Ryan
+1,230|6889|Alberta, Canada

How do you guys play for hours on end? I can play for about an hour, and then my eyes begin to get sore. No, I don't have my eyes 2 inches from the screen either lol.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6855|Marathon, Florida Keys
no, i have a very nice LCD moniter and it doesnt emit those waves that hurt your eyes. CRT's start making my eyes sore after about a hour.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6753|67.222.138.85
You're jsut a pansy, all the 1337 gamers can stare at CRTs for hours on end without blinking.
Ubersturmbannfuhrer
I am a fucking homosexual
+211|6652|Parainen, Finland

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

You're jsut a pansy, all the 1337 gamers can stare at CRTs for hours on end without blinking.
Amen brother, once dogfighting i stared so hard at the monitor that my contact lenses fell off..
_-_911_-_180891
+540|6548|Shanghai, ethnicity=German
Funny is... When I play at home... for 6 hrs....  I don't but when it's a clan or a LAN party... my eyes are sore after 2 hrs...

*SIGH*
Ryan
+1,230|6889|Alberta, Canada

I have an LCD screen, not a CRT, but it still bothers me.
ilyandor
+31|6734|Phoenix, AZ

ryan_14 wrote:

I have an LCD screen, not a CRT, but it still bothers me.
oh, well, you should play with it turned ON, bro.
once i too stared at a switched off TV and my eyes started to hurt.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6613|NYC / Hamburg

practice my friend is the key to everything pc related. after 11 years of extreme pcing nothing makes my eyes ache anymore, even after 48h of playing on an old crt @ 60 Hz. also having your monitor at a higher refresh rate than 60 Hz helps a lot.
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Lestat<CoN>
Didnt Do it
+9|6750
Yeah you need to look at your refresh rate your eyes will stop picking up the flicker at rates above 75hz (it does flicker but not at a rate for us to see just feel the effects of) i normaly play at rates of 100hz and i go for 6+ hours on the computer playing different games.
aLi3nZ
+138|6553|New Zealand
My eyes never get sore, unless that tv in my sig is displaying white as the refresh rate is low and it makes it flash. The rest of my monitors are on 85hz apart from the 2 LCDs.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6766|California

CRT monitors give you inoperable cancer at the tip of your penis and the back of your eyes.
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6740|San Francisco
Well, I only have one eye, so I can play for twice as long than most people
the_outsider38
Microsoft Poster Child
+83|6740|Vancouver BC Canada
CRTs flicker, even if you cant see it. Ever tried to video tape one? Where as LCDs hold a constant image, thus putting less strain on your eyes. Try turning the brightness down too.
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6685|Montreal, Qc, Canada
do you keep a light on ?
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6673|Warlord
Suck it up junior!

Seriously, some people seem immune to the eyestrain from CRTs, some people get accustomed to it (I'm one of those) and some people can't seem to get used to it... although I think for many of them it's "can't".

Do you use the computer much for things other than gaming? If you do and your eyes don't get sore normally it's the gaming not the screen, in which case you might try changing your refresh rate to a higher setting if it's at 60. If that doesn't help you might just be unlucky.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard