Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6710|Colorado
waaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaa!
fucking get over it.
tahadar
Sniper!!
+183|6776|Pakistan/England

allfive6 wrote:

Is there anything worst than having 10 fucking snipers on your team.
or maybe you get owned by them more often than you would like to admit?
allfive6
+18|6742|Victoria BC or Karkand
I cannot tell how much I am surprised that everyone in this thread has agreed with me. Thank you

Now lets get get those waste cum snipers out of the game for good.
Ssandstorm
+73|6772|Perth, Western Australia
both allfive6 and sarge fail at life
vanmani
Unintentionally Verbose
+26|6629|Australia

SargeV1.4 wrote:

yeah, but don't say that here. Wookies are kinda touchy.

also claymores should be made destructable and force TK's again.
Definitely make claymores (and AT mines and C4) destructible. In what fantasy land would a proximity triggered explosives device NOT go off if you blow up a hand grenade right next to it? STUPID. If you can blow them up you have a way of dealing with them. If you can't, the only thing you can do is walk into it with a medic behind you (STUPID).

Hurrah.
Cold Fussion
72% alcohol
+63|6705|Sydney, Australia

Ssandstorm wrote:

No, their parents failed in bed.
arson
+99|6674|New York

Sharkerlen wrote:

Most of these type of threads insist claymores take no skill.  They are somewhat right.  But.... neither does throwing 50 grenades at the start of Karkand without seeing one enemy.  Or....  Charging headlong into a fight, getting hit and hiding behind a dumpster to heal yourself.  Or.....Sitting 10 meters from 4 spawn points in a tank that takes at least three missle hits to destroy.  Or..... laying mines in choke points, etc.....

Snipers use what they have available to them.  Smart placement of claymores in high traffic sneak paths and not where an enemy tank will set them off takes some thought and patience.  I agree with Arson that they should be destructable but I disagree with his/her statement that this is the main offensive weapon.  I usually pull two kills from the two claymores I place (F**cking support guys are like cops...)  The other 10-12 kills come from the end of my M95.
I respect the sniper but not the one who uses the claymore as their  primary weapon.....
( just wanted to clarify my earlier post) :edit

Last edited by arson (2006-08-16 19:39:21)

genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6716|Middle of nowhere

allfive6 wrote:

Is there anything worst than having 10 fucking snipers on your team. And then I love it when your last man left is a sniper on a building somewhere were he could just jump down and get a flag because there is no one near him but no he is fucking oblivious to the going's on in the game why because he is a useless pile of shit sniper.
dear god yes!!

i've had that happen 50 times, no joke, it PISSES me off, and of course, the sniper is SUCH an idiot that they stay in the same place long enough for the enemy commander to just arty their ass... fucking snipers...

yeah, i said it, bring it on
dontfeedthenerd
+38|6585

Cold Fussion wrote:

Ssandstorm wrote:

No, whatever method of birth control in place failed
tvmissleman
The Cereal Killer
+201|6696| United States of America

M1-Lightning wrote:

allfive6 wrote:

The only thing that snipers are good for is knife kills.
I say snipers are a must-knife.
snipers are a must shock paddle
tvmissleman
The Cereal Killer
+201|6696| United States of America

Cold Fussion wrote:

Ssandstorm wrote:

both allfive6 and sarge's parents were in bed together?
ONE. GIANT. ORGY.
Gryphen_au
+5|6517
lol, if you guys are so good with a shock paddle or a knife against snipers, then why worry, they are obviously cheap kills for you?
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6686|Norway
Ok 6 pages no one will read this far in to the post anyway... I have nothing against snipers, sniping is fun. But those damn gay mores have ruined every city map in vanilla and SF and i fucking hate them!!!! On top of the ladder:ok, behind your back as self defense: ok. But there are so many fucking idiots fagot coward losers who use those damn dice cream fuck up stupid patch indestructible damn gay mores as an assault weapon!!! What`s the madder with those guys? "Oh i suck too much cant use my gun only get killed go around spamming claymores get free kills yeah!"
And if that damn sniper witch the OP referred to is th only one alive on the team, are out of clays and cant cap flags, the suicide button is the only option for him.

I also think that all claymore spammers should get knifed in real life
ssonrats
+221|6683

Fredrik wrote:

Ok 6 pages no one will read this far in to the post anyway... I have nothing against snipers, sniping is fun. But those damn gay mores have ruined every city map in vanilla and SF and i fucking hate them!!!! On top of the ladder:ok, behind your back as self defense: ok. But there are so many fucking idiots fagot coward losers who use those damn dice cream fuck up stupid patch indestructible damn gay mores as an assault weapon!!! What`s the madder with those guys? "Oh i suck too much cant use my gun only get killed go around spamming claymores get free kills yeah!"
And if that damn sniper witch the OP referred to is th only one alive on the team, are out of clays and cant cap flags, the suicide button is the only option for him.

I actually agree, i don't use claymores excesivley, the only time i use them is self defense, just in case someone decides to come up and get me i will put a claymore on stairs, tops of ladders etc.
Entertayner
+826|6608

ssonrats wrote:

Fredrik wrote:

I actually agree, i don't use claymores excesivley, the only time i use them is self defense, just in case someone decides to come up and get me i will put a claymore on stairs, tops of ladders etc.
Ditto.. I'm sure if u see a guy doing that and then go look at his sniper kdr or w/e it will be probs one of the worst as all he will do is run around droppin claymores frickin everywhere...
Zefar
+116|6687|Sweden

rmilhous wrote:

Best thing I ever saw about a sniper was the BF2 movie where the guy "who likes to use the F word alot" says:

Sniper.... ooooohh, I hate those mutha fuckas. I was climbing a ladder one time.........  you know the rest.

I like the claymores myself, how would I have possibly gotten my expert explosives on Karkand without them???

rmilhous
You are talking about this one http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid= … &q=BF2 Right?

But I'm more anoyed by all the tank/APC whores at the spawnpoint 90% of the time on Karkand. Snipers are way easier to awoid than a APC or Tank. Who happen to have a lot bigger cannon than those snipers.
IC_Draconis
+9|6756
I'm a sniper. I never spammed claymores since - you only have two - and I tend to live in and rather kill with my rifle. I rarely use it for self defence also since after 2-3 shots I move to another location.
Many times I captured the enemy's CP's behind the frontline. Many times I was the last man standing on our team and I managed to capture a point...it's very hard though since the enemy commander can spot you easily with a scan and you have 8-32 enemy soldier on you in seconds, with APC's, tanks, tranports choppers...or they simply bomb you to oblivion.

I have only one question though...what needs more skill...spamming claymores or chucking grenades for a round from behind a curtain....I think both of them lame.

You see, every kit has some option that can be used to abuse other people's game experience.

A hint for you allfive6: if you would pull your ass out of Karkand maybe you won't have so much problems with claymore whores....of course other maps are more open, with better visibilty so your hated enemies will get you much more easily.
WiBu
+14|6694
If you want a no-sniper option we may aswell make a no-weapon option and we can all run around the battlefield hugging each other, naked.
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6788|Chicago.

WiBu wrote:

If you want a no-sniper option we may aswell make a no-weapon option and we can all run around the battlefield hugging each other, naked.
QFT/QFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! +1 for this man!

Last edited by BigmacK (2006-08-17 04:45:20)

Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker
+440|6722|West Yorkshire, U.K
I agree its very annoying when the last mans a sniper and just sat there... but it just cant be done.
.:XDR:.PureFodder
+105|6867
I think that once IO mode comes out something will have to be done about the claymores, either destructable or force FF to be on for mines.At the moment most flags can be made uncappable by infantry with 2-3 claymores, but at least you can just roll up in some armour, detonating them and cap the flag.

With IO there will be three problems.

1) Alot of people will switch from AT, Engineer and Spec ops to snipers as there's no armour threat, hence many more claymores around each flag.

2) En mass there's really no way to get past them without becoming very dead. Most flags will require that the first few people there scarifice themselves before anyone can even get close.

3) People will be less inclined to go get the rear end bases if they have to walk the whole way which takes ages.

The result will be that people will realise that it isn't worth even trying to cap flags anymore. Most maps will end up as a snipering standoff.

I do recon though that Songhua will become one of the more popular maps in IO due to the large amounts of cover, thick fog reducing visibility and relatively non-linear level layout which should reduce the mass claymoring problems.
Barrakuda777
+86|6774|Somewhere near a shrub or rock
Hell, remove claymores completely from IO and see if any useful snipers care.... you all will still hop like teh bunnys, i will still shoot you and you will die.... as it always has been. I will just do it from a larger distance instead of being more aggressive.

If you people keep on harping on about how useless snipers are im just gonna have to do 10 more videos to prove you wrong.... IS THAT WAHT YOU REALLY WANT?

Plus, to all the people who agree that they are useless, add me to your list and come play   Hell, let me know when you arrive and i will go no claymores for ya... i fecking dare you to try to get a shank in my ribs!

Kooda
allfive6
+18|6742|Victoria BC or Karkand

Barrakuda777 wrote:

Hell, remove claymores completely from IO and see if any useful snipers care

Kooda
there are no usefull snipers
Barrakuda777
+86|6774|Somewhere near a shrub or rock

allfive6 wrote:

Barrakuda777 wrote:

Hell, remove claymores completely from IO and see if any useful snipers care

Kooda
there are no usefull snipers
Come find me....

Edit: Thats if you can bare to part with your armour, and as i have just taken a peek at your stats, why dont i throw out there that nobody with 180+ hours on assault rifles and a massive 0.91 can know what makes a kit effective, especially one that is a marked skill to use well. 

God damn, I think you v me infantry only would be like kicking a puppy, seriously, i doubt you would know what hit you 99% of the time. Tell you what, you can play me 1v1 on Karkand infantry only, i wont use clays, you can take what kit you like and we can see who would win.. you can even nominate what flag you wanna defend and what direction you want me to come from... hows that grab you?

Kooda

Last edited by Barrakuda777 (2006-08-17 06:41:07)

PspRpg-7
-
+961|6735

SargeV1.4 wrote:

-Infantry vs. Infantry - one team storms the flag while the other fights back to defend it.
I miss DC Bridge

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard