Wojo97civic
+5|6484
Today I came back from class at noon and installed bf2142 from ea downloader.  Took about 10 minutes, installed the patch, and logged on!   So happy to finally play this game, and i got my first unlock.  jumped on to a couple of servers, my ping was decient like 60-80,  around 2 oclock, my ping was really laggy, like 150-200.  I figured a lot of people were on.  So I stop playing for an hour, hoping it would go back down, then jumped right back on. I logged on and BOOM!  MY PING, HIGH A FUCK!  The menu read all my pings were 600 and above,  So i logged into the lowest server i could find and got in and my ping never went down.  I contacted Ea they said update punkbuster, did that, use this UO Trace,  Ok did everything on there.  basically all it told me was that my ping was fine outside of gaming.  Well THAT IS GOOD TO FUCKING KNOW EA SUPPORT!  then they said to update all my drivers and shit, and they said contact us when you have done all that an if your problem is not fixed contact us.  I called 445 CST, on hold... Holding... nothing, i gave up at 5pm. I gave up for the day.  I am so fucking pissed that even in a new game they have De Jevu of bf2 patch 1.4. Are you fucking kidding me! I plan on calling EA again and not hangin up until this problem is solved i have enough rollover minutes to hold me the whole time the customer service center is open, i wont hang up that phone until this problem is solve. (sorry just venting very angry i cant even play a fucking NEW game)

P.S. I had that Punkbuster Problem too where you get kicked constantly.  (Another Fucking Bullshit problem i have to deal with) 

So far what i have done if anyone has any ideas:
Ran Win- something - that returns all your registry keys to how windows wants them
Installed bf2 with the 1.3 patch, maybe it would help with the ping, (that was the last time i saw a low ping)
Disabled windows's firewall, and antivirus software
uninstalled all anti virus software
Did the High ping fixer i found on battlefield 2 mesageboard
formatted my hard drive, and ONLY installed ea downloader and bf2142
Currently Right now im installing windows xp home with sp1 on it, and maybe somethign will help it.

If anyone has any suggestions PLEASE HELP ME!
durkamoz
+5|6722
My first day was 101 kills and 4 unlocks.

yeahhhh yuh
=MCHD= arush5268d
+46|6535|Houston, TX
Wow.  That sucks, I feel your pain.  Well...aside from the fact that you are playing 2142...you will get no sympathy from me there.

Buuuuut, are you having a low ping with BF2 as well, or just 2142?
Wojo97civic
+5|6484
i have low ping with bf2 when i have 1.3 patch installed, i have high ping constantly right now with bf2142
ilyandor
+31|6722|Phoenix, AZ
FIX: uninstall 2142, and play BF2.
Wojo97civic
+5|6484

ilyandor wrote:

Well if Ea cant fix it tomorrow, im going to ask them for a refund since they 1) are putting in game ads, and 2) since i cant even play the fucking game
Wojo97civic
+5|6484
Here is what i have to deal with

https://img170.imageshack.us/img170/9246/pingci9.th.png

https://img225.imageshack.us/img225/9141/ping2ec0.th.png
=MCHD= arush5268d
+46|6535|Houston, TX

ilyandor wrote:

And get a refund.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6808|Noizyland

The release of BF2142 is one of the most botched things I have ever seen. The array of different bugs is intence and they've already released a patch - unprecedented as I understand. To anyone who wants 2142, I say wait until thns has been sorted out before diving in there.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6689|Brisbane, Australia

ilyandor wrote:

Heres a fix for you

1. Obtain Lead Based Paint
2. Consume Contents
4. Profit

[shamelessplug]Ill gladly accept any 2142 Keys Heck, Ill even swap you SF for it![/shamelessplug]
tino275
+14|6646
Seriously,  Their are some major issues with this game. It is EZ to get pissed.  WHY is is so difficult to get these things right? I'm pretty new to PC gamming. I never had any of these problems with a Counsul game (xbox, PS2, Nintendo).  What they need to do is develop a better Installer. that will check and fix all the issues on your PC before you play. Instead we have to uninstall, reinstall, update, restart 10 times defrag, disassemble and reassemble your PC, Cross your fingers, go to church and pray. All this should not be necessary. 

One questions:  DO Mac's have these problems too?  If not I am Defenetly going to buy a Mac next.
straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6568|Edmonton Alberta

tino275 wrote:

I'm pretty new to PC gamming. I never had any of these problems with a Counsul game (xbox, PS2, Nintendo).
for one all ps2's are the same all xbox's are the same

now everybody has different components and different shit on their harddrives so not all pc's are the same so games run differently on all computers....thats why people have problems...and every single game/program/application has bugs in it just something you have to deal with in pc gaming

and im not sure but i dont think pc games work on mac computers.... and make sure you excede the minimum reqs by a hell of alot nobody wants to play any game at 10 frames per second

Last edited by straz_mataz (2006-10-19 06:48:17)

straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6568|Edmonton Alberta
edit:double posted

Last edited by straz_mataz (2006-10-19 06:47:44)

Jenkinsbball
Banned
+149|6581|USA bitches!
You called EA because your ping was high? Get a life. EA isn't responsible for your shitty internet.
InfectiousShadow
BF2S Resident Bass Player
+45|6465|Washington State, USA

durkamoz wrote:

My first day was 101 kills and 4 unlocks.

yeahhhh yuh
that was how my first round went
mavrick 3399
EA GAMES PATCH EVERYTHING
+102|6575|Doncaster UK

Jenkinsbball wrote:

You called EA because your ping was high? Get a life. EA isn't responsible for your shitty internet.
lol
bEAv3D
+24|6727|Fayettenam, NC USA

Wojo97civic wrote:

Well if Ea cant fix it tomorrow, im going to ask them for a refund since they 1) are putting in game ads, and 2) since i cant even play the fucking game
good luck with that...

Last edited by bEAv3D (2006-10-19 06:58:41)

InfectiousShadow
BF2S Resident Bass Player
+45|6465|Washington State, USA

Wojo97civic wrote:

ilyandor wrote:

yeah right...in your dreams...they probably spent it on beer and hookers
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6501
Never got a ping higher than 150 on BF2142 beta2, demo and retail. unless I was DLing something.
Wojo97civic
+5|6484

Jenkinsbball wrote:

ok then why with the 1.3 patch my ping was 20 - 40?

And When i Play CS:S my ping is Perfect?

Last edited by Wojo97civic (2006-10-19 10:26:48)

Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6726
may i ask how u got the ping to show numbers and not either green, yellow, or red bars?
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6478|The Land of Scott Walker

Superior Mind wrote:

may i ask how u got the ping to show numbers and not either green, yellow, or red bars?
Click on advanced tab at the top.  Quick tab has colored bars.
T0rr3nt
+54|6610|Michigan
wow thats real shitty
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6478|The Land of Scott Walker

straz_mataz wrote:

tino275 wrote:

I'm pretty new to PC gamming. I never had any of these problems with a Counsul game (xbox, PS2, Nintendo).
for one all ps2's are the same all xbox's are the same

now everybody has different components and different shit on their harddrives so not all pc's are the same so games run differently on all computers....thats why people have problems...and every single game/program/application has bugs in it just something you have to deal with in pc gaming

and im not sure but i dont think pc games work on mac computers.... and make sure you excede the minimum reqs by a hell of alot nobody wants to play any game at 10 frames per second
Exactly.  No good games for Mac, therefore Macs are worthless for gaming.
Wojo97civic
+5|6484
UPDATE: Contacted EA, did everything i could think of, turns out that ea could not come to an explanation on this matter,  So i told them to give me my money back, they told me this, " We can not issue a refund, due to you agreeing to the terms and conditions which say you cant have a refund once purchased." I immediately asked for a supervisor, told them what is going on an how i cant even play the game, he told me thats fine. So looks like its back to BF2.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard