bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6333

This is a little late, considering BF2 is on it's way out pretty soon. It's called AdminMap. Found the link to it while browsing BF2CC.com

Hi everyone,
I want to introduce a new Program to all you stressed BF2 Admins out there.
Its a Program like BF2CC, but for observing and administrating your BF2 Ranked Server.

What does observing mean?
You have a Minimap-like Picture with moving icons on it, which refreshes every second (just like the ingame Minimap). Every icon represents a Player or his Vehicle. Due to abusing issues you can only see dead players and players who did a violation.

What does administrating mean?
The Program detects many common Rule Violations automatically.
You can choose the Tool to warn only or turn on the AutoAdmin which Kicks or Banns, after a number of Violations.
http://adminmap.bf2cc.com/info.html

Looks to me like it'll auto warn/kick/ban whoever's icon appears in the enemy base, if no baseraping happens to be one of the server rules.
{_Schlemihl_}
+4|6546|elsewhere
autoadmins are the biggest shit on earth!!!

Last edited by {_Schlemihl_} (2008-06-03 14:47:17)

Rofl_My_Waffle
+11|6712
Hmm, I should look into that when it comes out. The thing is we don't want to be too strict about everything. Some things could be an accident and some thing are obvious.

Running into a jet on purpose would get your kicked without warning on our server but it is ok if it was intentional.
Fighting commander can be very situational. If it detects that by kills, then if a commander throws a grenade or snipes a few people getting decents kills would fall into the system.

However I do like the uncappable base detection and commander in vehicles.
punisher
+1|6620|netherlands
looking good
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6648|UK
I think I'll have a look at this for the EU servers.
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6153|Scotland!
Oh HELL no
3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff
+345|6324|The | Netherlands
Still useless with TV-missiles, or does it also notice where you get killed?

Last edited by 3lmo (2008-05-02 06:46:04)

Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6169|San Antonio, Texas

3lmo wrote:

Does the TV missile count as the player's icon once launched and guided? Because in BattleRecorder, watching a gunner in an attack heli will jump from the gunner's seat view to the view of the missile heading to its target. Nutty theory, yes.
NUNYA! Bluecow003
+14|5940|Minneapolis, MN
I like this program idea a lot.  There are a lot of times where our server doesn't have an admin in it and people start breaking the rules all over the place.
GuliblGuy
Zulu son, what!?!
+79|6806|Anaheim, CA

Wow that looks pretty slick.  Hopefully he gets it all dialed in and comes up with a quick update for bf3 . . .
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6587|England

3lmo wrote:

Well thats pathetic for those cases, because that means that "FINALLY", cry-baby admins can sit in an uncap, in a stinger site or mobile AA and fire at your heli/jet, and you cant do a damned thing about it, other than get kicked.
I dont mind servers that dont allow uncap attacks (meh, you get used to them), but to disallow that is something I cannot accept.

This sounds like a bad idea.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard