superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6807

I would love to see them implement a "supply line" concept like there is in Unreal Tournament 2004.  Starting at your main base, the closest flags (call them A-flags) would be connected via a supply route.  Then the next closest flags to the A-flags (let's call them B-flags) would be connected to the A-flags.  And so on until you reach the enemy base.  What this basically means is that you need to cap A-flags before you cap B-flags.  If your A-Flag is not capped then you cannot cap B-flags because the "supply line" would be cut.  Also, the other team cannot cap your A-flag if you have capped your B-Flag because their "supply line" would be cut.

Not sure if I'm expaining this well so check out some Unreal sites if you don't get it.

This may sound pretty stupid but it has one really great advantage:  It concentrates fighting among a couple of key flags where the opposing sides supply lines converge.  I think the reason people love karkland is because of the awesome and chaotic battles that occur as the USMC tries to enter the city.  Karland is the only map that is fairly linear and the majority of forces meet up on a battlefield "front-line".  The supply-line concept would create a couple of main battlefronts where the sides would meet in combat instead of scattered fighting throughout a large map.

I know that there are reasons that this will not happen in BF2.  The main one is that the game would become unbalanced and some kits/vehicles would become way to powerful (imagine having jets on karlands!). Also, the maps are not created for this type of gameplay.  Battlefield simply wasn't created for this concept and their balancing system wouldn't support this type of concept.  However, I would love to see it implemented in their next generation offering:)

Last edited by superfly_cox (2005-10-16 13:57:12)

Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6808|The Hague, Holland
I love your idea. Its absolutly true. I hope EA thinks about this
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6873|-
There IS a supply line game mode that was never finished for BF2. If you go deep into the archives of the BF2 files and folders you can see it.
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6832|The planet Tophet
really trigg?
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6807

if others like this concept, bump and maybe we'll get enough to get EA to include this game type!!
Tigg@lot
noob on tour
+1|6800|NRW,Germany
I love the idea.
Milk.org
Bringing Sexy Back
+270|6802|UK
I beleive you are talking about the same thing that was implimented into novalogic's Joint Operations: Typhoon Rising. There was some very fierce firefights and it would be much more effective than this "musical flags" game I feel like im playing sometimes no longer have my squad and I captured a flag than the previous one is taken back.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6869|Bryan/College Station, TX
Being posting this concept for a while now. Of course I approve of Supply lines. Just another element of UT2004 that needs to be followed.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6863
I am on Board 100 % I hate when some buttweasal spends 25 minutes treking thru woods to cap a Rear Flag
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6867|Missoula, MT
Hmmm...sounds cool.  Who's gonna make the mod? 
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6807

Does anybody know if this feature will be available in the Spec Forces add on?
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6873|"Frisco"

There were quite a few mods that were taking up the calling and making this mode. Mods == No ranked servers though
chickenmuncher
+2|6777| U.S.A.
I'm for it, this is like the "Push" maps in 1942 Desert Combat.
Bubkin
Pay It Forward
+8|6807
Good call on this one! I think this would improve gameplay a bunch. Defenitly force more teamplay and strategy.

Although, I will miss stealthily breaking through enemy lines to capture thier main base.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!

chuyskywalker wrote:

There were quite a few mods that were taking up the calling and making this mode. Mods == No ranked servers though
As long as its a decent mod that is fun to play I'm certain we can all take a break from Ranking from time to time.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6811|Perth, Western Australia
I do like the idea, but I would not like to see it implemented across the board, as some of the better moments in bf2 apart from the street fighting is travelling across the map to stealthily cap the enemies back base. I do think it is a great idea though, as I was a great fan of Unreal Tournament 2004
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
Bringing this thread back to life. "Bzzt Clear, you're good to go!"

Anyone know of a MOD that uses Supply lines?
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6846
i thought there WAS a supply lines mod that came out moths ago.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6739|Purplicious Wisconsin
There is a half-life mod called fire arms that has objectives in certain maps, but unfortunately the old fire arms website is gone but here is the half-life 2 version: http://www.firearms2mod.com/.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
MostHigh
+4|6760|Virgina, USA

Horseman 77 wrote:

I am on Board 100 % I hate when some buttweasal spends 25 minutes treking thru woods to cap a Rear Flag
Horse I thought that was called strategy, but I do see your point. It is much better when you run head long into the fight..ya know kind of like beating your head against a brick wall.  That is definitely the way to win maps.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard