Mad Ad
+178|6481|England, UK
Hi again everyone, discovered something else that might be useful to some of you- your very own spotted key (or joy button, controller ect- as long as its a proper key that bf2 recognises).

Some already know we can bind 2 different things to a single key, anyone thats read the 26 page 'anatomy of controls.con' thread on planetbattlefield knows that is old news however i've found you can bind your ok button to the same key as your radio button and it works as a spotted button.  Theres no macros involved, no hacks, nothing naughty at all - just 2 keys bound to the same button.  Wanna know how? Read on.

There are a few ways of doing this, those of you that know your controls.con file backwards can just type in the lines with the right keys, however I'm going to describe it in a way that (hopefully) you all can follow simply.

1) Do not open your controls.con file yet.  Fire up bf2 and click thru to the options/controls page.
2) On the main page, set the key you want to make your button as your SECONDARY Main Radio key. Save and totally quit bf2.
3) Open the controls.con file linked with your username (with notepad) and use search to find the 2 lines with c_GIRadioComm in them.
4) Highlight the whole of the second line ONLY and press copy.
5) Open the search again and this time search for the line with c_GIOk in it, theres usually only one.
6) Immediately below the c_GIOk line, make a space and paste in the line you copied from step 4.
7) Lastly, In that line you just pasted in, find the word c_GIRadioComm and change that to read c_GIOk instead.
8) Save. Done, fire up and go test it!!

See, that was easy wasnt it?

Notes:
BACK UP YOUR CONTROLS.CON FILE before editing.  If you stuff something up at least you can copy it back and try again.
#2. You must have a different key set for your primary Main Radio (duh).  If you say you have no key set then why not?!! You need it to tell your team stuff.
#3. Controls.con is in My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\000n, with n being the number of your main profile.  If your not sure what number to use, open up profile.con and check that it has the correct name you game with.
#5. Having 2 lines with c_GIOk would be strange but if you have set something, youll have to paste over the second line if you still want to go ahead.

I think thats about it- as I said you can set it up a few ways, its just 2 keys bound to the same key, however I hope ive explained how anyone can have one.  If someones posted this before im sorry, but ive not see it in the search anywhere.

Enjoy Spotting!
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686
Plz... there is enough "Enemy boat spotted" messages in this game...
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Mad Ad
+178|6481|England, UK
lol - well thanfully im not responsible for where anyone points it, plus if you spam any voice command from the rose too much you are very quickly blocked, I cant see the harm?
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6667|Germany
Great,very useful! +1 Karma
Ducksteina
Choleric groundpounder
+42|6515
Much thanks! Very useful! +1
Ubersturmbannfuhrer
I am a fucking homosexual
+211|6576|Parainen, Finland
Yes, there is never enough guys spotting out targets when your flying or heloing.
(EXCEPT THAT FUCKING ANNOYING EXTRA-LOUD HIGH ON ACID MEC COMMANDER)

I´m gonna use your spotting thingy and for that, +1 to you, my friend!!!
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6619
or u can just do it the normal way which isnt tht much hassle
explosivo
Banned
+262|6613
i couldn't be arsed reading it all

i only usually spot jets anyway to help our pilots.
tupla_s
+455|6562|Finland
This could be more useful

Binding parachute to space
1. Go to bf2 and bind secondary key for parachute (Y for example)
2. Now you have these two lines in the con file

ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIWeaponSelect9 IDFKeyboard IDKey_9 10000 0
ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIWeaponSelect9 IDFKeyboard IDKey_Y 10000 1

3. replace the bottom one with this

ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIWeaponSelect9 IDFKeyboard IDKey_Space 10000 1
Now you can jump and open your parachute from the same button, no need for finding the 9 key anymore

Last edited by tupla_s (2006-10-01 12:02:32)

{B-T}<babacanosh>
+31|6572
Whowhat!
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6667|Germany

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

or u can just do it the normal way which isnt tht much hassle
It is much hassle when you are in a jet or helo and don't use the mouse for flying.
For this task(spotting in a jet/helo) this little tweak is perfect.
And it's also quite useful when on foot,you can spot a littlebit faster - hence you can move back into cover faster.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6779|Marathon, Florida Keys
pressing q isnt that hard
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Sone
i piss excellence
+22|6494|Houston (Spring), TX
pressing q while flying with my joystick is kind of hard, so this would be a good deal for me.. thx man +1
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6722|Toronto, ON
Damn it.  This was one of my secrets I didn't want anyone to know (I made a thread about this like half a year ago).

(Hope no one figures out the TV missile click spamming, it's sort of the same as this...)

Last edited by Nyte (2006-10-01 18:37:55)

Alpha as fuck.
Ph1L
+25|6487|Denmark
However, it doesn't work. I did what you said, and now I can't select a spawnpoint.

Wtf? And 'Q' doesn't work anymore... Hmm?
Mad Ad
+178|6481|England, UK
sounds like you messed something up, I've had many people telling me it worked so it must be something you didnt follow fully.  At a guess you have mixed up something to do with the c_GIOk part, thats what triggers the Q....I hope you pasted in after your existing c_GIOk line and not over it?

of course you DID back up your controls.con first didnt you?
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6597|Warlord

Ph1L wrote:

However, it doesn't work. I did what you said, and now I can't select a spawnpoint.

Wtf? And 'Q' doesn't work anymore... Hmm?
Worked fine for me.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6602|Finland

Ubersturmbannfuhrer wrote:

(EXCEPT THAT FUCKING ANNOYING EXTRA-LOUD HIGH ON ACID MEC COMMANDER)
IMO it should be worth at least one team point to TK a "Chammami Ma Chummiilaabaa Achtanttung Hayyiaaa!" -spamming fucker.
I need around tree fiddy.
GbeTech
+9|6467
Thanks! works
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6612|Burmecia, Land of the Rain
/me binds this to middle click.
/me applies for MEC commander on Karkand/Jalalabad
/me middleclicks like there's no tomorrow.
Kanye North
randy
+80|6435

spawnofthemist wrote:

/me binds this to middle click.
/me applies for MEC commander on Karkand/Jalalabad
/me middleclicks like there's no tomorrow.
rofl +1
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6489|Adelaide, South Australia

tupla_s wrote:

This could be more useful

Binding parachute to space
1. Go to bf2 and bind secondary key for parachute (Y for example)
2. Now you have these two lines in the con file

ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIWeaponSelect9 IDFKeyboard IDKey_9 10000 0
ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIWeaponSelect9 IDFKeyboard IDKey_Y 10000 1

3. replace the bottom one with this

ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIWeaponSelect9 IDFKeyboard IDKey_Space 10000 1
Now you can jump and open your parachute from the same button, no need for finding the 9 key anymore
Win.
Des.Kmal
+917|6588|Atlanta, Georgia, USA

Nyte wrote:

Damn it.  This was one of my secrets I didn't want anyone to know (I made a thread about this like half a year ago).

(Hope no one figures out the TV missile click spamming, it's sort of the same as this...)
you suck at trying to make people want to know the TV missle trick. you suck BAD.

or maybe its all a trick, to make me think you suck, when this is all part of your plan!!

*runs away screaming*

you mean a macro? hotkey?

yes.
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
CarltosCool
+1|6367|Middlesbrough, England
Nice info, if I could give you karma I would... The amount of times I have accidentally shot my gun when trying to say enemy spotted, I nearly TKed someone once doing it.
DestinedTConquer
[sec8] Member
+12|6625|Netherlands
does it also work for battlefield 2142, or similar to this?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard