RadeonII
+1|6810
It seems that the field is about 70 % for and 30 % against buying this game. I myself am a war monger and want to have the best weapons and newest toys at my disposal. So after reading all these horror stories and complains I`ll be at bestbuy when the doors open tomorrow to purchase my copy of the game.
vedds
+52|6789|Christchurch New Zealand
I have mine. released today in NZ.
hour and a half till i finish work + hour in the pub = playing in about 6 hours after the F#@%ing thing takes 4 hours to install and run the patch again. I think i know how a crack addict feels -- i know its going to be bad but i just cant wait
RadeonII
+1|6810
LOL I know the feeling. I just may skip work tomorrow..  I`ll know in about 14 hours or 18 including the 4 hour install time
Banthur
Banned
+2|6763
doesn't seem like its much of a question anymore.
Adelphi
+8|6775|Long Island, NY
Why is it takin' 4 hours to install for you guys.
Banthur
Banned
+2|6763
took me <30 mins
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6854
Well trying to download a 280 MB patch from EA while everyone and their mom is.. as well as installing and patching takes a bit of time, at least if your like me with a full large un-defragged hard drive.

Of course even if you get the patch from a fast server it still takes a bit to patch
Summo
+0|6776|Liverpool, UK
I got my patch from fileplanet. Didn't take long to d/l at all. Just waiting for the shop to open in the morning to get the game
RadeonII
+1|6810
the 1.12 patch ? I already have it
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6772|The Hague, Netherlands

Lol i got that 287 mb patch in +- 15 minuts 
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
RadeonII
+1|6810
installation took me 6 minutes.  gettering ready to play BF2 SF for the first time.. WOOHOO
Milk.org
Bringing Sexy Back
+270|6810|UK
Mine's installing now, I did get it from work a day early but am only installing it now :'( but I had to work today to get the weekend off & the girlfriends working, can anyone say BF2:SF FEST!?!

Last edited by Milk.org (2005-11-25 10:25:57)

Bubkin
Pay It Forward
+8|6816
To answer the OPs original question:

Yes, it is worth the money. Buy it and you won't regret it.
RadeonII
+1|6810
I bought it and think it may be worth a free download at most but 30 bucks ???  hardly..  5 new maps and a few vehicles and weapons.. the hour and a half I worked for the money paid for this expansion pack could have gotten me a bottle of Captain Morgan rum and a 12 pack of coke. then I could have enjoyed BF2 vanilla for the weekend..  we`ll see after a few more hours played
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6817|The Hague, Holland
I'd buy it sir, The new maps are pwnage
[OTH]-DocSparky
+1|6821|Baton Rouge, La, USA
I really don't care for the way night combat is implemented. The night vision goggles are nerfed pretty bad. I realize why, but I just don't enjoy the night maps (hey, I don't like Zatar Wetlands either). The new weapons, etc. are pretty fun. The new day maps are great. Those two things alone make me glad that I purchased it. Hopefully, there will be a few tweaks in upcoming patches to make night combat more enjoyable, but I would give it two thumbs up.... just not way up.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard