PeoNinja
Ninja Fart - Silent but Deadly
+31|6169
SPORE CREATURE CREATOR AVAILABLE WORLDWIDE JUNE 17

Free Demo and Complete Retail Versions Deliver Powerful Creativity Tools to Create, Play and Share

Redwood City, CA - April 25, 2008 – Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) and Maxis today announced that a free downloadable demo, and complete retail version of the Spore™ Creature Creator will be available starting June 17, 2008. The Spore Creature Creator gives Spore fans, and those who are creatively curious, the first hands-on opportunity to design their own species and share it with their friends. All creatures designed with the Spore Creature Creator can be imported into the full retail version of Spore for PC and Mac when it launches on September 5, 2008 in Europe and September 7, 2008 in North America.

“We are thrilled to finally be putting the creative tools of Spore into the hands of players around the world,” said Will Wright, chief designer, Maxis. “The amazing creations players design this summer will help populate the game universe we all enter when Spore ships this September, so in a sense, the Spore Creature Creator is the birth of Spore.”

The free demo version of the Spore Creature Creator will be available worldwide via download from www.spore.com. The demo lets players shape, paint and play with an unlimited number of creatures, using 25 percent of the creature-making parts from Spore. Gamers can then share these creations with their friends, including seamless uploads to YouTube. The demo will also be included in the The SimCity™ Box, which ships on June 23.

A complete retail version of the Spore Creature Creator will also be available in North America for $9.99 and most European territories for €9.99, which gives players access to all the creature-making parts in the game.

Spore, the highly anticipated game from the creators of The Sims™, gives players their own personal universe in a box. Create and evolve life, establish tribes, build civilizations, sculpt entire worlds and explore a universe created by other gamers. Spore gives players a wealth of creative tools to customize nearly every aspect of their universe: creatures, vehicles, buildings, and even UFOs. Players can then seamlessly share their creations with the world or explore infinite new galaxies created by other gamers.
http://www.spore.com/press_042508.php

new teaser  http://www.spore.com/screenshots.php?mo … mp;play=hi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZHhVPTDN_8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDq8h2ugVa8
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6508|Long Island, New York
June 17th? Earlier than expected, no?

Sounds good. I don't know if I'll buy it, but I'll try the demo...seems interesting.
Brasso
+1,549|6601

great!  i saw the newsletter and was waiting for the Creature Creator to come out.  it's nice that you can import creatures made before the retail game comes out into the actual game.

will the full Creature Creator come with the purchase of Spore?  or will it be an extra $10?
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Volatile
+252|6675|Sextupling in Empire

I've seen little info on this game. Does anyone know how the multiplayer works? Can you attack other players/civilizations?
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

Don't see the point in releasing and or buying a creature creator if the full game comes out a little over 2 months later.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6750|Great Brown North

Volatile wrote:

I've seen little info on this game. Does anyone know how the multiplayer works? Can you attack other players/civilizations?
there is no multiplayer, it's all singleplayer

but the content you interact with was created by other people
r00ts
xD
+81|6513|Netherlands
fucking hot game
me wants
Hope_is_lost117
Psy squad
+49|5967|Belgium

haffeysucks wrote:

great!  i saw the newsletter and was waiting for the Creature Creator to come out.  it's nice that you can import creatures made before the retail game comes out into the actual game.

will the full Creature Creator come with the purchase of Spore?  or will it be an extra $10?
An extra 10$
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6419

Good job with copying Little Big Planet.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6194|Escea

I still have no idea what this game is all about
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub

r'Eeee wrote:

wasnt little big planet only announced last year?
r'Eeee
+311|6419

krazed wrote:

r'Eeee wrote:

Yes, March last year. But, since it was announced, the main theme of the game was "Play. Share. and Create!"
Hope_is_lost117
Psy squad
+49|5967|Belgium

M.O.A.B wrote:

I still have no idea what this game is all about
It's like the sims:evolution
You start out with a single cellular organism, you have to eat, evolve, mate with others, then you can upgrade your creature, reach the next fase etc and the end is where your creture rules the whole galaxy
That's it in a nutshell, try youtbe for mor info
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub

r'Eeee wrote:

krazed wrote:

r'Eeee wrote:

Yes, March last year. But, since it was announced, the main theme of the game was "Play. Share. and Create!"
that started in 05/06 unless i'm missing something somewhere

regardless they both look interesting

Last edited by krazed (2008-05-02 05:07:12)

Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6737|UK

r'Eeee wrote:

krazed wrote:

r'Eeee wrote:

Um noobcake, this game has been in production for 4 years...
r'Eeee
+311|6419

Vilham wrote:

r'Eeee wrote:

krazed wrote:

I'm talking about the create and share part. Which wasn't part of the deal. Hence the article.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub

r'Eeee wrote:

Vilham wrote:

r'Eeee wrote:

I'm talking about the create and share part. Which wasn't part of the deal. Hence the article.
are you talking about the "pollinated content" part?
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6439

r'Eeee wrote:

Spore was in the works before PS3 was even announced.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6736|Cambridge (UK)

r'Eeee wrote:

krazed wrote:

r'Eeee wrote:

The main theme of games X, Y, Z and a whole host of others, are all "Play, Share, and Create!".

It's the current "big new thing" - has been ever since Second Life launched.

(and, if anything, LBP is copying Spore, not the other way round)

Last edited by Scorpion0x17 (2008-05-02 22:12:57)

r'Eeee
+311|6419

Ok, I lost, you won. But LBP > Spore
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub

r'Eeee wrote:

Ok, I lost, you won. But LBP > Spore
lies and slander

actualy i don't really know much about lbp so
r'Eeee