[Ahazi] Kaika
The Suicidal Soldier
+3|6804
I am a proud owner of the shiny expert knife badge, once one of the most coveted awards in BF2, perhaps in gaming as a whole, and I got it the HARD WAY.  Yes, I got myself 100 knife kills, and then got myself 18 in one round.  And I take a break from BF2 for a while and I come back and what do I find, but that EA removed the IAR requirement for this badge.  Now, you can just chink your way up the ladder, one lucky kill at a time.

Is it just me, or are other expert knife badge holders, who got theirs before this change, pissed off and feeling cheated?
sgt.sonner
the electric eel has got me by the brain banana
+146|6576|Denmizzark!!
Why cant you just be happy that you got it the hard way?

Everyone can tell as the date you got it was prior to patch 1.3..

I got mine after, but I think I might have had rounds with 18 knife kills anyway..

Last edited by sgt.sonner (2006-10-11 02:16:56)

^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6781|The Hague, Netherlands

I just look at the date....when they got it, like Sonner said
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
Jestar
Shifty's Home Number: 02 9662 8432
+373|6784

EA has removed all pride that I had for this badge, and the explosives badge.

I did things the HARD way, I shanked 18 people, in a round, and I felt like I could say I had accomplished somehting good. Now, this is gone.

EVERYONE has it, there is no skill, no dedication to these badges any more.
Fucking EA and their patches, they ruined another aspect of this game.
sgt.sonner
the electric eel has got me by the brain banana
+146|6576|Denmizzark!!

Jestar12345 wrote:

I did things the HARD way, I shanked 18 people, in a round, and I felt like I could say I had accomplished somehting good. Now, this is gone.

I must say that I think the Exp explosives badge can still be quite tricky.. unless of course you just spam clays, which I didnt I might add. C4 ambush ftw..
po_pwide
+0|6596|UK
Getting badges and medals is a personal thing anyway, you are the only one around when you get them so enjoy and be proud of what you did.
I got my badge after the change but I still appreciate how tuff it must have been for those who did it before EA made the change.

Po
Marinejuana
local
+415|6628|Seattle
nope. because it was easy to get even when there was a req.

I think there should still be some insanely hard badges to get. How about badges for no deaths. Like 50 kills and no deaths. I wouldn't have it yet, but it would be worth a badge.

sgt.sonner wrote:

C4 ambush ftw..
C4 RUSH for the win--they will always feel dumb!

Last edited by Marinejuana (2006-10-11 02:29:09)

~Smokey~
Steve Irwin Reincarnate
+396|6580|Internetfitlerland

Blame the whiney bitches

I got mine after the patch, and know how you must feel to have taken a long time to make 18 kills IAR with the damned thing, when now people earn it left and right.
[Ahazi] Kaika
The Suicidal Soldier
+3|6804

sgt.sonner wrote:

Jestar12345 wrote:

I must say that I think the Exp explosives badge can still be quite tricky.. unless of course you just spam clays, which I didnt I might add. C4 ambush ftw..
Explosive is still tricky, that I will grant, but changing the IAR requirement from 37 to 30 makes a ton of difference.  I went through many, many rounds of 35 kills, or 32 kills, and several with 36.

At any rate, yes people can look at the date, but seriously now.  There's a freakin userbar for expert knife!  This isn't something just any shmuck should be able to get!  In finality, amen to what Jestar said.

Last edited by [Ahazi] Kaika (2006-10-11 02:35:04)

TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6663|Mhz

Couldn't really care less. At the end of the day it's a mid-low res picture of a badge that isn't real.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6779

Do we care? No, and it has been changed since 1.3, howmany months ago was that?

/Close

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard