IRONCHEF
+385|6523|Northern California
Yes, one who claims to have been in service of his country but has not.  There was someone calling bullshit on several of the people claiming to be marines (since nobody pretends to be in other branches) and I remember seeing seven talking it up like he was, but also seeing other posts of his that highly fingers him as being some 17 year old kid.
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.
+231|6741|Wilmington, DE, US

IRONCHEF wrote:

Yes, one who claims to have been in service of his country but has not.  There was someone calling bullshit on several of the people claiming to be marines (since nobody pretends to be in other branches) and I remember seeing seven talking it up like he was, but also seeing other posts of his that highly fingers him as being some 17 year old kid.
Devildriver pretends to be the Air Force version of Rambo.
IRONCHEF
yep, devil is one too.  i think there's more.  it's soo cool to find them because you'll see them posting like clowns using language and ignorance that shows they dont' know military life, but then they'll get all serious and talk about nam like it was a solemn, horrifying event etched in their memories.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6794

Never seen any of those discussions, would be funny though.
SoC./Omega
+122|6573|Omaha, Nebraska!

IRONCHEF wrote:

S3v3N wrote:

I'm not going to share any of my combat experiences here for a few reasons;

1. You just don't need to fucking know.
2. I only remember looking through my crosshairs and squeezing the trigger.
3. Simply because I don't want to have questions about, "Did their head explode? etc"

I went through it a few times, I'm not going to sit at my desk and recall this shit for people to get all excited about or pissed off about.
Haha, yeah, that's right.  You're one of the pretend-marines on the forums.  I forgot! lol

How old are you by the way?
what the hell man? you should be thanking him for his service not bashing him.
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6610|Florida
Never seen any of them either.  Maybe I should claim to have fought in nam.....considering it happened about 15 years before I was born.
silo1180
The Farewell Tour
+79|6454|San Antonio, TX

Phantom2828 wrote:

silo1180 wrote:

The only time in my life I have actually been at gun point...

When I was stationed in Japan we rotated burn duty for destruction of classified material.  Huge incenerator.  We had fire gear, full body suits and helmet w/ visor.  The guy I was working with that night decided he didn't need to put on the helmet w/ visor to stir the inside.  He's got his whole upper body in there stirring the ashes, when he declares, "This stuff really stinks."  I could smell it too... nothing quite like the aroma of burning hair and flesh.  I grab him and pull him out of it and see that his hair is on fire.  I bust out of the outer doors dragging him behind me and threw him down into the snow.

There I am at 2AM in the morning beating this guy's head into the ground.  One of our Security Police patrols saw me bust out and bash this guys head in the ground.  SP runs over orders me to stop and looks down his rifle at me.  I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO      MYSELF.

I tell the SP what happened, and told him I think someone needs to call a medic.  So he let me get up.  The EMTs got there and declared this guys burns were life threatening because he actually toasted his eyes.

Dude got flown out that night to Hawaii for burn treatments.  He was kicked out shortly after that.
Is the guy ok
I never saw or heard from the guy again.  There was a short dispute about whether I did more harm than good by ramming his head into the snow (you know hot, hot, hot to cold isn't really good for already raw nerves).  I got a stern talking to about it, but in the end they felt that my actions were basically in his best interest.
IRONCHEF

SoC./Omega wrote:

IRONCHEF wrote:

S3v3N wrote:

3. Simply because I don't want to have questions about, "Did their head explode? etc"

I went through it a few times, I'm not going to sit at my desk and recall this shit for people to get all excited about or pissed off about.
Haha, yeah, that's right.  You're one of the pretend-marines on the forums.  I forgot! lol

what the hell man? you should be thanking him for his service not bashing him.
True. 

Seven,
Thanks man for being a 1337 uber-skilled marine-sniper (no doubt!) who's stoney resolve and courage are worshipped by all the armed forces of this country.  Thanks for your service.... lol
CITYHUNT3R
+15|6500|Winnipeg
"I was thinking of joining the army, I mean, it's just like RL except better graphics. But then I thought, what if I get lag out there? I'm dead! I even heard there aren't any respawn points in RL!" - FPS Doug, www.purepwnage.com
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.
+231|6741|Wilmington, DE, US
I knew this guy who was a total douchebag, he joined the marines, never left the states. He did everything in his power to stay. Hell I don't know why I saw him around all the time even after he join. He's done his 4 years now and acts like he's some hardass. What a douche.
IRONCHEF
Yep, lots of those guys.  It's usually the ones who sucked at their jobs and didn't see combat or experience any real growth during their contract that often pull that hard-ass shit like they're bad or something cuz they can sing cadence.

A friend I have named Robert was a UDT and he was deployed in the persian gulf in '91.  I saw my first carcass photos from him unfortunately.  But anyways, he's the kind of guy who's the opposite of the "typical marine badass" that brags about "unit, core, god and country" and being able to kill you in 6 seconds.  He's not very strong looking, somewhat skinny and humble in appearance, but when he was at the vallejo fairgrounds with my brother (a biker) at a biker event and when my brother got jumped by 4 guys, it was my friend bob who laid out those 4 attackers in about as many seconds.  Being bikers, those 4 guys eventually befriended my brother and got over their dispute and they all mentioned to him the serious asswhooping his skinny friend gave them and wanted to know if he (bob) was mad at them still.  lol

Yeah, the real toughasses are out there, but you'd never know it until you see them react.

Last edited by IRONCHEF (2006-10-10 16:07:39)

S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6550|Montucky

IRONCHEF wrote:

S3v3N wrote:

26 in Jan.

And I never claimed to be some uber 1337 Scout Sniper sneaking around in the bush with a burlap ghillie suit while stalking some 4 star general and using my uber 1337 M40a3.. No No. I was a Designated Marksman using my not so uber 1337 M14-DMR Circa 1980s, with a glassbed stock and a Leupold Variant Scope. I spent alot of time following behind an RCT (you should know what that is IronChef) squad.  I could go on and on but I feel its a waste of my time. I could send you my DD214, a set of old cammies, dog tags, take a picture of me standing infront of my truck (still has the DoD Sticker and Rank Sticker on it) with my Dress Blues and yadda yadda yadda.. but I really don't give a flying pigs ass what you think or what you think you know.

Funny how my old man served in Vietnam and still doesn't talk about it, sort of the same concept if you ask me.

IRONCHEF wrote:

Yeah I do remember a post like that, infact ATG called me on it, then I figured since i'm debating with the "Tough Guys" i'd better use spell check, apply proper Grammar and proof read my post before flying off that handle and going insane on my keyboard when a topic, "hits alittle too close to home and such."

But since you are so wise in the ways of the world and the BF2S Forums

Intranets, its serious business.

Last edited by S3v3N (2006-10-10 19:56:16)

GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6676
ironchef is trying to tell ME about OIF II and Muqtada Al-Sadr...LOL
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6600|Mountains of NC

I remember being stuck out range 400 during steel nights at 29 Palms CA ( hour north of Palm Springs) and around 20:00 it started snowing, I spent little over a year at that base and I got to see hell freeze over in the desert
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
UNDIESRULES
+4|6713
I was on Op Telic6 last year, and we were on a clearance op in Basra.  There were about 20 huys on foot with light wheeled vehicles and 3 Challenger 2 tanks.
I was commanding the 3rd tank and it was about 2 in the morning, we were at the edge of the main road with our turret traversed to the North at 90 degrees to the hull.  We could see Basra Gate from where we were sat and it was pretty boring so we were listening to music over the tanks' intercom, whilst sitting in my seat smoking.  One of the guys came running over to me waving his arms it turned out to be one of the officers we had with us) shouting at me.
I couldnt hear him so i took off my headset and asked what the problem was.
He said id been shot at by a man with an AK47 about 50 yards away and that i should keep my head down.
Quick to take the hint i got back inside the tank so i didnt get shot at any more, promptly closed the hatch and had a good look round.
I saw the guy running away, and sure enough he was carrying a rifle.  Under the real ROE you cant shoot a man who isnt posing a direct threat so i couldnt shhot him , we had him arrested.
Phantom2828
+51|6560|Land of the free

UNDIESRULES wrote:

I was on Op Telic6 last year, and we were on a clearance op in Basra.  There were about 20 huys on foot with light wheeled vehicles and 3 Challenger 2 tanks.
I was commanding the 3rd tank and it was about 2 in the morning, we were at the edge of the main road with our turret traversed to the North at 90 degrees to the hull.  We could see Basra Gate from where we were sat and it was pretty boring so we were listening to music over the tanks' intercom, whilst sitting in my seat smoking.  One of the guys came running over to me waving his arms it turned out to be one of the officers we had with us) shouting at me.
I couldnt hear him so i took off my headset and asked what the problem was.
He said id been shot at by a man with an AK47 about 50 yards away and that i should keep my head down.
Quick to take the hint i got back inside the tank so i didnt get shot at any more, promptly closed the hatch and had a good look round.
I saw the guy running away, and sure enough he was carrying a rifle.  Under the real ROE you cant shoot a man who isnt posing a direct threat so i couldnt shhot him , we had him arrested.
That ROE is bullshit he could have turned around quick and shot somone on foot. I think he should have been taken out if he wouldnt have been able to be arrested.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6676
heres a good one:

it was like month two.  my platoon and i had QRF (quick reaction force).  it was 24 hour shift and we were gonna get off sometime after midnight.  well we got called multiple times that day for the usual QRF duties. what a shitty eventfull tiring shift in the middle of may. so, anyways when were not out doing QRF stuff like, which is pretty much the 911 of any patrol going out on patrol or convoy. if they get ambushed QRF has to go and assist.  If there is a KIA, its usually QRF who has to recover.  QRF is the first unit of action that has to secure whatever grid or location thats given on the comm  QRF is a platoon or company or whatever that is designated to be on full alert, combat load ,full battle rattle ready vehicles running ready to react at a moments notice.  a platoon will usually be on QRF for a period of 24 hours, but, mission always dictates.  ok, so we got replaced by the nasty girls (national guard...jokes) and the platoon starts hooking it back to the trailers for some time off duty.  Not me or my room mate.  QRF was laying over at the battalion TOC and detainee room when there not outside the wire.  at this particular time the guys that we had recently replace , 1st armored division out of germany,left a bunch of nice electronics and furniture.  TV's and AC's and what not.  my room mate and I had just bought a shitty little 13 incher from the PX and we definately wanted something bigger.  we spotted this fat ass 32 incher that we both knew we had to get.  trouble was it wasnt ours, it was HQ's and they had a guard on it like any military unit will have.  we figured by the time we get off QRF we'll sneak around back and try to yank that TV before anyone notices it.  well it was around 2 am by the time we came back to see the fucker sleeping at his post.  no guard, perfect.  we grabbed the TV and then realized how heavy the bitch was.  but fuck it.  it took us an hour and a half to go a little less than a mile from the QRF building to our trailers in the pitch black moonless night on uncertain terrain with packs of wild rabid dogs running around the FOB ( it was a huge FOB) all the way tiptoing this sucker inch by inch and dropping it every 10 feet because of the weight and the awkwardness of our arms carrying it.  when a pack of dogs would come close by, we would have drop the TV and throw rocks at the shithead.  and this entire time if a humvee or any vehicle were to have spotted us with their bright lights...well, the jig would have been up.  what could have possibly been the explanation.  the make long story shorter we had a free 32 inch TV for almost the entire year in Iraq and sold it to the guys who replaced our task force for cool 100 bucks each. good times

man, Iraq was fun

this is probably one of those "You had to have been there..." deals

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2006-10-11 18:20:57)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard