BlackPlague
Banned
+16|6552
Let me know if these are good selections from alienware.

[1] Area-51® 7500

Processor: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E6700 2.66GHz 4MB Cache 1066MHz FSB
Operating System (Office software not included): Genuine Microsoft® Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005 with Service Pack 2
Chassis: Alienware® P2 Chassis - Space Black
Chassis Upgrades: Alienware® AlienIce™ 3.0 Video Cooling - Fusion Red
Power Supply: 650 Watt Alienware® Multi-GPU Approved
Motherboard: Alienware® Approved NVIDIA nForce 4 SLI Motherboard
Memory: 2GB DDR2 Performance SDRAM at 800MHz - 2 x 1024MB
System Drive: Single Drive Configuration - 250GB Serial ATA 3Gb/s 7,200 RPM w/ 8MB Cache
Primary CD ROM/DVD ROM: 16x Dual Layer DVD±R/W Drive
Graphics Processor: 512MB NVIDIA® GeForce™ 7900 GTX
Monitor: Alienware Approved 17" 12ms Flat Panel - Black
Sound Card: High Performance 7.1 Audio - Standard
Speakers: Logitech® X-530 5.1 70-Watt Speakers
Keyboard: Alienware® USB Full-Size Keyboard
Mouse: Alienware® Optical 3-Button Mouse with Scroll Wheel
Warranty: 1-Year AlienCare Toll-Free 24/7 Phone Support w/ Onsite Service
Productivity Software: Microsoft® Works 8 Productivity Suite
Removable Storage: 3.5-Inch Floppy Disk Drive
Alienware Extras: AlienInspection - Exclusive Integration and Inspection - $99.99 Value - FREE!
Alienware Extras: AlienWiring - Exclusive Internal Wire Management - $99.99 Value - FREE!
Alienware Extras: Exclusive AlienGUIse Theme Manager

[1] Special Financing Offer; No Interest for 12 Months! - Valid only with the Alienware Credit Card

SubTotal: $2,729.00
Shipping: $166.18
Discount: $0.00
Tax: $0.00
Order Total: $2,895.18

Print Shopping Cart

I also have a 50% discount card from someone I know, and the total comes out to;

$1,447.59

PWN3D!
naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6587|Southampton, UK

Nice one mate, have fun ripping other people to shreads!!!
BlackPlague
Banned
+16|6552
Mwaaahhahahaha
slo5oh
+28|6686
Looks like a good system.  A bit overpriced, but with the 6700 it should overclock VERY well.
=TH=[Eleanor]-NL-
The Karma Collector!
+233|6716|The Netherlands
CAN YOU GET ME THAT 50% OFF AS WELL? PPPLLLLEEEAASSSSEEEE?????? :d
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6649|Camp XRay

I hate to tell you this but you could build a much better comp yourself for the same price. I still don't understand why people buy from them. I guess it's just the convience thing, but i mean any idiot can build a computer.

Anyways it's nice, but if you decide to build it yourself pm and I will try to help ya out.
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6716|Devon, England
omg! 50% discount? i could really do with that when i get my laptop you lucky son of a... cool guy
slo5oh
+28|6686

Marlboroman82 wrote:

I hate to tell you this but you could build a much better comp yourself for the same price. I still don't understand why people buy from them. I guess it's just the convience thing, but i mean any idiot can build a computer.

Anyways it's nice, but if you decide to build it yourself pm and I will try to help ya out.
+1
For $2700 you should be able to build that same system yourself with a 24" dell LCD.  Just make sure you drop that CPU to the 6600 and put an enormous HSF on it so you OC the snot out of it without trouble. 
If you're afraid to build it yourself, I recommend you go over to monarchcomputer and try pricing it out... I'd bet it will save you $500 easy.
BlackPlague
Banned
+16|6552
Yeah well the thing is that I make 630$ - taxes and other detuctables, So I would approximate around 623$ is my monthly pay from work on 30 hours a week... FOR NOW. So I'll work for about 2 and a half months to make atleast 1800$ to cover the bill, with other money left around to buy other things if needed =] And no, that 50% discount is mine It can only be used once. I wrote a case study in Business Class and mine came out to be the best so I was awarded with it... So anyway, is there anything that I should upgrade? Because I'll be moving in october, and for november that will be my own birthday present ^_^
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6626|132 and Bush

i could have used your discount a week ago..lol

ETA Sept 8th
1] Area-51® 7500

Processor: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Extreme X6800 2.93GHz 4MB Cache 1066MHz FSB
Operating System (Office software not included): Genuine Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional with Service Pack 2
Chassis: Alienware® P2 Chassis - Space Black
Chassis Upgrades: Alienware® AlienIce™ 3.0 Video Cooling + AlienFX™ System Lighting + High-Performance Liquid Cooling
Power Supply: 650 Watt Alienware® Multi-GPU Approved
Motherboard: Alienware® Approved NVIDIA nForce 4 SLI Motherboard
Memory: 4GB DDR2 Performance SDRAM at 800MHz - 4 x 1024MB
System Drive: Extreme Performance (RAID 0) - 300GB (2 x 150GB) Serial ATA 1.5Gb/s 10,000 RPM w/ 2 x 16MB Cache
Primary CD ROM/DVD ROM: 16x Dual Layer DVD±R/W Drive
Graphics Processor: 1024MB NVIDIA® GeForce™ 7950 GX2L
Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 920N 19" 8ms Flat Panel - Black
Sound Card: Alienware® Edition Sound Blaster® X-Fi® Elite High Definition 7.1 Audio with XRAM Technology
Xbone Stormsurgezz
BlackPlague
Banned
+16|6552
Nice =] atleast my country can kick your countries ass xD
Aardcore
+60|6738|USA, Arizona
Lucky bastard LOL
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6744|Las Vegas
This is the first time ever that I wholeheartedly recommended an alienware rig purchase (and probably the last).

Enjoy!
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6626|132 and Bush

DIY isnt for everyone. I dont have the time, patience, or desire to build. I know I'll pay more.. oh well you cant  take it with you when u die.

The monitor I use is the Dell 24 " wide ultra. I got that one coming with the new one becuase I am giving this machine I have now to someone and they are getting the 19 ".

Last edited by Kmarion (2006-08-17 16:18:27)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
BlackPlague
Banned
+16|6552
Where are my +1's? =[
PuckMercury
6 x 9 = 42
+298|6553|Portland, OR USA
I'd add a second drive to run in RAID 0 and ditch the alienware flat panel and get one on your own.  12ms isn't that great and 17" isn't that big.  Other than that, good rig for the $$ given your discount.
BlackPlague
Banned
+16|6552
Yeah I'm having second thoughts on the monitor and upgrading it to 22" or maybe more. And I already have another 200GB HD so I don't need more space heh.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6698|Colorado
2.66 for a new computer? I built mine 3 years ago & it has a 2.53. Your still getting riped off...
3.5 floppy??! why , the warranty & extras are shit your never going to use, thats for noobs that don't know any better.
250 g hard drive , have fun defraging that.
You're the one getting owned dude, build your own & save 90%
I hate to rain on your parade but I hate to see people get taken by company's like alienware that think they can jack up the price just for a little alien icon.
Shit for $1,447 you could probably build 2 ffs.
BlackPlague
Banned
+16|6552
This is the LAST time I'll be saying this. MY PARENTS WILL NOT ALLOW ME TO MAKE MY OWN COMPUTER SO DO NOT IMPLY THAT I SHOULD! Thank you.
JE3146
+109|6596|Oregon

BlackPlague wrote:

This is the LAST time I'll be saying this. MY PARENTS WILL NOT ALLOW ME TO MAKE MY OWN COMPUTER SO DO NOT IMPLY THAT I SHOULD! Thank you.
Pwned
OneSixty
+14|6519|Melbourne

TrollmeaT wrote:

2.66 for a new computer? I built mine 3 years ago & it has a 2.53. Your still getting riped off...
3.5 floppy??! why , the warranty & extras are shit your never going to use, thats for noobs that don't know any better.
250 g hard drive , have fun defraging that.
You're the one getting owned dude, build your own & save 90%
I hate to rain on your parade but I hate to see people get taken by company's like alienware that think they can jack up the price just for a little alien icon.
Shit for $1,447 you could probably build 2 ffs.
Hate to rain on your parade, but there is a massive difference between your 3yr old 2.53 without ht and a new 2.66 core duo.
and with sata , raid and flashing bios to name a few reasons you still need a 3.5 floppy unfortunately.
I HAVE built 2 for near that price, but id still love a new Alienware monster like that.
- Nice one bro, your gonna get a monster for a great price . Dont worry about the nay sayers .. this pc will ooze jealousy.
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6744|Las Vegas

BlackPlague wrote:

Where are my +1's? =[
If you have to ask, you don't deserve them....
hordi74
+16|6490|Capital City of Nds, Germany

JE3146 wrote:

BlackPlague wrote:

Pwned
word
*Prison*Break*tv
+1|6488
I believe thats an extremely awesome machine..

For just under $1500 thats a good deal too...

But for the mouse and keyboard, I dont know if alienware are any good at them, but try and get high end ones... they make a difference plus they look cooler.. (Cordless ones rock too)
MECtallica
+73|6530|jalalabad
its probably his mommy and daddy buying it for him...?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard