w0ls0n
+16|6587|Maine
Hi,

Having experiened the problems with the Crash to Desktop, or more simply, CTD, I think I may have found a problem with Battlefield 2 and the NVidia graphics driver that was released on June 23, 2006.

I installed Windows XP Pro and installed all the latest Windows Updates. Rather than install the latest NVidia driver, I went back one driver and installed the one released on March 17th, 2006.  My current Specs are:

Intel Pentium 4 2.53
1 GIG of RAM
GeForce 6800 Video
80 GIG Storage

When I ran this graphics driver, I did not have one CTD. I tested this for about three-four weeks and then I applied the new patch. As soon as I did it, I got at LEAST 2-3 CTDs in an hour. So I don't know if this is an EA problem or a driver related issue with NVidia and the way Batllefield 2 runs. Who knows.  I can say I went back to the earlier patch, not one CTD at all :-)
[FB]Eraser
Back in battle after 3-year break
+39|6761|Switzerland
First, I haven't tested Patch 1.4, but I have CTD's sometimes with Patch 1.3 and I have on both of my rig's. One is running an NVidia GPU and the other an ATI GPU...
Ryan
+1,230|6883|Alberta, Canada

Suprising, I've only had 2 CTD's in my entire life of owning BF2, and my system sucks hard.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard