Shadow893
lel
+75|6733|England
I don't know if this has been poseted anywhere else, but I just read on wikipedia, that "This was only the third known Australian fatality from a stingray, with the first in 1945. As of 1996, only seventeen worldwide fatalities had been recorded, and it is believed to be the only fatality from a stingray ever captured on film."

Amazing facts there. I am truly sad that he has left this world by a measly stingray, yet he was doing what he loved best. (I meant trying to help the world understand animals, and not getting killed by them)

R.I.P
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Irwin

Last edited by Shadow893 (2006-09-05 23:05:35)

mavrick 3399
EA GAMES PATCH EVERYTHING
+102|6582|Doncaster UK
its hard to believe that he died from an animal, he gave off the impression that he could not be harmed by any sort of animal.

may he rest in peace,

also a friend at work has told me that they are to show the actual footage on tv, this apperatly was one of his wishes if he was to die while filming, the cameras should keep rolling (not sure if thats true just thought i would let you guys know)
ToiletTrooper
+25|6816|WC
It doesnt do anything to me
SgtSmokem
+9|6503|Hotlanta, GA
A friend of mine had a stingray pierce his foot, he was in shallow water and must have started to step on the thing.  Anyway he told me when he went to the emergency room that the doctors were like "what did you say you stepped on?"  I guess they had to report it to someone and supposively it is very uncommon for a stingray actually pierce someone with the barb..

RIP Oh Crickie One
a fly
+105|6685|The netherlands
it would have been better if he was killed by a more dangerous animal.

he died from a "thing" that hardly anyone knows. me and my brother used to watch his shows when we where little
$teiner
+8|6604|United Kingdom
Nm his post dissapeared, lol.

Last edited by $teiner (2006-09-05 08:08:03)

Sniper85
+4|6489

mnmant wrote:

as my dad says: "That dumbass should of stayed away from animals, he pushed his luck too far."
well no offense but ur dad is the dumbass, steve irwin was the best animal conservationist and animal educationer in the world and for him to die like that sucks. He died doing something he loved and to say he pushed his luck too far is stupid because he was awesome and he got close to them to show us what dangers they possess etc. and with that he has probably saved thousands of lives that you dont even know about. So your dad needs to get his facts straight adn to say something like that about a great man who passed away way to early makes ur dad a jackass.
naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6602|Southampton, UK

When asked about his favourite childhood programmes, Steve Irwin replied "Thunderbirds was great but there will always be a place in my heart for stingray."

Last edited by knightnufer (2006-09-05 08:10:03)

cougar1974
+3|6695|Germany,Lower Saxony

ToiletTrooper wrote:

It doesn't do anything to me
Well, it does something to me ToiletTrooper!!! Actually I'm Schocked.

He had some great Programs running in Discovery Channel and I always enjoyed his kind of humor he brought in I always had a good laugh,and learned something about Australians great Animals.

I find this very sad,....

My Regrets go to his Family his Wife and two Children

Sincerely Cougar

BTW:ToiletTrooper you can put that stupid smiley in your ***!!!!!
SFCCDailey
Banned
+106|6756|USA

cougar1974 wrote:

ToiletTrooper wrote:

It doesn't do anything to me
Well, it does something to me ToiletTrooper!!! Actually I'm Schocked.

He had some great Programs running in Discovery Channel and I always enjoyed his kind of humor he brought in I always had a good laugh,and learned something about Australians great Animals.

I find this very sad,....

My Regrets go to his Family his Wife and two Children

Sincerely Cougar

BTW:ToiletTrooper you can put that stupid smiley in your ***!!!!!
I agree with Cougar 100%
dlbenson1979
Mr. 20,000
+23|6515
God bless him, my he rest in piece. When I first saw him on tv, i remember him standing on one side of a river and there were like 30 crocadiles on the other side. It was a shallow river and he looks into the camera and says, "ooooo, lookie 'ere. Crocs'...'bout 30 of 'em too. Let's get across and take a look at 'em"

The man's love for animals and danger hooked me instantly.
cougar1974

Sniper85 wrote:

mnmant wrote:

as my dad says: "That dumbass should of stayed away from animals, he pushed his luck too far."
well no offense but ur dad is the dumbass, steve irwin was the best animal conservationist and animal educationer in the world and for him to die like that sucks. He died doing something he loved and to say he pushed his luck too far is stupid because he was awesome and he got close to them to show us what dangers they possess etc. and with that he has probably saved thousands of lives that you dont even know about. So your dad needs to get his facts straight adn to say something like that about a great man who passed away way to early makes ur dad a jackass.
HOAAH!!!! your'e so right Sniper85
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6714|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
FFS sort yourselves out.  The guy has died and has a family left behind.  Dont take the piss, nobody finds it funny.  I recieved the Stingray joke on my phone today off my mate, I didnt laugh then and Im not laughing now.  He didnt deserve to die because he worked with animals.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6757
only 3 ppl died of sting ray attack... and steve irwin is one of the unlucky 3 =/
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
chittydog
less busy
+586|6876|Kubra, Damn it!

Sniper85 wrote:

mnmant wrote:

QFT
ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6743
He died on my birthday. 4th September. What a birthday present, I really liked him too.

Poor guy, though I hope they don't kill the stingray because of it. Same as if a person was killed by another animal, I would hate it if they "avenged" the death. It's not right.
cougar1974

dlbenson1979 wrote:

"ooooo, lookie 'ere. Crocs'...'bout 30 of 'em too. Let's get across and take a look at 'em"
Well thought i change my Sig text, just to remember him,....
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6622|SE London

Sniper85 wrote:

mnmant wrote:

Steve Irwin was an absolute legend!

Calling Steve-o a dumbass is stupid, you and your dad are stupid. Steve Irwin was one of the top animal conservationists in the world. What have you and your dad ever done that will be remembered?
[RaWr]-Impsux
Have Guns, Will Travel.
+28|6597

ShowMeTheMonkey wrote:

He died on my birthday. 4th September. What a birthday present, I really liked him too.
The Pope died on my birthday.

may they rest in peace.
Flubbersucker
+0|6745|Arizona

Shadow893 wrote:

Amazing. I am truly sad that he has left this world doing what he loved best.
R.I.P
I wish people would educate themselves. The man did not love getting speared by stingray!
Sniper85
+4|6489
no but he loved being around animals and filming them for people all over the world to watch and be educated. Thats wot people mean by saying he died doing wot he loved best. Maybe u should go back to school and take english class again so you could understand those types of things. Idiot
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6757

Flubbersucker wrote:

Shadow893 wrote:

Amazing. I am truly sad that he has left this world doing what he loved best.
R.I.P
I wish people would educate themselves. The man did not love getting speared by stingray!
go away
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
JG1567JG
+110|6629|United States of America

ShowMeTheMonkey wrote:

Poor guy, though I hope they don't kill the stingray because of it. Same as if a person was killed by another animal, I would hate it if they "avenged" the death. It's not right.
I don't think anything will happen to the stingray.  That isn't how Steve worked.  The people around Steve would never let that happen.  They are the first ones that know it wasn't the stingrays fault.

R.I.P.  Steve Irwin
Flubbersucker
+0|6745|Arizona
Don't get me wrong guys I love the mans' work and I have the utmost respect for him. This is just is an ignorant statement. "What" it means is something totaly diffrent from what most think it does. If you want to honor the man at least do it properly.
bennisboy
+829|6687|Poundland
The stingrays aren't poisonous, they have a bacteria on their tail which is only capable of giving you a  mild infection. It was about a million to one chance of what happened actually occuring

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard