blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6656
which one is better thinking about switching to DirectTV? any other suggestions are welcome?

Last edited by blademaster (2008-05-02 23:32:40)

GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6230|Phoenix, AZ
Well, from what I hear, comcast rapes your wallet and is unconsistent, but depending on where you live I guess satelites are good

We currently have Direct TV in Arizona, I had Comcast (Comcrap) in Pennsylvania (former residence of like 14 years) and I experienced frequent outages of service, and frequent modem reboots (for the internets)...   The TV was regular, I thought ON DEMAND* was cool, but really, they barely updated it, imo get Direct TV and a TiVo box... Cheap channels and watch what you want when you want (its our current setup and im never seeing, "Whats on")

But I cant say generally which is better, you could compare rates, and try

Any specific questions? Id be happy to answer based on my personal experiences with Comcast and DirectTV
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6601|Reisterstown, MD

Verizon FiOS
cablecopulate
+449|6749|Massachusetts.
I have direct tv, it's nice, but the weather thing is a pain in the ass sometimes. I've never had a non-weather related issue, but the other day it was having issues and the weather was fine. Then when it was on it was going to commercials where it shouldn't (I was watching baseball) and coming back just as random. I would rate it a 9/10, maybe even 9.5. Combined with tivo, it's fantastic.
Jasonb0718
+6|6134
We've had Directv for years now.  Very happy with it.  Only time we lose signal is in really heavy rain or snow.  Comcast ass raped us for 3 years on internet.  The net was pretty much ok, other than the frequent down time, but the price of the digital tv packages was insane.  I have considered switching back from this very unreliable verizon DSL to the slightly less reliable comcast internet, but they want to rape me even more by charging me an outrageous price because I don't have cable service with them.
NateW
my sigs worse than yours
+191|6143

Jasonb0718 wrote:

We've had Directv for years now.  Very happy with it.  Only time we lose signal is in really heavy rain or snow.  Comcast ass raped us for 3 years on internet.  The net was pretty much ok, other than the frequent down time, but the price of the digital tv packages was insane.  I have considered switching back from this very unreliable verizon DSL to the slightly less reliable comcast internet, but they want to rape me even more by charging me an outrageous price because I don't have cable service with them.
We used to have at&t or something along those lines, but Comcast bought them out. The first two years were sketchy as far as service goes. But recently it's been a lot more reliable. I can't remember the last time my internet was down.

As far as tv goes, I've only had Comcast so I can't compare it to DirectTV.
jsnipy
+3,276|6533|...

killer21 wrote:

Verizon FiOS
QFT
CloakedStarship
+76|6576
Comcast internet is absolute butt rape.  Unfortunatly it is the only option open to my family right now.  I wish those bastards with Verison FIOS would get their network down to Florida.

Haven't had any TV issues as far as I know however.
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6607|Michigan, USA
Up here in Michigan, Comcast is one of the better internet offerings, probably not the best, but its fast and same price as most of its competitors, and we've never had a problem with the internet.  Tv is good, however recently we've been having channels lock up, and not 1 or two, but like 10 at a time, which is outrageous.  My brother in law has Direct tv, and I personally dislike it, heavy rain, snow or winds knock the signal out, and light rain snow and wind screw with it.  Also Direct tv is a fair bit more expensive on the large scale, right now my house has 5 tvs hooked up to cable for one price, where as Direct tv charges per reciever, which is something like $20/month per, although im not sure, likly wrong, that said, direct tv would be alot more expensive in my house then Comcast.

As for support, Comcast has been great to us, ever have a problem they come out and fix it, almost always for free too, depending, last time it would have been free but the guys supervisor forced him to charge us.
Steel
on_Target
+65|6328|Sarasota Fl
I love Comcast,
I get free months often, discounts often, fast speed, no contracts, any time I call they are helpful , last month I complain and they credited me 50% that month and the month before, I have been on the $19.95 internet special for years, when it expires I call and renew at the same price.
https://www.ridewithit.com/images/df.bmp
Steel
on_Target
+65|6328|Sarasota Fl

CloakedStarship wrote:

Comcast internet is absolute butt rape.  Unfortunatly it is the only option open to my family right now.  I wish those bastards with Verison FIOS would get their network down to Florida.

FIOS is here and Ive speed tested at friends, it blows hard, they rape you with hidden fees on your credit card and offer no custom deals, its take it or leave it and I left it.
jsnipy
+3,276|6533|...

Steel wrote:

CloakedStarship wrote:

FIOS is here and Ive speed tested at friends, it blows hard, they rape you with hidden fees on your credit card and offer no custom deals, its take it or leave it and I left it.
sux2beurfriend. No issues here, no hidden fees.
Steel
on_Target
+65|6328|Sarasota Fl

jsnipy wrote:

Steel wrote:

CloakedStarship wrote:

sux2beurfriend. No issues here, no hidden fees.
My experience when pricing FIOs was that I do not have a Verizon phone account which I was told by-passes the need for using a credit card,
I do not have a Verizon phone cause they ass rape you with a 30 dollar plan always ending up 70.
A google search on FIOs VS Cable ends up about 50/50 with replies similar to http://littlejoe.typepad.com/blog/2007/ … m_vs_.html
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6656

CloakedStarship wrote:

Verison FIOS I need them in my area too any other useful and helpful hits about directv are welcome

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard