m0nk73
+0|6563
I just got a new computer.
ASUS P5B Deluxe
Pentium Core2 Duo E6400
2GIG OCZ P6400 Platinum RAM
ATI X1900GT
WD 250G SATA

Everything was installed fresh...  Installed BF2 and v1.0 works fine...I can play online and everything works great, graphics are awesome and gameplay rocks....HOWEVER, when I try to patch up to ANY patch the game starts to load, monitor clicks, goes black (like it always does) but then CTD.... I have tried rebooting, reinstalling, reformatting, redownloading patches, reEVERYTHING but nothing works....Any suggestions???

Some other things I have tried include setting default monitor refresh rates to 800*600*60mhz, patching from 1.0 to 1.3 full then 1.4 increment, 1.0 to 1.4 full, I can't get it to run on anything other than 1.0.
I have tried different BIOSes from 0507 to 0614.  Rolled back drivers to what my ATI x800 Pro in my old system used when it worked fine.  I am at a loss here and cannot figure out what is wrong....This is very frustrating because I want to play....Last resort will be to pick up a 7900GT but I got my ATI for free so I don't want to shell out $350 till I HAVE to...

Any suggestions????

Thanks in advance
Randall ~ m0nk73
TheGiantSE
+14|6493|Sweden
We have the same problem here at home...

It works when no patch is installed.
With 1.4 i crash when geometries are loading.
Both in single player and on line....

Even installed XP again and cleaned out the computer...

A solution would be nice
RichyCizzo
+9|6500|Florida
Try setting BF2 to use one core rather than 2.

You can do so by:
1) Start BF2
2) Alt Tab out
3) Ctrl Alt Del
4) Right click on BF2 and select "CPU affinity"
5) Just make it use one core rather than 2 by deselecting a checkbox.
m0nk73
+0|6563
Tried the one processor thing and doesn't work for me    I am totally lost at what to do other that built another computer with all my old stuff JUST to run BF2....Sounds stupid but I may have to since BF2=CRACK for me.....
IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6759
Make sure you are not running dual monitors(tv or something like that).
Update your sound drivers.

fresh install bf2 vanilla(remove the profiles and anything else left after other install)
then patch 1.4 full
gunnaboy
+26|6740

IBKCKNURASS wrote:

Make sure you are not running dual monitors(tv or something like that).
Update your sound drivers.

fresh install bf2 vanilla(remove the profiles and anything else left after other install)
then patch 1.4 full
I run dual monitors and have no problem with running BF2.
Whenever you download any game patch it is a MUST that you turn off any anti-virus. Not turning this off can affect the download and it may not configure properly. Just make sure you download from a trusted site!!!!

Last edited by gunnaboy (2006-09-13 14:05:21)

m0nk73
+0|6563
Well I fixed the problem, or rather it fixed itself when ,GET THIS, I overclocked my CPU to 3.2ghz.... Weird but it runs perfect now.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard