PFCStenzel
Check your AA alarm...
+82|6839|Idaho, USA / Age 30
Hey guys...I need to know if anyone else has this card and have problems that I am having.

MSI RADEON X1600 Pro 256MB DDR2 PCI Express x16 Video Card

Is the video card and I can play about two to three rounds and then game crashes out or during the game I get black squares when zoomed in and sometimes the weapons are all black. 

I have the newest Catalyst Drivers, I have even turned down the graphics to Medium.    Funny thing also is that when I play the 2142 Demo after about 5 minutes with the settings cracked to medium it crashes the game.

Anyone else having the same problems with this video card?
Ryan
+1,230|6888|Alberta, Canada

I have a 9200 and I don't crash at all. It's funny cuz everyone with good cards are complaining about them...

But I'm getting a 7900GT... oh well lol.
PFCStenzel
Check your AA alarm...
Well, It runs all my other games just fine.  I need to know if there is anyone out there with this same card have the same problems.....
RifledZen
+1|6453
I have a sapphire x1600 256 card and if I use ATI's catalyst drivers I get some funky stuff going on while in BF2 but plays fine with everything else.  When I zoom in weapons all I see is black.  The only fix I found was to use Omega drivers and not the ones from ATI.  The omega drivers run and look great and I have no problems whatsoever.

A friend of mine has an x1600 as well and he cant use the ATI drivers either.  Just remembered he has the same problems and also uses the omega drivers.  Just google omega drivers for ATI and you should be able to find the website.

Last edited by RifledZen (2006-10-16 15:53:37)

PFCStenzel
Check your AA alarm...
Nice, Thanks man....Will do..Those are some of the same things that I have problems with.   Sweet I will do that when I get home from work.   Thanks a bunch.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by PFCStenzel (2006-10-16 16:00:32)

<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6747|New York
Bingo, Its the ATI drivers and that Piece of crap they call CCC. The Omegas still use the old style control panel and they also include the latest ATI Tray tool. Great drivers.
GR34
+215|6590|ALBERTA> CANADA
I have the same card but pro and 512MB and it never crashes maby its getting 2 hot or the fucking CCC get omega drivers thay rock. I think there is like dna or dma drivers to that are supposidly good 2.

Last edited by GR34 (2006-10-16 18:11:19)

HITNRUNXX
+220|6755|Oklahoma City
The two primary causes of the problems you mentioned are 1) Drivers and 2) Overheating. You might make sure your computer is staying cool, and no fans are out, etc... If you play a few rounds just fine first, it may be a heat problem.
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6747|New York
Also, For some strange reason The X1xxx series of cards Fans dont run at good speeds. They are set to run at low speeds and will go faster as temp goes up. BUT the problem is, ATI has it set so low that you have to reach 60c for the fan to run at 30%. If you get the Omega drivers, Make sure you install the ATI Tray Tools App. In the app right click the Icon in the system tray,(make sure you make the driver not show the ATI Control panel Icon in the tray) Then while right clicking the ATI Tray Tools icon, SELCECT HArdware, then hit overclocking Settings. Go down to profiles and hit save as and just name it GAMES. and hit apply. Then above that hit the check box to load the profile at startup. Now (if the windo closes, go back to hardware, then overclocking settings, then on top hit the fans tab. CHECK the Include in profile box. Leave the automatic setting checked. Now set your fan settings on the right. I set my first 2 at 50% then 50% and then on up till last 3 are 100%. At the bottom his save as and select your games profile and overwrite it. Then check the Load profile at startup box in this window also. Hit Apply. Now, at bootup, your fan on your card will now run at 50% and will change alot more during temp changes.

Nice little program eah. Also remember, Make all your card changes from ATI tray tools, NOT the control panel, because sometimes the changes made in control panel wont reflect in the tray tools settings .

Hope this helps.
theknuck
It's pronounced Knuck, like in Knuckle!!
+45|6657|balls
i got sapphire 1600pro as well.  default fan speed was 26% and would only get up to 39% if the temp remained under 70c.  i searched and found a thread talking about what fan speeds people use.  i cranked my fan speed up to 90% all of the time and havent reached over 60c after bf2 hours.  i've also never had and problems with ati drivers.  must be a select few manufactures who do.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard