[g0t]JediPimp
Banned
+0|6790
I have been trying to get my Vet C4 badge on the Moders Ghost Town 24x7 map for the past couple of weeks.  My primary method is to load a ATV with C4 and become a moving explosive delivery system. 

This method is very effective against vehicles because of the tight streets, and the fact that the ATV is very fast and mobile. I didn't care about the suicide cause I wanted the C4 kill.  Unfortunately, I would fall short of my goal because the round would end.

Tonight I tried this method on the Warlord map and kicked ass. I earned my Vet C4, then my Expert Spec Ops, then my Expert Spec Ops for SF, and finally my Expert C4 ALL IN ONE ROUND!!! 

I'd like to personally thank all those C4 victims on the Moders 24x7 Ghost Town map who put up with my shit and often laughed at me and with me while I perfected my technique.

Last edited by [g0t]JediPimp (2005-12-19 01:30:12)

polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6830|Singapore

How the heck... Isn't that like. 60 or so pure C4 kills?
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6812|AUS, Canberra
if you ram them with c4 on the front you dont get -2 suicide.
[g0t]JediPimp
Banned
+0|6790

polarbearz wrote:

How the heck... Isn't that like. 60 or so pure C4 kills?
As far as I know no.  Vet you get once you reach 23 I think, then you need 37 for Expert, so going from Vet to Expert is only +14 more C4 kills.
[g0t]JediPimp
Banned
+0|6790

the_heart_attack wrote:

if you ram them with c4 on the front you dont get -2 suicide.
I dont ram unless I don't see them while going around the corner. I would place all 5 C4 charges on the ATV. Before jumping on I would make sure the detonator was in my hand. Then right before I reached my target I would jump off the ATV and hit the detonator...BOOM!!!

2 C4 charges would probably do the trick, but to be safe I would use all 5 because I found I could take out a tank and an APC at the same time, or an armored vehicle and nearby troops at one time with the splash damage of the C4.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6830|Singapore

I thought the ticker starts from 0?!
madsmao
+0|6835|Copenhagen, Denmark
Congrats!
I might just try that technique myself one of these days. I have not had much luck with jihad-jeeping, since I generally find it to be a problem to find enough targets in between all the driving around. I see how Warlord might be the perfect map though. I have accuired quite a few of my own badges there too.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6883|Cologne, Germany

polarbearz wrote:

I thought the ticker starts from 0?!
no. I f you have the global requirements before entering the round, you can get basic and expert in the same round, I believe.
oJmHo
I want the pink mist
+0|6849
Been trying to get the vet explosives, got any advice as to any hot spots I should target on Warlord?
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6751|Charlie One Alpha
This is how I got my basic and Vet in one round:
Go to a 64 karkand server.
Go to the front near the first killing zone, before the alleys.
Put 1 (one) c4 charge on the wall near the entrance.
When someone enters, blow it up and place a new one.
Wait for a medic to revive your previous victim(s), then blow the c4 and you get a ton of kills that way. The only reason I didn't get my expert badge is because I don't have the global hours requirement yet.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
nexus3372
+1|6822
I POSTED THIS LIKE 8987469873450984609 YEARS AGO MAN! GET WIT THE PROGRAM!!lol
Blankwindow
+1|6766
The best way to use the c4 with the atv is this.put two bricks on the front and one on either side of the atv. the fifth bag can be put on one of the sides or the front. (c4 on all sides but the back.) because c4 is directed by the object it is on then it will not hve a 270 degree kill zone of direct and a 360 close rnage indirect.

not only can you jump off and survive the blase but any infantry or vechiles within the 270 degree direction and within the lethal c4 range they are dead. it's more deadly then just a 100 degree with all 5 on front.

and if your suicidal or just don't care put two on the front and one on each of the remaining sides. it's great to roll up onto a group of enemies mounted or unmounted. BOOM! all gone.
KillerAFET
+3|6822|Abilene, Texas

Blankwindow wrote:

The best way to use the c4 with the atv is this.put two bricks on the front and one on either side of the atv. the fifth bag can be put on one of the sides or the front. (c4 on all sides but the back.) because c4 is directed by the object it is on then it will not hve a 270 degree kill zone of direct and a 360 close rnage indirect.

not only can you jump off and survive the blase but any infantry or vechiles within the 270 degree direction and within the lethal c4 range they are dead. it's more deadly then just a 100 degree with all 5 on front.

and if your suicidal or just don't care put two on the front and one on each of the remaining sides. it's great to roll up onto a group of enemies mounted or unmounted. BOOM! all gone.
Hmmmm, looks like I'm gonna be a biker-bomber tonite!!!
wiggin
+0|6850|Bay Area, CA
I think using 5 bricks is a waste, I get by with two most of the time, which leaves me more c4 to put on another jeep/atv to go blow up more armor or uav's etc... even if 2 doesnt fully blow the armor up you can usually  throw another pack and blow them up before they have time to realize what happened.

Doing this on jetskis is great fun too

Last edited by wiggin (2005-12-21 11:55:14)

Blankwindow
+1|6766

wiggin wrote:

I think using 5 bricks is a waste, I get by with two most of the time, which leaves me more c4 to put on another jeep/atv to go blow up more armor or uav's etc... even if 2 doesnt fully blow the armor up you can usually  throw another pack and blow them up before they have time to realize what happened.

Doing this on jetskis is great fun too
i is a waste, but if your going to do it the ways i described are the best way to maximize the usage.
Doomsday
Banned
+1|6802

[g0t]JediPimp wrote:

I have been trying to get my Vet C4 badge on the Moders Ghost Town 24x7 map for the past couple of weeks.  My primary method is to load a ATV with C4 and become a moving explosive delivery system. 

This method is very effective against vehicles because of the tight streets, and the fact that the ATV is very fast and mobile. I didn't care about the suicide cause I wanted the C4 kill.  Unfortunately, I would fall short of my goal because the round would end.

Tonight I tried this method on the Warlord map and kicked ass. I earned my Vet C4, then my Expert Spec Ops, then my Expert Spec Ops for SF, and finally my Expert C4 ALL IN ONE ROUND!!! 

I'd like to personally thank all those C4 victims on the Moders 24x7 Ghost Town map who put up with my shit and often laughed at me and with me while I perfected my technique.
Did u know that ur a bitch ass stat padder??
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6763|Sydney, Australia

Doomsday wrote:

[g0t]JediPimp wrote:

Did anybody else come to that conclusion?

anyone... were going for anyone else... anybody? No.

Grats on your ATV of death. I should try it sometime. (I ought to get my basic one anyday).

I have "scientifically" tested if C4ing youself counts. Kids, I doesn't.
Umbra Acciptris
+1|6797

Doomsday wrote:

Looks like some one is cranky and needs a nappy time.
Doomsday
Banned
+1|6802

Umbra Acciptris wrote:

Doomsday wrote:

Looks like some one is cranky and needs a nappy time.
look at his stats and u will all agree.......kiddos
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6803

nexus3372 wrote:

I POSTED THIS LIKE 8987469873450984609 YEARS AGO MAN! GET WIT THE PROGRAM!!lol
LOL.  I remember that post nexus, you said that you "invented" that tactic, and then we all told you it has been going on since the first day of SF.  So maybe you shouldn't tell people to get with the program.
0ktane
Negative Ping
+55|6808|Arizona
I was just bout to jump down someones throat for accusing someone of padding...until I checked the profile carefully...

[myg0t]chubr0ck (72)
[myg0t]vodka (115)
[myg0t]SexyToaster (103)
[myg0t]tAct1cS (49)

Worst kills and such, all with clan mates....make your own assumption...I've made mine.

p.s.  just looked at the clanmates for shits and giggles...nice lil chain there, I'd be embarrassed to be in that clan.

Last edited by 0ktane (2005-12-23 06:33:11)

0ktane
Negative Ping
+55|6808|Arizona
[g0t]Opter13B Profile shows this...

More Victims... [myg0t]tAct1cS (240)  [myg0t]SexyToaster (218)
[C4]LostMonkey
+0|6794|Norway
You can get BF2 awards in SF, I can't...
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6761|California

yes you can ^^

and you ARE a stat padder, noone can get 1,000 points in a round legally, even as commander
JesusElSavior
+0|6772
I always get a good laugh out of watching people do Jihad runs.  Seen some neat stuff.  Wouldn't mind trying it on Warlord, hitting the ramp on top of the parking garage, and land near a group of enemies, and splatter them everywhere.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard