tool03
+5|6569|Japan Owki
Do you consider it "BF ethical" or better yet a fair tactic to be the squad leader and use the BH fly up really high above flags so that squad members can spawn on you and jump to cap the flag?

I ask because I almost never see anyone do this, my guess is because people either 1. don't find the idea of sitting in a BH all round much fun or 2. people are point whores. Only upside to doing this I think is the time you could get for the heli badge and the wining of the round.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6779

tool03 wrote:

Do you consider it "BF ethical" or better yet a fair tactic to be the squad leader and use the BH fly up really high above flags so that squad members can spawn on you and jump to cap the flag?

I ask because I almost never see anyone do this, my guess is because people either 1. don't find the idea of sitting in a BH all round much fun or 2. people are point whores. Only upside to doing this I think is the time you could get for the heli badge and the wining of the round.
Thank you for revealing one of the most non-standard tactics which many - mature - players use for making a quick map win. Now all noobs will do that.
mattajohnstone
+15|6830
this a good tatic and i think used in a lot of bf2 clan matches
but to make it work you need 4-6 members on teamspeak.
Also the driver will get little or no points the whole round, not many people want this.
JohnnySupreme
+23|6537
Its an old tactic.  There are downsides though.  For a start a BH is an easy kill for a lot of jet pilots.  Just getting to your destination can result in death.  Also, as 'mattajohnstone' said, "you need 4-6 members on teamspeak".  Try it with the random public, you'll spend a lot of time hovering and doing nothing.
DaZeD863
+11|6593
its almost cheating.. you wont go out of control like a plane will when you reach the ceiling of the map.. and most pilots wont climb that high to get you for that fact... i think ive done it probably 30-40 times only been shot down once, lol... its most effective to hover over the furthest point from your uncap... only prob is it takes 10-15 minutes before people catch on to what your doing and you get NO points
Spiers.ckz
+10|6570
ive seen the tactis used on Mashtur many times, and the team using it usually won. And as u all know there are no jets or attack helis to bother u

on other maps, not really seen it
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6762|California

i remember mashtuur 1.03, i would set my mouse level ans just climb in the helo for the whole round as a mobile spawn point. at the end of the round it nearly took me 30 seconds to get to the ground
Sn4kestyles
+1|6508
works great on maps like cleansweep, and its hella fun for your teamies to halo in cause havok cap the flag move on and when they die,spawn on you request a new drop zone and halo in again.
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6568|Singapore
any maps with carriers...just take the chopper, fly it to a great height and circle the carrier and rape the carrier
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6695|pimelteror.de
the tactic is good but unpopular, because it takes time, to get up there and getting no points, for just flying around isn´t very attractive... maybe the pilot should be a supporter, so every passenger can pay a point, by throwing his grenades down, before jumping out.
Sn4kestyles
+1|6508

[pt] KEIOS wrote:

the tactic is good but unpopular, because it takes time, to get up there and getting no points, for just flying around isn´t very attractive... maybe the pilot should be a supporter, so every passenger can pay a point, by throwing his grenades down, before jumping out.
they would just blow up half way down, now hi alt c4 dropping, like 4 spec ops and comm as support could be fun,thing is if one pack sticks to the chopper and you dont see it,well then its all over.
ZCor3x
+46|6612|Pennsylvania

Bernadictus wrote:

tool03 wrote:

Thank you for revealing one of the most non-standard tactics which many - mature - players use for making a quick map win. Now all noobs will do that.
They already do.
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6802
As has been said, its kinda sucks sitting up in the sky all the time. With squad hopping, you could change the leader - that wont work any more.

A better way to do it would be to use a two seater jet - the squad spawns as copliots and keep dropping out.
tahadar
Sniper!!
+183|6780|Pakistan/England

Bernadictus wrote:

Now all noobs will do that.
'noobs' arent sophisticated enough to do that. no way in hell any one noob will want to sacrifice a round just staying in the heli for the whole round as squad leader
Marinejuana
local
+415|6627|Seattle
i love that strategy. Ive also been shot down by jets while trying to do it. and shot choppers down that were attempting it. when it works it is possibly the most fun scenario for the infantry.  and yeah, no points for the driver, the support idea is nice though.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6704|USA
Good tatics. I have no issue being the squad leader and flying the BH in circles all round. Doesn't matter to me.
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6695|pimelteror.de

Talon wrote:

A better way to do it would be to use a two seater jet - the squad spawns as copliots and keep dropping out.
thats pretty cool!
dracul
+2|6849
Part of the problem is, its really hard for a noob heli pilot to fly entirely without visual reference outside of hud and map.

keeping a stable hover at 500 can be difficult.
jsnipy
+3,276|6564|...

lol@"Ethical" ... its good tactic organized suads use.
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6739|Germany
Great strategy,also for China on Wake.
If you can make it to the carrier unnoticed you'll have Chinese all over the carrier.
Steal all their equipment and then you can rape the carrier with 2 J-10s and 2 F-35B.
But on public servers mostly not everybody gets the idea and you hover and hover and nothing happens.

Btw,did you guys know that in BF1942 you could capture flags with a plane?
It was just flying a very tight circle over the flag.
Haven't tried that in BF2,but should be very difficult to pull off with these fast jets.
a fly
+105|6686|The netherlands

Mj.Blindfisch wrote:

Great strategy,also for China on Wake.
If you can make it to the carrier unnoticed you'll have Chinese all over the carrier.
Steal all their equipment and then you can rape the carrier with 2 J-10s and 2 F-35B.
But on public servers mostly not everybody gets the idea and you hover and hover and nothing happens.

Btw,did you guys know that in BF1942 you could capture flags with a plane?
It was just flying a very tight circle over the flag.
Haven't tried that in BF2,but should be very difficult to pull off with these fast jets.
in bfv i flew past every flag so the enemy got an attack warning, sometimes even got it neutral with 10 slow fly by's
F_O_Assault
+19|6501|Greenwood, SC

[pt] KEIOS wrote:

maybe the pilot should be a supporter, so every passenger can pay a point, by throwing his grenades down, before jumping out.
Best post in thread.

You have been awarded +1 karma point.
greenhaven
+47|6508
I did this with great success on Mashtuur last night. You rotate the squad leader and it works out pretty well. Pretty fun too.
11sog_raider
a gaurdian of life
+112|6501|behind my rifle
ive been shot down trying to do this 9 time out of 10 on like, gulf of oman, or kubra dam
XISIX
+116|6657

greenhaven wrote:

I did this with great success on Mashtuur last night. You rotate the squad leader and it works out pretty well. Pretty fun too.
Think I was playing against your side last night.  Guys in my side were doing the heli point to point as well.
Good rounds !

Took out chopper few times as Anti-Tank + with mounted guns on jeeps but alright strategy if not hovering too low.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard