Poll

Which of these is you favorite support MG?

M2497%7% - 5
Rpk3%3% - 2
Pkm50%50% - 32
Mg3638%38% - 24
Total: 63
R1Armadillo
+0|6743
Pkm for when there are attack choppers making problems, MG36 for the ground troops.   my $.02
Sud
+0|6759
Being successful as support is not only what gun you pick, but even moreso where you park yourself when you start to fight.

You need to place yourself somewhere where you're not long range (range with support is pretty sucky), but not short ranged enough that you're going to be disrupted. Basically any spot where you get a decent medium range viewpoint on enemy troops, where they can't easily see you (and start flinging nades and stuff on you), and where you can't be flanked/attacked on bad angles.

Basically pretend you're a piece of static defense, and start laying down fire.

If you're doing it on Karkand, some good spots are on the ground sighting down an alley (avoid rooftops because people can just walk in and start throwing nades up unless it's a tall building), I had some good success on those rampart sort of things going down the hill from suburb to the train accident - enemies come up the hill and you can lay into them without them even knowing you're there, and you can't be flanked due to out of bounds behind you.

Getting shot as while support sucks because laying prone just increases your chance of getting headshotted a ton. Be good if you paired up with medic though.

Last edited by Sud (2005-12-06 12:20:41)

Lawk
+2|6786

R1Armadillo wrote:

Pkm for when there are attack choppers making problems, MG36 for the ground troops.   my $.02
I agree.

Dang, yeah I should have made the poll specific for ground, excluding helos and transport vehicles.

Oh well, I have shot guys out of the BH with MG36.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard