CommieChipmunk
+488|6604|Portland, OR, USA
Okay so i was looking through my old CD collection hoping to find Janes ATF gold.  The Greatest combat flight sim i ever played, but.. it is MIA so i'm guna go out and buy a better.. newer one and i'm wondering if you guys played any?
Mudguts
+1|6526
For WWII era i'd say Il2 + Forgotten battles + Aces + Pacific fighters expansion packs. You can get em pretty cheap in a bundle now. The add-ons make a big difference.

Apparently Lock On is really good but its too fiddly and complex for me... good for simulator nuts, I liked the old Janes US Navy Fighters though.. heaps of fun. I've lost it too...
CommieChipmunk
+488|6604|Portland, OR, USA
modern btw.
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6756|Sydney, Australia
The best one I've been in is the F/A-18 sim at RAAF Base Williamtown. It the one the RAAF pilots use.

Mcminty.
The_Punisher_1987
Banned
+27|6875
lol i think he means ones that can be played at home

i've been in a jet before. fucking crazy shit. was in new zealand
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6756|Sydney, Australia

The_Punisher_1987 wrote:

lol i think he means ones that can be played at home
But I played it while living on the base (even if it was only for a week).

Mcminty.
DaReJa
BF2s US Server Admin
+257|6661|Los Angeles, California, US.
New As Of I Believe A Few Months Ago - F4AF
Older 1998 But Still Fun - F4.0

Both The Same Except, 1 Newer, 1 Older, Both Fun, Both Good.
Battlelog: DaReJa
MyBFi/BF3i Admin

AKA DanielRJ
GameSurge IRC Network, Support Agent and Staff
Phuzion IRC Network, Support Director and Operator
yuckfou09
hide your terrorists ^,^
+94|6711|Ft. Drum, NY
yeah i got one its called bf2 wake island. Just make sure you chinese when the round starts!

Last edited by yuckfou09 (2006-09-09 22:02:50)

TerrorisT²
Melbourne Shuffler
+214|6660|Gold Coast, Australia

DaReJa wrote:

New As Of I Believe A Few Months Ago - F4AF
Older 1998 But Still Fun - F4.0

Both The Same Except, 1 Newer, 1 Older, Both Fun, Both Good.
I've GOT to get that game. Even legally if I have too.
USAFDude_1988
Will fly for food.
+120|6543|Daytona Beach, FL
IL-2 Forgotten Battles with the Ace Expansion Pack and the Pacific Fighters addition.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6724|Tampa Bay Florida
Can't remember the name, it was Janes, and it was WW2, very poor graphics for the land but the combat was great and it was never really too hard to learn how to fly. 

I remember I bought it in a bundle with some of the Comanche games - those were fun too
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6827

Mudguts wrote:

For WWII era i'd say Il2 + Forgotten battles + Aces + Pacific fighters expansion packs. You can get em pretty cheap in a bundle now. The add-ons make a big difference.

Apparently Lock On is really good but its too fiddly and complex for me... good for simulator nuts, I liked the old Janes US Navy Fighters though.. heaps of fun. I've lost it too...

CommieChipmunk wrote:

modern btw.

USAFDude_1988 wrote:

IL-2 Forgotten Battles with the Ace Expansion Pack and the Pacific Fighters addition.
read what other people post first, lest you make the same mistake as them... ftw.
USAFDude_1988
Will fly for food.
+120|6543|Daytona Beach, FL

aardfrith wrote:

Mudguts wrote:

CommieChipmunk wrote:

modern btw.

USAFDude_1988 wrote:

read what other people post first, lest you make the same mistake as them... ftw.
lmao.. there hasn't been a decent modern combat flight sim in a while.. Lock On is a piece of shit... So I offered some alternatives.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6803|Human Meat Shield
Combat Flight Simulator is the best....period.
PFCStenzel
Check your AA alarm...
+82|6828|Idaho, USA / Age 30
Janes makes the Best.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard