Get the ASAP - Because I want the point boost28%28% - 13
Get them when needed2%2% - 1
Get them as they come along55%55% - 25
Get them when I need them to bail me out of a point gap4%4% - 2
Total: 45
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6673|Brisbane, Australia

Me? I am going on a combonation of as the come, as well as saving that point boost

I feel kinda cheap reading up on the requirements, I like that little suprise of Oh! Sweet! Like back in our early BF2 days
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6710
I get them to up and rank, and cause awards are always fun to get, but I get pins a lot unexpectedly.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2006-10-25 04:11:23)

_-_911_-_180891
+540|6520|Shanghai, ethnicity=German
/..\ Get them as they come along /..\

/\
                       ||

Cause I do it like in Battlefield 2, I just play the the rquirmentsI need it and then when I have reached the time, I just go for it and when the day on the field' wasn't a sucsess... then I just do it on another day.. someday they will just come along.
Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6779|Internet!
It is a little cheap being able to just read what's required... but there's plenty of places outside of BFHQ that list the requirements, and I probably would have just read them there anyway. :p

I've been trying to get them ASAP for the extra points, but I've just about gotten all the easy ones, so I'm now mostly just playing instead of point-whoring.
Spiderman696
+12|6663
Why hurry. As the bronze ones are cheap anyway they will come as you play.  And they do not say anything about your gamestyle. So wait for the silver badges.
_-_911_-_180891
+540|6520|Shanghai, ethnicity=German

Spiderman696 wrote:

Why hurry. As the bronze ones are cheap anyway they will come as you play.  And they do not say anything about your gamestyle. So wait for the silver badges.
I agree with ya.. +1
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6809
Until you can see your badges on a decent website and show them off, what's the point?  Right now I'm learning the game and the different classes and their unlocks so I'm getting them as and when they come. 

Later I might start a new soldier and actively pursue badges, when the novelty of the game wears off but that's not for a while.
RedTwizzler
I do it for the lulz.
+124|6554|Chicago

aardfrith wrote:

Until you can see your badges on a decent website and show them off, what's the point?  Right now I'm learning the game and the different classes and their unlocks so I'm getting them as and when they come. 

Later I might start a new soldier and actively pursue badges, when the novelty of the game wears off but that's not for a while.
That's pretty much where I'm going with it. I'll wait for bf2142s to be launched before seriously sitting down to the business of badges.
Gillenator
Evils Bammed Sex Machine
+129|6412|Evilsville
Getting them as they come along I guess.
My first priority is getting first in a round for a change.
i_dun_nV_u
+6|6413
i get them as they come along... as sarrk mentioned, its the surprise that counts .

argh makes me angry! i'm like 30 pts above my next rank but it isn't shifting >_< i wanna try out the voss
.:XDR:.PureFodder
+105|6846
As you get 500 points for a veteran and 1000 for an expert award they're a nice way to rank up and get unlocks. Medals don't appear to give any point though, at least not the infantry combat medal. Most awards though require thew usual 200 hours of this 6000 of that hence you can just forget about them for now until you've gotten these requirements through just playing the game normally.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6640|Little Bentcock
Do pins and ribbons give you bonuses as well?
znozer
Viking fool - Crazy SWE
+162|6562|Sverige (SWE)

Spiderman696 wrote:

Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6779|Internet!
Pins/Ribbons/Badges all give career points. Medals do not, for some reason.

There are several veteran/expert badges that have minimal time requirements (Squad Leader, Knife, Pistol, Explosives...) and are good badges to get, for the extra career points.
Angel.C-sq
+24|6705|Computer Chair
Getting them when they come along, exept for the War College one.

Im getting those 60 Command hours asap while still keeping a 2:1 W/L.

Damn, War college isnt a badge. Sorry.

Last edited by Angel.C-sq (2006-10-25 06:44:11)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard