Trinity ®©
+1|6824
If you aren't early in your BF2 career you can forget getting the WCR unless you already have a w/l ratio of at least 2:1. When I started my run I was only about 150 games in and had about a 2.3:1 w/l.

If you are wondering how I did it? Large servers (maxplayer 64) but with only 20-30 people playing and then be a fighting commander while driving armour. It works... at least it did from this ole BF42 tankwhore.
:]-[: El_Shiznit
+3|6783|Florida
I wouldn't say "forget it".  Let's be positive here.    If there's a will, there's a way.  I was far from a 2:1 W/L ratio when I started to get it and I was somewhere around 225 hours played.  I'm now around 325 hours played and 2.05 W/L.  So I'm getting there, but it's just taking a while.

I just suggest working on this badge along with a few others at the same time.  I try to stay in vehicles almost all the time and I'm almost to expert engineer.  I've gained on these all in the time I've worked on the War College Ribbon.
redfoxster
Chopper Whore Extraordinaire
+3|6807
Update, for everyone:

Wins needed, 296

Win/Loss ratio 2.36:1
Adelphi
+8|6776|Long Island, NY
That's cool that you're doin' it the legit way.  But if a 'tard wanted to, couldn't he just preview a map and find ones that look like they're close to bein' over and hop on the winnin' team to get their 3:1?
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6823|England
Why couldnt they leave the requirments like they were before the patch, that is 3.0 Kill to death ratio. At least that was possible.

I dont see how its possible to team switch either, Auto team balance lets me change about 1 in 10 times.
redfoxster
+3|6807
Update time:

Ratio: 2.6:1

Wins needed: 191

closing in slowly.....
DPEX-Bounty-Hunter
+0|6858
Found this one  48115016  looks like he has the same idea as U

Good luck

-Bounty-
deject
Got His War On
+37|6808|Golden, CO

MatRx9 wrote:

Cougar wrote:

Heffty wrote:

Well, I will likely never get this ribbon or the Legion of Merit Ribbon. I have 345 wins and 363 losses. I haven't even really tried for the WCR and until now I didn't realize you could only have a 'worst death streak' of 8 for the Legion. I have a worst of 15 unfortunately. I could start a new guy and just go for all these over again, it would be pretty easy now that I've played a while, but I'd really rather not. It's a mild tick off though and knowing me it might just tick me off enough to start up a new guy. Who knows.
You have to have AT LEAST 8 death streak.   It can be more.  You are still eligable for the ribbon.

GO GET IT!!
Confirmed.  I just got it last night and mine is worse than 8 also.  Just bad wording on the part of EA.
I was wondering why I had the green check mark, I was like damn, I can't get this now...

Also, I wish I had a W:L ratio of 1.  I seem to get stuck on the losing team a lot.
Snakestyles
+17|6772|South Africa
Jeez i need 47 hours hours of commanding to get near it. My W/L is 2.33 right now so i guess if i keep playing the same way i should be able to get close to a 3:1 ration. It's the commander time i need. I mean i have just over 2 x hours as commander and that is only because i wanted the basic commander badge.
Thanatos247
100% Artillery Magnet
+3|6785|Derby, England

redfoxster wrote:

Update time:

Ratio: 2.6:1

Wins needed: 191

closing in slowly.....
Good luck redfoxster, we're rooting for ya! Bah, I need 545 wins.
redfoxster
+3|6807
2.76 : 1

119 needed, took a good long month and half break from BF2, so now im ready to play some more
Rizen_Ji
+41|6770|200m out and smiling at you.
alright here's my theory on getting a nice win/loss

get 5 other friends, go on a small 16/32 server and own major ass, there's no way u guys can lose with a map where there's an actual squad cooperating and capping flags.
RDMC_old
+0|6770|Almere, Holland

redfoxster wrote:

Alright, im gonna start this topic, to avoid being called a team switching ass later on.  Im on a mission to get the WCR, i was averaging a win/loss ratio of 1.33 when I started, now im up to 2.17 and still going, ive brought my win margin down to 370 from about 610 in a little over a month and ill have the commander time completed this week.  I dont team switch and I play strictly EA US OFFICIAL servers.  You can look at my stats, I dont play favorites on a any map, though I do really like Kubra dam and play a more often than most, usually its the map a start my rotation on.  Im a chopper whore, so naturally I prefer US to MEC because the Cobra PWNS and the Z-10 is about the same as the cobra.  I dont camp spawns, I dont snipe wins off servers, and I dont compalin about how hard the WCR is to get anymore, because I have come to realize it is possible, it jsut takes work.  So there, Ill update this every few weeks as I get closer to it.
Well good luck I aint even gonna try it cause even if i'm playing wonderfull but I have a lousy team we still loose which is negative towards my W/L so that Ribbon should be burned!
tF-afrojap
+124|6881|SF
I'm going for mine as well.
1,769 / 911 with a ratio of 1.94.
Since I already have 900+ loses I need to regain 964 wins AT LEAST.

Ever since I started going for the WCR I've noticed my Cussing/Keyboard smashing per death ratio has sky rocketed. It really gets you involved in the game cause you care about your team winning.. I used to be a chopper whore, TV guilding everything in sight. But it gets old, and now I'm enjoying the game far more.

Couple of tips I got for helping your W/L:
- Play on 16-player maps, games will end faster. Also, you will be able to affect the outcome of the battle more in a small server. (just make sure you don't own them too hard, cause they will all leave, lol)
- Roll with people you know. Sounds pretty obvious, but this is a big one. In my case, Chuy, Trigger and Skruples help the odds a lot
- Be commander, or have a friend you can trust be one. You don't want anyone sneaking to the back and capping your armor pool flag. Allowing that can often mean a loss, especially in a 16-player map.

I don't switch teams to snipe wins and damn proud of it. The ribbon wouldn't mean shit to me if I did. Good luck fellow WCR whorz!!
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6735
Almost... there... just 238 consecutive wins to go.

Sometime when I'm feeling ambitious I'll write a super-1337 guide to winning.
CenTex19D
+0|6790
I started early on this ribbon.  I have 3.14 winning %.  All I need is about 10 hours of commanding.  The way I have been going about it is to join a clan, be in a squad and have TeamSpeak.  Without commo you will not get it.  Good luck to all trying for the war college.
washow
Get out of MY JET!!!
+23|6746
when i first started to play bf2, i once had exactly 3:1 w/l ratio

but unfortunately it didn't register toward WCR ribbon...

but this ribbon's not gonna be that hard for me

i already have more than 2:1 ratio and almost most of the time nowadays, i win

like when you play on karkand, join USMC unless MEC is seriously pwning.. because in karkand, USMC almost always wins

that's how you get 3:1 ratio unless you are teamswitching
Stratocaster
WCR official whiner
+6|6762|Madrid, Spain

irondentist wrote:

I think the requirement for this ribbon should be changed to 500 commander wins instead of the W:L ratio.  That would make it absolutely fair.
aslo w/l ratio 3:1 as commander would also be nice...
[Valhalla]iMac_Attack
+2|6795|Houston, Texas
they should add something to it like 3:1 or 5000 wins, i am sure i hit 5000 wins before i hit the 3:1
fannwong00
+6|6727|Paris, France (Sporean)
btw, plus smiley said that he got his stats reset due to teamswitching for the war college badge.
=SA=VaSSiLi
+2|6805
Oh god.. 2809 matches at a 5:1 for me...

O_O
Ricerckt93
+69|6687
I too agree with cougar.

I also am trying for that damn ribbon!

Yes, I have bunny hopped in past, but soon learn that it is better earned.

I have taken loses as I go, but found a strategy that seems to be working for me.

You may take a lose at the begining round.  OK you earned a lose but pay attention to the top players, next round, at the begining, join that team and squad.  Yes you bunny hopped, but shouldn't I be able to pick which team I want to play on, not the damn computer!

Once in that team rape and pillage!  May cost you a lot of sleep, but roll with it as long as you can.

Last edited by Ricerckt93 (2006-02-12 23:10:15)

redfoxster
+3|6807
I need 10 wins, 2.98:1 ratio, and I have the command time down, hopefully Ill get it tomorrow or late tongiht...
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6823|Singapore

People who create new accounts for WCR, suck on my toe, that's how much respect I have for you.

I sweated blood to get my WLR back up to 2.69 from 1.5 in my 1st Sgt days. And 281 more wins and its within reach.
alpinestar
+304|6630|New York City baby.
Patch 1.3 , so the guides for that particular ribbon are obsolete now.
===============Ribbons===================

War College Ribbon
Removed 3:1 win/loss ratio
Removed 45 point commander score in a round
Added 200 Wins
Added 25000 Global commander score
Increased time from 180000 (50h) to 360000 (100h)

Last edited by alpinestar (2006-05-17 19:17:04)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard