVE is not a good solo game and you will get bored rapidly if you try to go that route.
IrishGrimReaper
Field Marshal | o |

Thanks alot! Will take that all onboard <3
Intel Core i7 CPU 920 @ 4GHz || 3x2 GB OCZ 1600Mhz DDR3 || 80GB Intel X25-M Gen 2 || KFA2 GTX 480 1536Mb ||| Samsung T220 || Xonar DX 7.1 || AV 40 || P6T Deluxe V2 || Win 7 HP 64 Bit || Lian Li P80
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6624
i give you two weeks, EVE is horribly dull for most
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6653|so randum
needs to be played with mates or in a good corp to not get stale, it's not the best game to play solo. plenty of people do do that, but they end up drifting into afk mining. and besides, MMO =/= solo
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6439|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

jmsprovan wrote:

Spark wrote:

What ever happened to those good old days where only 4 people had reached the Titan level... (2-3 years ago?-ish)
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
jmsprovan
+18|5965|Alba

FloppY_ wrote:

jmsprovan wrote:

Spark wrote:

What ever happened to those good old days where only 4 people had reached the Titan level... (2-3 years ago?-ish)
my corp has 2 and we only have around 90 members

vOv
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6439|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

jmsprovan wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

jmsprovan wrote:

my corp has 2 and we only have around 90 members

vOv
I liked it better when it was 1 in every ~100,000 players tbh...

but meh, I never really played it for longer than the Trial...
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Volatile

One can grind out the isk for a titan in about 6 - 8 weeks. All you have to do is pick up 4-5 hulk pilots off of the bazaar and mine arkonor and mercoxit in 0.0 space(or wormhole space, but it's a bitch moving the ore out). 4 hours of mining would yield you around 1b isk, and I think titan prices are around 75-80b atm(45b if you make it yourself).
jmsprovan
+18|5965|Alba

Volatile wrote:

One can grind out the isk for a titan in about 6 - 8 weeks. All you have to do is pick up 4-5 hulk pilots off of the bazaar and mine arkonor and mercoxit in 0.0 space(or wormhole space, but it's a bitch moving the ore out). 4 hours of mining would yield you around 1b isk, and I think titan prices are around 75-80b atm(45b if you make it yourself).
I've looked into buying one for myself and it is currently around 55-65b for a titan hull. Its a pretty crazy climbdown from the 85-110b pre Dominion.

Last edited by jmsprovan (2010-01-22 15:10:06)

Volatile

jmsprovan wrote:

Volatile wrote:

I've looked into buying one myself and it is currently around 55-65b for a titan hull. Its a pretty crazy climbdown from the 85-110b pre Dominion.
Wow, had not realized that they dropped that much. Might have to put that on the list of things to get then, lol.

I predict Titans Online, Soon™.
jmsprovan
+18|5965|Alba
yeah its still a pretty big commitment regardless of cost. I don't mind the loss of a character that always has to sit in it, but that turns certain people off.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6653|so randum
IMO supercaps should never ever dock.

On which note, im about 2 months away from my first cap. I can either go for the Chimera or the Archon, so i think i'll go for the Archon. I don't want to be the twat repping POS shield all the time, i want to be the bitch that gets dropped into it all, hits triage and kicks ass.

Suggestions, Chimera or Archon.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Volatile

FatherTed wrote:

IMO supercaps should never ever dock.

On which note, im about 2 months away from my first cap. I can either go for the Chimera or the Archon, so i think i'll go for the Archon. I don't want to be the twat repping POS shield all the time, i want to be the bitch that gets dropped into it all, hits triage and kicks ass.

Suggestions, Chimera or Archon.
Armor tankers are the majority for most part.

Archon, if you can't get a thanny.

Speaking of thanatos, old but funny vid -> http://m-devillers.ruhosting.nl/rmrnstuff.html
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5662|America
Haha, good vid. LOCKDOWN! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! lolol
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6671|Montucky
I've got another 90 days before I'm in my Pheonix.

fucking T2 Torps
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6653|so randum
also anyone here who isnt in the BF2s channel is officially a faggot.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
IrishGrimReaper
Field Marshal | o |

FatherTed wrote:

Is that in the game or do you mean like IRC channel? Does BF2s have a corp too? I looked at that Eve University one but there's alot of rules to it, especially when in a war.

Must say though, the game is really really good!
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6671|Montucky

FatherTed wrote:

I love you teds

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard