Mad Ad
+178|6549|England, UK
From the temple of bf2 geekdom I bring you the definitive respawn time list.  Why did I bother? Well I saw a post a while back claiming all respawn times were 30 and 50 seconds, but that didnt seem right as some things seemed to be quicker (like the bomber on Op Clean) so after timing it and finding it was 25 seconds, I just had to find out what they all really were.

I tested this on all 64 player maps, some 32 and a few 16, I couldnt be bothered to check all the 16s and 32s, the ones I did check were exactly the same as the 64s but if you think you have found one different, feel free to post and Ill check it.

First, most things take 30 seconds, this includes Jeeps, Ribs, IGLAs, TOW, even the Essex gun, I wont bother listing all the 30 second vehicles, needless to say if its NOT listed, then it takes 30 seconds, no matter what it is.  What follows is a list of things that respawn at other intervals.

Dalian Plant
BOTH: Planes: 50s

Daqing Oilfields

Dragon Valley

Fushe Pass
BOTH: Transport helos: 20s
USMC: Attack helo: 20s

Gulf of Oman

Kubra Dam

Operation Cleansweep
BOTH: Planes: 25s
BOTH: Attack helo: 15s

Road to Jalalabad
USMC: Dpvs: 23s

Sharqi Peninsula
MEC: Tank: 45s
MEC: Attack helo: 40s

Strike at Karkand
USMC: Tank 20s

Wake Island
BOTH: Helos: 70s
BOTH: Tanks: 70s
USMC: F35: 70s

Zatar Wetlands
Planes: 50s

Mashtuur and Songhua dont appear as everything is 30s.  Time is taken from when the vehicle is first blown, not the carcass blowing up.

Thats it. Not all 30 and 50 after all, infact some unusual differences thrown in there, eg on wake why is the J10 30s but the F35 70s? (now you know why you never get the J10 if you spawn at the far end of the runway).
lxcpikiman
imbad @ bf2
+70|6634|Toronto-Canada
nice finding,i've always wanted to know the exast time the vehicles spawn
+1 for u
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6569|Boston, MA
Nice work man, +1!
_-_911_-_180891
+540|6541|Shanghai, ethnicity=German
Nice one mate thx ... +1 u will get it 2moz cuz i used up my karma amm ..
Shadow893
lel
+75|6731|England
Nice one dude - I will have to remember the wakeisland ones. Thanks dude.

BTW - I did karma you but left of my name, soz.
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6660|Gold coast, Aus.
Good job. Although i knew the mec attack helo time on Sharqi:D. Me and a friend figured it out once and when we got a chopper together, we would run the countdowns on the LCD screen of the G15. and we would always know when the chopper was taking it off and could nail it it was great we would always show up the exact time it was taking off.

Last edited by gene_pool (2006-10-28 09:23:28)

Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6604|England

Requests:

*sticky*

*wiki*
Ryan
+1,230|6882|Alberta, Canada

Nice post! +1
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6629|Your attic
Hmm, nice list, I will be borrowing the idea for 2142.

+1
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6805|UK
If you realy want to check them all just load the maps into the editor then check the objects respawn time, probably a faster way of checking and a correct result for sure.
Rick_O_Shea678
Angry Engy
+95|6792
I was wondering where this list was, or if it had ever been completed.  I remember it being discussed in the summer.

Thx for putting it together.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6666|UK
*wonders if this should be stickied and wikied*
drake666
when Hell is full...
+184|6749|austria
great one thx!!! +1 4 that
https://team-ex.de/imagehosting/daten/1323768139_m98b.png
Usque Ad Finem
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6660|London, England
I'm gonna take the liberty to add all vehicles on all maps using the information you've given, if it's gonna be wiki'd and stiki'd then lets make it easy for the local noob(s).
CarltosCool
+1|6435|Middlesbrough, England
Good list there, vehicle whores will be pleased.
deadawakeing
Ummmmmmmmmmmmm
+145|6520
i like thanks
Simon
basically
+838|6696|UK
Every helo is 30 secs except OP Cleansweap
elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6492|USA

Simon wrote:

No...  wake island isn't 30 seconds.... fushe pass isn't either...
MrE`158
+103|6662

Snake wrote:

Requests:

*sticky*

*wiki*
Seconded (or thirded, or whatever).
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6805|UK

elite.mafia wrote:

Simon wrote:

No...  wake island isn't 30 seconds.... fushe pass isn't either...
Stop arguing and just get the editor load the map double click the spawn point and it has its defined spawn time!!! ITS NOT HARD FOR GODS SAKE!
Mad Ad
+178|6549|England, UK
Im glad you guys find it useful, wasnt sure what to expect as its a bit obscure tbh, however knowing things like 70s for the wake helos means you can wait well off the pad and not get artyd until the just the right moment. Or otoh, if you are a commander you can time your arty to conincide with the spawns.

Rick_O_Shea678 wrote:

I was wondering where this list was, or if it had ever been completed.  I remember it being discussed in the summer.

Thx for putting it together.
I had no idea there was anyone making one, I just went on servers with a stopwatch and found out myself.

Mekstizzle wrote:

I'm gonna take the liberty to add all vehicles on all maps using the information you've given, if it's gonna be wiki'd and stiki'd then lets make it easy for the local noob(s).
Feel free to use the info any way you want however on another forum someone has already done a full set of map jpgs with all the vehicles spawns for each side on them. All the respawn times could easily be added as a mouseover but the guy hasnt been about for months and I cba to chase him up.

Vilham wrote:

Stop arguing and just get the editor load the map double click the spawn point and it has its defined spawn time!!! ITS NOT HARD FOR GODS SAKE!
I didnt even think of using a map editor to extract a list- but maybe nor did anyone else as Ive not seen it done, you mean you could have done it and saved me all that time? Wait tho, is it compatable with 1.4?

Anyway its done now, hopefully its all correct but if anyone thinks somethings wrong, check it (most phones or watches have a stopwatch) and let us know plz.
TrinhViet
+6|6444|Germany
good job thx m8 +1
Rick_O_Shea678
Angry Engy
+95|6792
I should know this, but how long does it take for arty to recharge?  And is there any effect if it is smoking gun ie SpecOps only got one C4 on it?

Also, what about bases that contain a vehicle where flag can be turned?  Let's say...Wake Airfield.  When the USA owns it, does the F-18 come back in 30 secs like J10, or is it 70 secs like F-35?  Or Karkand, say the USA turns an MEC base that spawns armor....would that armor spawn at standard 30 secs, or go to 20 secs like the USA tank in its main?
Mad Ad
+178|6549|England, UK
Someone had to ask

After a few rounds of karkand (owwww my eyes bleed, they bleed) finally I got to time the US tank spawning at the MEC factory...30 seconds!

So it seems that the new team in control get stuck with the existing spawn times, even tho the vehicle model that spawns belongs to the opposing team.

If I ever get the chance ill time the F18 on wake but that ones not going to be easy at all- going by the karkand (my eyes!!) finding, itll probably be 30s like the J10s.
JOJOBA
my penis itches
+18|6572|Columbus, OH
+1

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard