Jamalen
+2|6762|Shetland Islands
Heres the thing, yesterday I had the best experience of BF2 ever..

I got on the server, and got the commander slot.. and people...ack... FOLLOWED orders!

They asked for supplies in the right places, placed arty calls in the correct places when my SAT was down, waited for people to get into Helicopters before flying off.. DEFENDED flags when I asked..

Formed Squads, (squads that where NOT all snipers), said thanks when I dropped UAV on peeople who didn't ask...

Came and picked me up when i called for a lift.. etc etc...

Basically everyone on both sides played the game how I have always wished to see it play, and afterwards I found out a shocking truth, it was an UNRANKED server...

I only found out as I got my best ever round score of 118 and took the Gold Star, only for them never to turn up in my stats... BUT i don't regret it for a second..

I'm even more tempted to play on unranked servers now, there is a bit too much "Me me me" in BF2 normally...
Esker
+1|6746
Yup, once I've recieved my last two unlocks I'm highly unlikely to bother with ranked servers because I too have noticed that unranked servers play a better game of BF2.
Octavarium
+1|6729
Yeah, but you can get it on ranked servers too.

I played on Wake as commander and DIDN'T fight, I spotted every enemy, dropped crates, and arty when asked and to my suprised actually recieved compliments from other players!! Unsuprisingly we won all 3 rounds with ease.
thinner44
+1|6828
A lot of the 'me me me' bit is beacuse badges, medals, ribbons and so on are on offer. So it happens that to each person there is a goal, or if goal isn't correct, an agenda . I have to say there are instances of extremely good teamwork on ranked servers, it just depends on who and where.

Oh, and if I'm playing and the commander drops supplies at my position, I always say 'thanks' ... no harm in that and chances are, if I look in some difficulty, he's likely to help out again
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6769
yeah very rare do u get a good commander on a ranked server. the number of times i join a game on a ranked server and find the commander is using the supply drop to repaire his own assets. it is not a bad thing from time to time when none of the squads are fixing them for u, but when there is a squad leader asking for a drop, then he is only asking for it because he needs it to win the round. the commander cant give the drop cause he is using them for himself.
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6728|Charlie One Alpha
I have never played a single round on an unranked server, but I am getting a bit tired of all the self-centered play on the ranked servers, so I think I might check it out.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
Erkut.hv
+124|6754|California

theDude5B wrote:

yeah very rare do u get a good commander on a ranked server. the number of times i join a game on a ranked server and find the commander is using the supply drop to repaire his own assets. it is not a bad thing from time to time when none of the squads are fixing them for u, but when there is a squad leader asking for a drop, then he is only asking for it because he needs it to win the round. the commander cant give the drop cause he is using them for himself.
I play an engineer when I am commanding, so I can drop supplies where they are needed. I usually keep a jeep handy so I can drive around to my stuff and fix it. That is, after I deploy everything and spot as much as I can, I run around and fix my stuff.

I have agendas when I play ranked servers, but the team always comes first.
$kelet0r
+16|6701
I love it when that happens
One of  my favourite moments was having one squad on Kubra dam listen to every word i said
I cleared the road for them with artillery, i sent in supplies to chokepoints where i knew they would meet the enemy, i redirected jets and choppers just to keep flags clear for them to take
Amazing what can happen with a little banter
The usmc won in about 10 minutes on a 300 slot server
{PAMD64}canuk
+0|6745
I would play on unranked servers more, but none of the ones i have played on let me use my unlocks, and the default weapons really suck.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard