Adelphi
+8|6775|Long Island, NY
Ok, so I created my own squad.  I didn't want to be bothered by other players and miss out on squad leader time.  So I'm up on a roof pickin' off ppl tryin' to take CP's.  Everything is goin' fine, but then someone joins my squad and then used me as a spawn point.  He thinks he's tough enough to scale down the same ladder that I've got my claymore mine parked on.  He dies.  He punished me.  I'd expect a First Sgt. to be a lil' smarter than what was displayed. 

/rant off
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6803|Human Meat Shield
Yeah, I hate it when the SL is either in a plane or a sniper. A sniper is supposed to be hiding, you don't want people to spawn on you when in the thick of playing, they give away your cover. But sometimes its okay; when in the middle of your flag and thiers that way it cuts down on walking.
Adelphi
+8|6775|Long Island, NY
I normally don't create my own squad when I'm a sniper.  In fact this was my first time.  I figured it'd be alright since there were 3 other squads and they only had 2-3 ppl in each.  Live and learn I guess.  =/
=DS=Unit92
+0|6775
Ok, so I created my own squad.  I didn't want to be bothered by other players and miss out on squad leader time.  So I'm up on a roof pickin' off ppl tryin' to take CP's.  Everything is goin' fine, but then someone joins my squad and then used me as a spawn point.  He thinks he's tough enough to scale down the same ladder that I've got my claymore mine parked on.  He dies.  He punished me.  I'd expect a First Sgt. to be a lil' smarter than what was displayed.
- If you don't want to be bothered with squad members you don't trust there's squad lock.
- Expecting rational behavior based on rank is foolish. Just because someone puts in 300 hours more than someone else doesn't mean they are more skilled and not stupid.

Yeah, I hate it when the SL is either in a plane or a sniper. A sniper is supposed to be hiding, you don't want people to spawn on you when in the thick of playing, they give away your cover. But sometimes its okay; when in the middle of your flag and thiers that way it cuts down on walking.
- A sniper a reliable spawn point is actually pretty beneficial sometimes, my clan will often employ this tactic to have a halfway point between two flags so the offensive can be pressured to one, and then a couple sneak off to the other and take it while the enemy is engaged.
- It's nice to be an SL in a jet that has a passenger seat as a either a very fast and mobile spawn point or just being able to get a gunner/bomber co-pilot.
thinner44
+1|6844
I'm often SL while sniping. For one, the sniper isn't usually right in the thick of battle, therefore giving anyone that wants to spawn... a fighting chance . True, they sometimes do give away your position, and true they often don't know which way is up or down, and yes, I have been TKd by someone spawning on me thinking I was the enemy... figure that one out

I played OCS yesterday as a SL, we captured a base because the enemy didn't know where their enemy was coming from... spawned from me from a very secluded point near the base ... so it does work
Dr0pped
+8|6789|Ontario, Canada

S=Unit92 wrote:

It's nice to be an SL in a jet that has a passenger seat as a either a very fast and mobile spawn point or just being able to get a gunner/bomber co-pilot.
Agreed - the other very useful place is in choppers when the duo is working well together.  Have the SL as pilot and if the gunner gets killed while capping a flag or some other way, can simply re-spawn into gunner seat.
dirtyepics
+19|6766|England
...........on that note. I was in a dune buggy the other night and this guy ran into the side of the buggy and died??? And punished me. Yeah he was dressed in camo cos he was a sniper so we can't see him so easily but I didn't know that made him blind too!! It's a f**king dune buggy!
thinner44
+1|6844

dirtyepics wrote:

...........on that note. I was in a dune buggy the other night and this guy ran into the side of the buggy and died??? And punished me. Yeah he was dressed in camo cos he was a sniper so we can't see him so easily but I didn't know that made him blind too!! It's a f**king dune buggy!
He may be deaf as well... If I see or hear any vehicle coming my way (blue), I always step aside. Those that punish when being accidentally TKd, especially if it was their own fault, deserve the firey pits of hell
Adelphi
+8|6775|Long Island, NY
Well on a good note, some of you guys left great SL ideas for later on down the road when I finally find a clan I can team up with. 

Ok, enough from me.  Just got off of 12 hours of work, and I go back in tonight. Weeeeeeeeee.
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6848
Uhhh, its not a smart idea to be a squad leader with planted claymores... lol.
imdead
Death StatPadder

S=Unit92 wrote:

- If you don't want to be bothered with squad members you don't trust there's squad lock.
- Expecting rational behavior based on rank is foolish. Just because someone puts in 300 hours more than someone else doesn't mean they are more skilled and not stupid.

- A sniper a reliable spawn point is actually pretty beneficial sometimes, my clan will often employ this tactic to have a halfway point between two flags so the offensive can be pressured to one, and then a couple sneak off to the other and take it while the enemy is engaged.
- It's nice to be an SL in a jet that has a passenger seat as a either a very fast and mobile spawn point or just being able to get a gunner/bomber co-pilot.
Thats what I was saying; but in a plane not a helo.  Can't get two people in a plane and the sniper SL is a walk saver basically.
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6786|Toronto, ON
I'm a Sniping Squad Leader and I never play long range, only close range and I still bwn Tubers/PKM/DAO-12 users with my knife.
Alpha as fuck.
Adelphi
+8|6775|Long Island, NY

Greenie_Beazinie wrote:

Why the hell not.  He's the numb nuts that decided to use the ladder with the bright red death mark on it, instead of jumpin' off the buildin' and usin' his 'chute. 

Go lol some more ya douche.
n1nj41c l337ne55
+1|6779|Pittsburgh, Virginia lol

thinner44 wrote:

dirtyepics wrote:

He may be deaf as well... If I see or hear any vehicle coming my way (blue), I always step aside. Those that punish when being accidentally TKd, especially if it was their own fault, deserve the firey pits of hell
In the name of the God-Emperor, my lord and savior, I banish him to the burning hellfire of the warp, where his soul will be consumed by demons for all eternity, in the entire continuum of the multiverse.

But yeah, I hate jackasses who get mad at you when you point out that they suck, and then do shit to you for the rest of the round. And the people who cant stand not getting a vehicle so they must tk you AND the vehicle to get it.

The last phrase of the first sentence is an inside joke of sorts. GO TEAM 1522, DEFENDERS OF THE MULTIVERSE ALL THE WAY, W007!!!!!!!!!11!!11oneone
oberst_enzian
+234|6777|melb.au

Adelphi wrote:

I'd expect a First Sgt. to be a lil' smarter than what was displayed.
seriously, good luck with that. sometimes I think this game should be renamed battlefield:idiot given the calibre of the people I come across. or maybe battlefield:vehiclewhore
Adelphi
+8|6775|Long Island, NY

oberst_enzian wrote:

Adelphi wrote:

I'd expect a First Sgt. to be a lil' smarter than what was displayed.
seriously, good luck with that. sometimes I think this game should be renamed battlefield:idiot given the calibre of the people I come across. or maybe battlefield:vehiclewhore
Although I've only been playin' this game for 2 weeks now, I'm seein' more and more idiots in the higher ranks, it's just sad.
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6848

Adelphi wrote:

Greenie_Beazinie wrote:

Why the hell not.  He's the numb nuts that decided to use the ladder with the bright red death mark on it, instead of jumpin' off the buildin' and usin' his 'chute. 

Go lol some more ya douche.
You always see them from above. Don't call me a fuckin douche.. skilless little bitch. I was saying lol to try and be friendly instead of saying:

"OMG j00 fuxing dumb slut j00 dnt put cl4ymoorzorz when j00 b teh squad leader"
philbymaris
+0|6770|Brissvegas AUST
I personally think you get more idiots in higher ranks cause they are more adept to the conditions and strenuations of the game, where are someone using for the first time takes it slow cause they dont know where they are or usually what they are doing.....

oh and the dicks who continuously love to get the shit blowen out of them by well, usually my claymores i say go fuck yourself you punishing fucks, just accept the fact that your are a dick and dont punish someone else for your stupidity..... enough said i think so...

thanx philbymaris now 142 BR sniper rifles... 426 BR sniper kit...
NamelessMarine
+0|6770
You know it would be kinda funny if claymores could go off if you held them in the direction of an approacthing enemy...think of how n00bish that would be...give a different perspective to t00bers.
RadeonII
+1|6810
anyone ever try setting one on the hood of a hummer and getting close to an enemy ?
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6817|The Hague, Holland

RadeonII wrote:

anyone ever try setting one on the hood of a hummer and getting close to an enemy ?
That sounds so stupid....
...It just might work!
Im so gonna try that out! Does it work?
RadeonII
+1|6810

Sgt.Gh0st wrote:

RadeonII wrote:

That sounds so stupid....
...It just might work!
Im so gonna try that out! Does it work?
dont know I got the idea from reading NamelessMarine`s post

Last edited by RadeonII (2005-11-26 12:01:21)

NamelessMarine
+0|6770
I'll try it after work.  The only real trick would be getting ti to sit right on the hood without slipping off like people do if they stand on it.

That would be killer on a tank...put on behind and one on each side (need a ammo crate) and keep away pesky SF guys.  I've seen people stand on the outside of the tank and shoot from it (an interesting and FUN tactic, especially if you're the AT guy standing behind said enemy tank)
imdead
Death StatPadder
you at work too!! Same here 50 hour week, and on a Saturday nothing to do.

Anyway, I want to know if this works also, I noticed even if you get within ~10m of this thing it blows you to bits. I saw this claymore on ground actually ran away from it and still blew me away, damn motion is very sensitive.
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6871

RadeonII wrote:

I will blow when you move the vehicle .. whumpa ! " um, a friend tried it "

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard