d4rkph03n1x
+131|6772

Funky_Finny wrote:

PBAsydney wrote:

tupla_s wrote:

There's no such thing in 7600gt, at least I don't have a power connector in it. It's for higher end cards that need more juice
This man speaks the truth, 7600GT uses only mobo juice.

I had a similar system before my current one and it could easily run BF2 with medium/high settings.
Talking shite, my 7600GT has a power plug on it. Pix if you don't believe me.
EDIT: I have pretty much the same rig, can run BF2 at high and CoD4 at med/high and Crysis at low.
EDIT2: Infact I have the exact same rig. Small world, huh.
So if you got the same machine as me, why the fuck can't I run anything? Its going okay, but like 80-95 fps in CS haven't even tried bf2.
d4rkph03n1x
+131|6772

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

OP: Your PC should run BF2/CS:S/WoW just fine - summat's screwy with it.

First up, did it come all set-up for you, with windows pre-installed?

If so, do the following:

1. Reset BIOS.
2. Format hard drive (can be done during next step).
3. Install Windows (get it to format install partition).
4. DEFRAG.
5. Install all LATEST drivers for hardware.
6. DEFRAG.
7. Update Windows.
8. DEFRAG.
9. Install games.
10. DEFRAG.
11. Enjoy, hopefully.

If this doesn't work, then summat's up with the hardware - take it back and demand a refund.
Came all set up with windows, but no cd. Bought it off local net cafe owner, he wouldn't jew me so hard. I don't believe so.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6866|Reykjavík, Iceland.

VicktorVauhn wrote:

^Is that card 15 dollars?

Besides random comsumer grade computers don't necessarily have a PCI-E port, or AGP...thats the actual reason we went pci. Why pay/buy more then you need when you will never ever use it?

God damn, I just realized I used similey code from the other forum I frequent...
Didn't have to pay for a second card to run a second monitor at all, that's what counts.
d4rkph03n1x
+131|6772

Defragged, Threw every anti-virus I had at the cunt, (avg, spybot, ad-aware, house-call) and it seems to be running semi-ok. The Second day I bought the machine the screen went purple, a reset fixed it, but I think that was where my problem began. What happens is, after running for about 4-6 hours, It suddenly drops to like 15 FPS in CS and WoW. I've unplugged the card and cleaned the fan, that seemed to help. I also unplugged the ram (that also seemed to help). I'll keep you posted.

Edit: Disabled Spybot Resident - seemed to help. Tried registry scan, all of those programs arent free (anyone know a free registry scanner and is it worth buying one?).

Last edited by d4rkph03n1x (2008-05-05 06:22:29)

d4rkph03n1x
+131|6772

I think my problem is the processor, not the 7600GT. Although I should upgrade both, how should I go about it? GFX first processor next? or get a new CPU (which means new motherboard doesnt it?) first.
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6731|Charlie One Alpha
This sounds like an overheating issue to me, actually.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
pers0nah
Waste Kid
+271|6604|MANCHESTERRR

LaidBackNinja wrote:

Yeah me 2.

a long time ago, my computer (3.6 P4, 1gig RAM, 1900XT) would do just the same thing in game (drop to about 20FPS)

anyway after about 3 weeks of virus scanning and god knows what else i cleaned my heatsink and gone was the problem

im almost certain its a heat issue.

EDIT: You may also find that your CPU is under 50% load, down to overheating aswell.

Last edited by pers0nah (2008-05-05 09:03:37)

Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6643|London, England
Answer my question. What resolution are you running at.
d4rkph03n1x
+131|6772

LaidBackNinja wrote:

I have 2 fans pointed at card and motherboard for as long as its operating. I've decided i'm going to pretty much buy a new computer part by part. Would it be worth buying Motherboard/cpu/ram first and using those whilst I buy more parts? Or just keep using this computer, spec myself up a good one, and save the exact amount needed for it.

mek-stizzle wrote:

Answer my question. What resolution are you running at.
I think its all on 1024*768. Desktop, games, etc.
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6371|Belfast
i dont think it liked WoW

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard