R1Armadillo
+0|6743
I would like to see an alternate crouch control in that you could select a "tabbed" crouch; like prone - push the key stay in crouch, push the key stand back up.

Does anyone else think they would like this?
How do we contact EA/Dice for suggestions? Did some searches, but nothing coming up. Now I haven't dug too deep, but I thought since everyone here is SO FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL that someone might know without me having to waste a whole bunch of time.

Thanks
NaziPredator
+41|6476|Luton -WorstTownInBritain-
I don't think there is such a button unless you can stick your CTRL button into your keyboard so it casn never come out, you could crouch all the time and never stand up again, or you can get a Macro.

¦NooB|3^Clan Help is always Perfect¦

Last edited by NaziPredator (2006-11-01 05:49:49)

R1Armadillo
+0|6743
I KNOW there is no button. I am asking if "people" would like this, agree with me that it should be implemented, how to contact someone to try and get it implemented.

Thanks.
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6538|Singapore
i disagree. its kinda difficult and slow to teabag people like that
i_dun_nV_u
+6|6408
well this is what i got to say, get used to it. my other point is, you can do this already, just modify the key files (don't know where but i'm sure you can, otherwise how do mods come out) so that when you press, it holds. -0-.

hmmm,
staticblue
Vindicator
+28|6747|Houston, TX
You could probably do it with this. I use it to set Maplestory to a PS2 controller. Shut up, my fiance makes me play it.

Joy2Key
[RDH]Warlord
Quakecon Attendee
+17|6670|SLC, Utah, USA
Ahh, toggle crouch eh?  I never liked that about certain games, as it was never used in FPS's until COD.

At least COD allows you to choose between toggle or hold.
Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6773|Internet!
I agree. I want two keys for crouching, one that functions like the current one, and one that's toggle. I usually find myself crouching for short periods of time, just to fire and then run off. But occasionally I have a reason to stay crouched for extended periods of time, and I get really sick of holding the damn button down.
R1Armadillo
+0|6743
COD is what I was thinking of; to have the OPTION to do this. Yes TEABAGGIN would be harder, but I am not concerned about that as I am the one that gets Tbagged DOH

Staticblue thanks for this, but I am using an N52 nostromo not a joy. Unless I am missing something I don't think this is what I am looking for. I would think that the function would have to exist in the game already and you would use that program to map items for joystick usage.
Salgurdar
+6|6401|Melbourne, Australia
I'm with Kanil, and alternative key that toggles crouch would be very handy, I usually crouch for long periods of time when defending a silo or titan console. And I was thinking exactly this today, "A crouch toggle in addition to the momentary crouch would be handy!"
wh1pp1ngboy
+1|6674|Columbia, SC
I us3e left shift as my crouch button.  I can hold it dwon and still move for-pretty-much-ever if I want to.
AoWs-Avantek
+3|6423|New York
That would totaly suck. So no I rather hold down crouch then have problems with it.
Salgurdar
+6|6401|Melbourne, Australia

AoWs-Avantek wrote:

That would totaly suck. So no I rather hold down crouch then have problems with it.
The idea is to have an ALTERNATIVE key, not replace the existing crouch functionality. Reading and comprehension are your friend!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard