Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6617|132 and Bush

The Carolinas have the largest rate of growth for Hispanics. I wonder how Cinco de Mayo will effect the voter turnout tomorrow (hangovers).
Xbone Stormsurgezz
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6545|Global Command

Kmarion wrote:

The Carolinas have the largest rate of growth for Hispanics. I wonder how Cinco de Mayo will effect the voter turnout tomorrow (hangovers).
Fuck. Great;

" Much of the continued growth in the state's Hispanic population, according to the census figures, can be attributed to women. More than 275,000 Hispanic women resided in North Carolina as of July 1, an 82.3 percent increase since April 2000. "

275,000 Hispanic women = like two million seven hundred fifty thousand babies.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6617|132 and Bush

ATG wrote:

an 82.3 percent increase since April 2000. "

Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd wrote:

in a few decades the white people is gonna be a minority in the US,
It's like the Borg..
Xbone Stormsurgezz
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6340|New Haven, CT
To be honest, an effective, global, birth control campaign would do wonders for improving the quality of life of people.

Poorer people in poorer countries always have more kids, which does nothing to help them escape their terrible existence.

Last edited by nukchebi0 (2008-05-06 00:13:03)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6617|132 and Bush

^^
Sit down first.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6340|New Haven, CT
This basically confirms what I said. Very good video.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6857|Cologne, Germany

ATG wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Fuck. Great;

" Much of the continued growth in the state's Hispanic population, according to the census figures, can be attributed to women. More than 275,000 Hispanic women resided in North Carolina as of July 1, an 82.3 percent increase since April 2000. "

what's wrong with sexy latinas settling down there ?

I am pretty sure the local male population won't mind.

and btw, how did a thread about gangs in LA turn into a thread about mexican immigrants ? The Foxnews piece didn't even mention mexico, if I remember correctly.

As Turquoise said, the root cause of immigration is standard of living. If those were on comparable levels in mexico and the US, there would be no need for anyone from mexico to come to the US to improve his/her economic situation.

It's kind of ironic if you think about it. You have made america famous for being a country were anyone can make it. And now you complain when everybody wants to try ?

Yes, I know, all those people could simply apply for a regular immigration and citizenship/green card, but I have heard those procedures can take months, if not years to complete. It's understandable that those who are in dire need of cash to support their families won't have the time to wait for a proper green card ( if one is lucky enough to get one in the first place ).

Want to fix illegal immigration from mexico ? three steps:

1) border security. it won't be cheap, but the berlin wall wasn't cheap either.
2) make sure no individual or business in the US hires illegal immigrants. I am not talking fines, I am talking prison sentences for offenders.
3) work with the mexican government to improve the situation of the poor in mexico, so they don't have to come to the US to support their families. The obvious problem with that is that mexico profits hugely from the flow of US dollars coming into mexico from illegal immigrants in the US. As a result, this flow of money should be the initial point of attack.

these are all no-brainers, of course. now, back to your regular program.
B.Schuss

Kmarion wrote:

^^
Sit down first.
hm, looking at the style of clothing, I would guess this is from the nineties ( couldn't read the year at the bottom of the charts ).

Interesting video, but still I wonder if the trend that the guy warned of actually continued.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6617|132 and Bush

B.Schuss wrote:

ATG wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Fuck. Great;

what's wrong with sexy latinas settling down there ?

I am pretty sure the local male population won't mind.

and btw, how did a thread about gangs in LA turn into a thread about mexican immigrants ? The Foxnews piece didn't even mention mexico, if I remember correctly.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/18th_Street_gang

B.Schuss wrote:

As Turquoise said, the root cause of immigration is standard of living. If those were on comparable levels in mexico and the US, there would be no need for anyone from mexico to come to the US to improve his/her economic situation.
Right so the solution is to import poverty.

B.Schuss wrote:

It's kind of ironic if you think about it. You have made America famous for being a country were anyone can make it. And now you complain when everybody wants to try ?
Illegally .. . This type of reply is common practice amongst those who would brand people immigration haters because we want them to obey the laws of our land. Despite the fact the United States stands head and shoulders above the rest of the world when it comes to accepting refugees from other nations (legally).

B.Schuss wrote:

Yes, I know, all those people could simply apply for a regular immigration and citizenship/green card, but I have heard those procedures can take months, if not years to complete. It's understandable that those who are in dire need of cash to support their families won't have the time to wait for a proper green card ( if one is lucky enough to get one in the first place ).
So we take a big steaming dump on those who have done it properly? Part of immigration reform is looking at the manner in which we accept immigrants. But if we aren't enforcing current immigration laws what makes you think future ones would ever be enforced? I'm almost positive that German citizenship is even more elusive than American.

We've done the Amnesty thing before.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigratio … ct_of_1986
Xbone Stormsurgezz
jason85
Banned
+58|6013|Mesa, AZ
Sheriff Joe
https://farm1.static.flickr.com/63/189763972_be5003202d.jpg?v=0
For President

Last edited by jason85 (2008-05-06 02:25:04)

jason85
Banned
+58|6013|Mesa, AZ

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

He lives in Southern California and is affected negatively by them.
Well, that's what I'm trying to get at - how is he "affected negatively by them"?

'Border security', or the lack thereof, are just concepts and concepts can do one no harm.
I don't know about him exactly, but there is stuff that affects people where I live. When illegals come over here and get sick, they rush to the hospital, because they can't turn people away. But they can't pay their bills, so they just leave, after they have gotten looked at. They also enroll their children in school, while citizens pay for it with their tax money. Plus we have to hire bilingual teachers so we can accommodate them. But do they contribute to these kinds of things? No, it is the people who were born here or have acquired citizenship that pay for all of these things. Not only that, but crime rates are higher in areas of higher illegal immigrant populations. Where I live, we have to deal we the Coyotes, who smuggle illegals in. They also don't mind killing the very people they bring over, as well as people that live here. Then there are the ones they do bring over, that can potentially be rapists or murderers escaping to the US. I'd say that is all negative.

Last edited by jason85 (2008-05-06 02:48:24)

B.Schuss

KMarion wrote:

So we take a big steaming dump on those who have done it properly? Part of immigration reform is looking at the manner in which we accept immigrants. But if we aren't enforcing current immigration laws what makes you think future ones would ever be enforced? I'm almost positive that German citizenship is even more elusive than American.
actually, it isn't. Requirements are about the same in germany and the US ( a job, knowledge of the language, permanent residency for a certain number of years ). I would even go as far as to say the US naturalization process is a bit harder, as it features a citizen test, which we do not have in germany.
Not yet, that is...

I agree though that it is all about enforcing the immigration laws that are already in existence. And I have never said that I support illegal immigration anywhere. But I can understand why someone would want to come to the US, even illegally.

The problem I see is that we have reached a point where some western countries feel inclined to limit the number of legal immigrants from certain regions in the world, simply because certain types of immigrants ( especially the poorer and less educated ones ) are regarded as a burden, not as an asset.

I know that we cannot fix the problems of other countries with regard to education, or opportunity through immigration.
But I also believe that it is the fundamental right of every human being to be allowed to better himself/herself through dedication and hard work, regardless of the circumstances.

And since birth rates in almost every major western nation have dropped under the magic number of 2,1 in recent years ( with the exception of France, I believe ), there is no denying that we need immigration. Legal, of course.
B.Schuss

jason85 wrote:

Sheriff Joe
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/63/18976 … 2d.jpg?v=0
For President
no offense, but that guy looks as if he'd better enjoy his retirement than lead a police department.

who is he ? some kind of local hero ?
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6701|United States of America

B.Schuss wrote:

jason85 wrote:

Sheriff Joe
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/63/18976 … 2d.jpg?v=0
For President
no offense, but that guy looks as if he'd better enjoy his retirement than lead a police department.

who is he ? some kind of local hero ?
I guess you could say that.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Arpaio
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6782|Cambridge (UK)

B.Schuss wrote:

how did a thread about gangs in LA turn into a thread about mexican immigrants ?
First line of OP. That's how.
Scorpion0x17
+691|6782|Cambridge (UK)

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

He lives in Southern California and is affected negatively by them.
Well, that's what I'm trying to get at - how is he "affected negatively by them"?

'Border security', or the lack thereof, are just concepts and concepts can do one no harm.
Concepts can do no harm?  Really?  What the are you smoking? By your logic, is war not a concept?
No, war is a physical manifestation of a concept.

Physical manifestations can do one harm.

Concepts themselves can not.
Scorpion0x17
+691|6782|Cambridge (UK)
RE: thread in general - hmmm... I wonder how many of these problems would be lessened by the introduction of a decent welfare system and tighter gun control laws (sorry gun nuts, but I just don't buy the 'the right to bear arms makes the streets safer' argument).
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6712|NJ
B.Schuss There are allot of reasons why our birthing population has gone down, one is responsibility.. The burden that illegals(ones who come to the country to make a better life for them self) put on our economy and economic system is devastating..

With the way that current laws are in America is that the non residents who came here have a way better chance to make it, they make the income, use the services and give nothing back. As Jason85 stated, those are all horrible drains on our society and it's not like they're wanted to pay it back either allot of those people come here to make American dollars and go home to there weaker countries with there tax free dollars.

My legal immigrant friends from south America and Europe hate illegals more then any citizen I have ever meet, because they took the time and the effort to learn English and do things the right way. They are like the roommate that doesn't' pay rent, eats all your food, hits on your girlfriends and then talks shit about you.

Border Patrols are not going to work, they never have and never will. If they did work we wouldn't be having a problem right now, it's a smoke screen to appease people.. There are only a few things that would work, a universal health care system and a flat tax.. Now the income tax that the American people are being charged is no longer around so there's more money to be spent and you get taxed for the goods you buy so there's no people beating the system.
cpt.fass1
+329|6712|NJ

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

RE: thread in general - hmmm... I wonder how many of these problems would be lessened by the introduction of a decent welfare system and tighter gun control laws (sorry gun nuts, but I just don't buy the 'the right to bear arms makes the streets safer' argument).
How many of what problems? These are people coming into our country illegally, you don't think they're going to bring there legally bought mexican weapons with them? And welfare for an other country? we're already supporting them.. It might be different if we weren't a landlocked country.
Scorpion0x17
+691|6782|Cambridge (UK)

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

How many of what problems? These are people coming into our country illegally, you don't think they're going to bring there legally bought mexican weapons with them?
That's where tighter gun control laws come in.

cpt.fass1 wrote:

And welfare for an other country? we're already supporting them.. It might be different if we weren't a landlocked country.
It's called civilisation.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6545|Global Command

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

How many of what problems? These are people coming into our country illegally, you don't think they're going to bring there legally bought mexican weapons with them?

cpt.fass1 wrote:

And welfare for an other country? we're already supporting them.. It might be different if we weren't a landlocked country.
Can we send the Marines to install stronger gun control in Mexico?
Scorpion0x17
+691|6782|Cambridge (UK)

ATG wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Can we send the Marines to install stronger gun control in Mexico?
No, stronger gun control laws in the US.

Basically, to compare the two extremes:

If you have everyone running around with legally owned guns, then it's impossible to police the illegaly owned ones.

If no-one is legally allowed to own a gun, then the illegal ones tend to stick out like a sore thumb.
cpt.fass1
+329|6712|NJ
No the illegal owned bullets will stick out like a sore thumb.. The illegal owned guns will be in the pants of the illegally entered alien?

I"m really not sure if I follow that logic at all.  As far as Welfare for a neighboring country when is the UK going to reverse all the damage it did in Africa?
Scorpion0x17
+691|6782|Cambridge (UK)

cpt.fass1 wrote:

No the illegal owned bullets will stick out like a sore thumb.. The illegal owned guns will be in the pants of the illegally entered alien?

I"m really not sure if I follow that logic at all.  As far as Welfare for a neighboring country when is the UK going to reverse all the damage it did in Africa?
We take in refugees and asylum seekers, house them, feed them and give them medical care.

We're not a big enough country to do much more than that (and Africa is hardly a neighbour, not that that makes any difference).
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6617|132 and Bush

B.Schuss wrote:

KMarion wrote:

actually, it isn't. Requirements are about the same in germany and the US ( a job, knowledge of the language, permanent residency for a certain number of years ). I would even go as far as to say the US naturalization process is a bit harder, as it features a citizen test, which we do not have in germany.
Not yet, that is...

I agree though that it is all about enforcing the immigration laws that are already in existence. And I have never said that I support illegal immigration anywhere. But I can understand why someone would want to come to the US, even illegally.

The problem I see is that we have reached a point where some western countries feel inclined to limit the number of legal immigrants from certain regions in the world, simply because certain types of immigrants ( especially the poorer and less educated ones ) are regarded as a burden, not as an asset.

I know that we cannot fix the problems of other countries with regard to education, or opportunity through immigration.
But I also believe that it is the fundamental right of every human being to be allowed to better himself/herself through dedication and hard work, regardless of the circumstances.

And since birth rates in almost every major western nation have dropped under the magic number of 2,1 in recent years ( with the exception of France, I believe ), there is no denying that we need immigration. Legal, of course.
8 years of uninterrupted residency right? Until recently you couldn't be a German citizen unless you were born in Germany.
In general, birth in Germany does not confer German citizenship if neither parent is German. However, children born on or after 1 January 2000 to non-German parents acquire German citizenship at birth if at least one parent:

* has a permanent residence permit (and has had this status for at least 3 years); and
    * has been residing in Germany for at least 8 years.

Such children will be required to apply successfully to retain German citizenship by the age of 23. Assuming the laws are not changed prior to 2023, they will normally be required to prove they do not hold any foreign citizenship.
Thats tougher than ours.

Legal, of course.
I understand the will to migrate also. But like anything in life, what you are willing to accept (legally) sets a precedent for the future. It's hard to work with a nation that's is unwilling to host their own people.

Americans are still having babies. The birth rate issue seems to be confined to the European part of the western world.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ … y/National
The US is currently going through it's second "baby boom".
Xbone Stormsurgezz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard