Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5529|America

Sisco10 wrote:

So, if I´m interested in joining this fun club, what is there to it?

The client can be obtained for free, but what is this dominion thing or whatever on steam for example? It costs something around 20€ and is supposed to give you like 3 months playtime for it. Anything else?

And in general, how does it play? You´re not controlling your ships directly, is it? Do you click and they move, rts style?

And in all honesty, how time consuming is it? How long does it take until you got decent enough to think about fighting and so on?
There is a alot to learn about the EvE sandbox. In fact, not to scare you off or anything, but the learning curve is more of a learning cliff. Dominion is simply a big patch for the client. There are different ways to pay for eve. 1 month to 6 months at a time for example.

Yeah you do click in the direction you want your ship to move but I see many battles happen where neither ship moves it's a totally new system of combat. In fact alot of shit happens before anyone fires a laser. Equipping your ship correctly could mean the difference between victory and defeat. Oh and speaking of defeat. When you lose your ship its gone. There are no respawn points in space .

I'm the slow one and it took me about 3 months to get strong enough to fight, but you don't have to shoot guns to make mad money. Just make sure you don't make the mistake I did and join a slow lumbering alliance. Join an alliance like the ones anyone else on bf2s that plays this game is in so you will be very active and be pwning noobs in no time.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6521|so randum

Sisco10 wrote:

So, if I´m interested in joining this fun club, what is there to it?

The client can be obtained for free, but what is this dominion thing or whatever on steam for example? It costs something around 20€ and is supposed to give you like 3 months playtime for it. Anything else?

And in general, how does it play? You´re not controlling your ships directly, is it? Do you click and they move, rts style?

And in all honesty, how time consuming is it? How long does it take until you got decent enough to think about fighting and so on?
The client is free yep, you only pay to keep using it. Dominion is just the current version of the client, much like BF2 1.3, 1.4, 1.5 etc. It's technically the latest expansion to the game (expansions for EvE are ALWAYS free).

Re; piloting your ship there are a few methods. you can either fly using your tactical overview (i.e click something to move towards, and tell your ship to do just that), or you can double click around in space and your ships will follow the clicks - a bit like TV missiles on BF2. Some ships (interceptors for example) you can only really use effectivly if you fly manually, and it's a lot of fun to do so. Don't see EvE as a twitch-shooter though, its very removed from that.

It's as time consuming as you want it; there's no grinding to obtain skills like there is in most MMOs, you simply set a skill to train, and it will say how long in days,minutes,hours it will be until the skill is learnt. thus, someone who logs on a few hours a week is practically on the same footing as someone who plays 23/7. With regards to fighting (pvp) you can be effective at it from the second you create your character. Sure, you'll lose ships, but losing ships is really the only way to get good - EvE is not forgiving, and it doesn't hold your hand

If/when you create an account join the in-game BF2s channel, we'll be able to help you in real-time
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Volatile
+252|6725|Sextupling in Empire

Spark wrote:

okay what the fucking fuck in fucking hell fuck

i go look at the influence map and see that PL/SOT folded and fountain now belongs to it?

ps. somehow i don't think the nodes like the unceasing massive fleet fights involving half the major powerblocs across two regions (here in pb and there in fountain)

5 minutes ago I told my Maelstrom to release drones.

1 launched so far \o/

Edit: local @ 958
Edit #2: 2 drones out!
I've been trying to load grid for 15 mins now.

I can't launch drones.
I can't target ships.
I can't move.
I can see the enemy fleet but can't do shit
When I try to launch drones it states that "That ship isn't present"

Good times
PL and SOT got STEAMROLLED by IT, lol. Though there's not much they could have done against a 4000 man fully active alliance without a good deal of outside support.

The question now is: Are goons going to die alone? Or will they be able to repel the coming assault with help from their brosefs?

Also, yes,  large blob warfare is fucked since dominion. Imagine how pissed pl was when they lost 4(5?) titans while they were stuck loading grid( Relevant vid ).
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6521|so randum
v0v regardless of the tri chestbeating, the NC really is raping around PB atm, and surely tri can't keep losing so many and keep on going. i imagine once PB is secured we'll have a lot of free time on our hands.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6695|Canberra, AUS

Volatile wrote:

Spark wrote:

okay what the fucking fuck in fucking hell fuck

i go look at the influence map and see that PL/SOT folded and fountain now belongs to it?

ps. somehow i don't think the nodes like the unceasing massive fleet fights involving half the major powerblocs across two regions (here in pb and there in fountain)

5 minutes ago I told my Maelstrom to release drones.

1 launched so far \o/

Edit: local @ 958
Edit #2: 2 drones out!
I've been trying to load grid for 15 mins now.

I can't launch drones.
I can't target ships.
I can't move.
I can see the enemy fleet but can't do shit
When I try to launch drones it states that "That ship isn't present"

Good times
PL and SOT got STEAMROLLED by IT, lol. Though there's not much they could have done against a 4000 man fully active alliance without a good deal of outside support.

The question now is: Are goons going to die alone? Or will they be able to repel the coming assault with help from their brosefs?

Also, yes,  large blob warfare is fucked since dominion. Imagine how pissed pl was when they lost 4(5?) titans while they were stuck loading grid( Relevant vid ).
yeah i heard about that. i'm not sure whether to feel sorry for losing a bunch of titans in such an insipid manner or laugh at being so stupid to jump so many titans into a dead node... which is exactly what the nc DIDN'T do. everyone agrees though that it's a kinda lame way to kill/lose titans.

currently nc is preoccupied in pb. don't know whether it will try to attack goons or go help out tri. i honestly have no idea how we're going around pb, it seems very chaotic. however from what i can tell it is neutral/red to everyone atm including tri.

but in any case they won't get far. dominion has made the nc insanely powerful - we control basically all the technetium in the game in an unexpected twist as tech is now the most expensive and most valuable form of moon goo. so we are rolling in the cash.

Last edited by Spark (2010-01-17 20:35:18)

The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
eleven bravo
+1,399|5280|foggy bottom
why isnt this game fun?
Tu Stultus Es
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6616|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA
because you haven't trolled people in internet spaceships yet.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5280|foggy bottom
how do i do that
Tu Stultus Es
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6539|Montucky
You can steal space ships too and run from the cops

Last edited by S3v3N (2010-01-17 21:25:56)

eleven bravo
+1,399|5280|foggy bottom
all I see is a spaceship going nowhere
Tu Stultus Es
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6616|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA
start talking shit in local, scam some people. when you get high enough skills and enough dollars go pew pew in lowsec or nullsec.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5280|foggy bottom
I dont know what the hell Im supposed to do here
Tu Stultus Es
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6539|Montucky
tutorials
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6489

eleven bravo wrote:

It's not so bad. It only takes a few months to understand the game is all.
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5529|America
A good start is to buy some learning skills and the connections skill. Train them to lvl 4 at least then do mission until you find a good alliance / corp to belong to.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6364
Thanks Blade and Teddles! February comes and with it my holidays, chances are good I´m going to test it then. I´ll make sure to join the Bfs2 group and hit you up when I´m there!

cheers
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Spark
+874|6695|Canberra, AUS

Sisco10 wrote:

Thanks Blade and Teddles! February comes and with it my holidays, chances are good I´m going to test it then. I´ll make sure to join the Bfs2 group and hit you up when I´m there!

cheers
you wouldn't want to come up where we are. there'd be about three thousand people who would slap your ass silly within two milliseconds, us included.

ps. either that or you run into a node crash caused by said three thousand people, and sit in front of a blank screen for several hours, before finding out you'd been killed somehow. good times...

Last edited by Spark (2010-01-18 03:09:11)

The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Sisco
+493|6364

Spark wrote:

Sisco10 wrote:

cheers
you wouldn't want to come up where we are. there'd be about three thousand people who would slap your ass silly within two milliseconds, us included.

ps. either that or you run into a node crash caused by said three thousand people, and sit in front of a blank screen for several hours, before finding out you'd been killed somehow. good times...
But there sure is a way to connect with people without taking your ship into a pool of 3000 hostiles?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6521|so randum
Yea, spark just took your post too literally theres a chat channel called bf2s (spark get in this more k)
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6521|so randum

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

It's not so bad. It only takes a few months to understand the game is all.
hardly. play with people who have a clue, and you'll know anything you need to know to be good within a week. like i said somewhere else, EvE isn't a game that holds your hand.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Sisco
+493|6364

FatherTed wrote:

Yea, spark just took your post too literally theres a chat channel called bf2s (spark get in this more k)
Thought so

Last edited by Sisco10 (2010-01-18 07:15:37)

jmsprovan
+18|5832|Alba

FatherTed wrote:

v0v regardless of the tri chestbeating, the NC really is raping around PB atm, and surely tri can't keep losing so many and keep on going. i imagine once PB is secured we'll have a lot of free time on our hands.
switch NC for Atlas, Tri for NC and PB for Geminate and you get the situation here atm.

hurr hurr hurr

Tribute, Feb '10 

Last edited by jmsprovan (2010-01-18 08:11:23)

eleven bravo
+1,399|5280|foggy bottom
when can i start shooting people
Tu Stultus Es
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6521|so randum
whenever you want. go to tama, get raped and keep doing it til you kill something.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Spark
+874|6695|Canberra, AUS

eleven bravo wrote:

when can i start shooting people
right now. if you meant killing people, though, that might take a bit longer.
~ Richard Feynman

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard