jason85
Banned
+58|6014|Mesa, AZ

B.Schuss wrote:

jason85 wrote:

Sheriff Joe
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/63/18976 … 2d.jpg?v=0
For President
no offense, but that guy looks as if he'd better enjoy his retirement than lead a police department.

who is he ? some kind of local hero ?
He is the Sheriff for my county. Probably the only person I can think of that is actually doing something about illegal immigration.
Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd
+169|6763|Mexico City

ATG wrote:

Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd wrote:

yeah, yeah, insult all you want, but you will see that in a few decades the white people is gonna be a minority in the US, and considering you can have a black (with arab background) president, prepare to join the third world by next decade.
If Mexico represented something I could admire, someplace safe to live, I'd be more prone to popping a Corona and letting chickens run loose in the backyard with you pal.

Mexico is a backward, corrupt toilet of a nation that general only exports its problems.
well, at least we dont spend our time killing our classmates, raping farm animals or manufacturing wars.
corruption exist in all countries, more in yours, an example, you have a war on drugs, but how come you are getting every year more and more?, is your government that wants you to stay stoned and paying taxes.
why our people inmigrate to yours?, is not for your culture, theyre looking for a job that they cant get here case there isnt any, they dont have experience or knowledge. Your overinflated way of life is now implosioning, thanks to georgy boy and his amazing local and foreign policies, the problem is that you could drag down all latinoamerica with you......

China almost has the road free for takeover, see how many products are made in china, and they all suck !"!
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6618|132 and Bush

China almost has the road free for takeover, see how many products are made in china, and they all suck !"!
Maybe immigrants will start sneaking into China and protest them next.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6422|North Carolina

yeah, yeah, insult all you want, but you will see that in a few decades the white people is gonna be a minority in the US, and considering you can have a black (with arab background) president, prepare to join the third world by next decade.
Whites may indeed become a minority, but what really makes or breaks us as a country is whether or not we can maintain some sense of financial stability.

A Hispanicized America wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, but what mostly concerns people here due to illegal immigration is how most people that sneak in are very poor.  I'm very much a conservative on border security, but even I'm willing to admit that most illegals are hard workers.  Despite the money that they are able to make here, they still typically remain poor, and that burdens our social systems.

For example, when illegals have to go to the emergency room, they rarely pay their way.  So, the costs get passed to the rest of us who do pay our way.  This is part of why our healthcare costs as much as it does.  If healthcare gets expensive enough, we'll soon starting falling in the direction of Mexico in terms of quality of life.

Now, I realize that you're from Mexico, so I don't mean any of this as an insult, but you have to admit that it's true.  If Mexico was the wealthy First World country and we were the poor illegals, I'm pretty sure Mexico would take a very strict stance on things.  You guys already do with the Guatemalans, for example.

Last edited by Turquoise (2008-05-06 18:40:26)

ATG
Banned
+5,233|6546|Global Command
And there is the general lack of respect for the law.

I see Mexican contractors all the time using a city business license number in place of a contractors number.

They just don't give a shit. No liability insurance. No workers comp. Nothing they aren't forced into doing.
I, as an American, got all those things first before I opened for business.

Mexican ingenuity does frighten me. Mexican financial superiority doesn't frighten me any more than the boogyman.

But their utter disregard for law does, as does their family planning. illegal alien Mexican family planning means getting across the border and having a baby as soon as possible.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6341|New Haven, CT

Turquoise wrote:

Whites may indeed become a minority, but what really makes or breaks us as a country is whether or not we can maintain some sense of financial stability.

A Hispanicized America wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, but what mostly concerns people here due to illegal immigration is how most people that sneak in are very poor.  I'm very much a conservative on border security, but even I'm willing to admit that most illegals are hard workers.  Despite the money that they are able to make here, they still typically remain poor, and that burdens our social systems.

For example, when illegals have to go to the emergency room, they rarely pay their way.  So, the costs get passed to the rest of us who do pay our way.  This is part of why our healthcare costs as much as it does.  If healthcare gets expensive enough, we'll soon starting falling in the direction of Mexico in terms of quality of life.

Now, I realize that you're from Mexico, so I don't mean any of this as an insult, but you have to admit that it's true.  If Mexico was the wealthy First World country and we were the poor illegals, I'm pretty sure Mexico would take a very strict stance on things.  You guys already do with the Guatemalans, for example.
Of course, considering his he has internet access and a computer good enough to play BF2, we can assume he is easily within the top 10%  socio-economically of Mexican citizens.
Turquoise
O Canada

ATG wrote:

And there is the general lack of respect for the law.

I see Mexican contractors all the time using a city business license number in place of a contractors number.

They just don't give a shit. No liability insurance. No workers comp. Nothing they aren't forced into doing.
I, as an American, got all those things first before I opened for business.

Mexican ingenuity does frighten me. Mexican financial superiority doesn't frighten me any more than the boogyman.

But their utter disregard for law does, as does their family planning. illegal alien Mexican family planning means getting across the border and having a baby as soon as possible.
There's a certain loophole for citizenship that we need to close up.  Yes, it will need a Constitutional Amendment to change, but it's worth it.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6618|132 and Bush

Are you guys familiar with wet feet dry feet in Fl?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6341|New Haven, CT
Is that a reference to Cuban refugees?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6618|132 and Bush

nukchebi0 wrote:

Is that a reference to Cuban refugees?
Yes.. basically if they can make it to land they are good to go.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Turquoise
O Canada
If I'm not mistaken, the Cuban situation is different from most.  Isn't it true that, a lot of times, when Cuban refugees get here, they often have family here already who often have enough money to help them along some?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6618|132 and Bush

Turquoise wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, the Cuban situation is different from most.  Isn't it true that, a lot of times, when Cuban refugees get here, they often have family here already who often have enough money to help them along some?
Usually it's to escape Cuba. Cubans are more of the entrepreneur type. At least from my experience.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Turquoise
O Canada
That, and the Cubans have a tighter community, right?  I mean, I'm assuming there aren't nearly as many Cubans floating into Florida as there are Mexicans crossing the border.  I'm guessing the survival rate on rafts is rather low.
ATG
Banned
must resist urge to make thread...

Enemy Nation

If common sense dictated foreign policy the Marines would not be in Iraq and the Middle East, those tanks and men would be occupying Mexico.

In World War 1 German spies operated freely within Mexico;
July 31, 1917, Tuesday

Page 3, 503 words

WASHINGTON, July 30.--So numerous have become the reports of German spy activities and propaganda in Mexico that Ambassador Fletcher is prepared upon his arrival at Mexico City to call the attention of the Mexican Government to the links in that country between Berlin and German agents in the United States.
And in World War 2

http://www.mexica-movement.org/granmarcha.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mara_Salvatrucha

Important read if you care about this issue.

Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd  claims that Mexico is taking America back, he echos the words of the MS13 founder.

I predict that extended lack of action on this issue by American politicians will result in a blood bath.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6783|Cambridge (UK)

ATG wrote:

If Mexico represented something I could admire, someplace safe to live, I'd be more prone to popping a Corona and letting chickens run loose in the backyard with you pal.

Mexico is a backward, corrupt toilet of a nation that general only exports its problems.
And that has nothing to do with the fact that Mexico is a resource-poor part of the world, has it?

Should we stop giving aid to starving Africans?

Should we just let the 3rd world rot, whilst we languish in our positions of historical good fortune?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6618|132 and Bush

Turquoise wrote:

That, and the Cubans have a tighter community, right?  I mean, I'm assuming there aren't nearly as many Cubans floating into Florida as there are Mexicans crossing the border.  I'm guessing the survival rate on rafts is rather low.
Yea.. vast shark invested open waters tend to make the would be illegal think twice. I know Cubans are very tight. Especially the ones in America. They seem to have a common hate for the Dictator down south.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
ATG
Banned

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

ATG wrote:

And that has nothing to do with the fact that Mexico is a resource-poor part of the world, has it?

Should we just let the 3rd world rot, whilst we languish in our positions of historical good fortune?
Resource poor?

You serious?
Oil, gold, silver, copper, hardwoods.

What they are poor in is integrity.
Turquoise
O Canada

ATG wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

ATG wrote:

Resource poor?

You serious?

To be fair, what raped Africa the most were the terrible borders the Europeans drew for them.  They made similar mistakes with the Middle East as well.
Scorpion0x17
+691|6783|Cambridge (UK)

ATG wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

ATG wrote:

Resource poor?

You serious?

I'm talking about resources that historically led to the world we see today.

Resources like % land available for farming.

Oil, gold, silver, copper and hardwood have only become valuable very very recently.
Scorpion0x17
+691|6783|Cambridge (UK)

Turquoise wrote:

ATG wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Resource poor?

You serious?

To be fair, what raped Africa the most were the terrible borders the Europeans drew for them.  They made similar mistakes with the Middle East as well.
No, they were poor long before we even thought about drawing borders for them

Again, it comes down to the historical distribution of resources like good farm land.

If anyone really wants to understand the balance of power in the world I highly recommend Guns, Germs and Steel by Jared Diamond.
ATG
Banned

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

ATG wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Resource poor?

You serious?

Oil, gold, silver, copper and hardwood have only become valuable very very recently.
I give up.
Scorpion0x17
+691|6783|Cambridge (UK)

ATG wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

ATG wrote:

Resource poor?

You serious?

I give up.
Which part of the diference between "very very recently" and "historically" do you not understand?
ATG
Banned

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

ATG wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

I give up.
Which part of the diference between "very very recently" and "historically" do you not understand?
umm...gold , silver and copper have been traded for thousands of years.

Good day.
Scorpion0x17
+691|6783|Cambridge (UK)

ATG wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

ATG wrote:

I give up.
umm...gold , silver and copper have been traded for thousands of years.

Good day.
Gold, silver and copper have only had any real value within the last thousand years or so.

And, just over 1000 years ago, the Mayans were still running around Mexico.

For a comparison, lets look at some of the history of the British Isles:

2000 years ago we were just coming to the end of the Iron Age.

1000 before that and we were coming to the end of the Neolithic and Bronze ages.

1000 years before that the first industrial scale copper mines were being dug in Britain.

3000 years earlier we were just setting up settlements and begining to farm.

2000 before that and we were still part of mainland Europe.

That's a span of around 9000 thousands years.

And we adopted farming early because we imported it from Europe.

You got to think on much much longer scales than just the last 1000 or so odd years when looking at how the world became what it is today.

Last edited by Scorpion0x17 (2008-05-06 21:16:47)

Turquoise
O Canada

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

ATG wrote:

Resource poor?

You serious?

No, they were poor long before we even thought about drawing borders for them

Again, it comes down to the historical distribution of resources like good farm land.

If anyone really wants to understand the balance of power in the world I highly recommend Guns, Germs and Steel by Jared Diamond.
Good book, but you have to admit that part of what kept them poor in the Industrial Age was European colonization.  Europe raped Africa, and then decided to leave only corporations behind to continue raping them with.

Now, the First World in general is left with the decision of having to aid these people or to just let them die.  Admittedly, I alternate between which option I prefer.

Last edited by Turquoise (2008-05-06 21:16:49)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard