paratrooper307
Sometimes you feel like a nut. Sometimes you don't
+24|6743|Fort Bragg, NC
Hey this is my first post. I'm KtotheIMMY's fiance.

has anyone figured out how to use grappling hooks and zip lines yet?
WhiteStain
+3|6748|NEPA
Yes it's very simple to use.
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6832
I belive it's written in the manual as well as the readme.txt which can be found on the official web site.
KtotheIMMY
+513|6775
What helpful responses.

WhiteStain, if it's so easy, pray tell.

Ryan_Mercury, sorry, no manual here. Just where is this readme.txt located on EA's sprawling mess of a site?
LTD_SpikE
+0|6777
Here is a link to the online manual in pdf format

http://files.ea.com/downloads/eacore/ma … manual.pdf

hope it helps..

SpikE
KtotheIMMY
+513|6775
THANK YOU

LTD_SpikE wrote:

Here is a link to the online manual in pdf format

http://files.ea.com/downloads/eacore/ma … manual.pdf

hope it helps..

SpikE
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6832
It's right on the page where you download the 1.12 patch:

UPDATE TO GRAPPLING HOOK AND ZIP LINE DESCRIPTION

GRAPPLING HOOK
The GRAPPLING HOOK is part of the Assault and Anti-tank kits. Throw it using the fire or alternate fire buttons. Press "E" to get on and off of the rope.
Use the direction keys to climb the rope. The rope will connect to any static object in the world, which means it will not work on terrain or vehicles. Any Assault or Anti-Tank kit can pick up any grappling hook, even those from other teams, as long as you do not already have one in your kit at the time.
ZIP LINE
The ZIP LINE is part of the Special Forces and Sniper kits. Use the fire button to shoot the line and use the alternate fire button to check if the target is a viable connection point or not. Once the line is in place, use "E" to get on. You will slide down the line automatically. Any Spec-Ops or Sniper kit can pick up any zip line, even those from the other team, as long as you do not already have one in your kit at the time.
LTD_SpikE
+0|6777
Just remember that when you see me on the battlefield.. and try not to shoot me with the zip line
K1NJO
+0|6789
Here you go...straight from the manual.

GRAPPLING HOOK

Target a ledge and left-click to throw the hook full force, then press E to climb.  The hook is portable as well--just face the hook and press G to gather it up and take it with you.
- Left-clicking throws the hook full force.  You can alternatively hold the right mouse button to charge your throw and release the mouse button to throw the hook.
- The grappling hook is only available for Assault and Anti-Tank kits.
- You can also drop a rope from above to allow other players to climb up to your position.  Click the right mouse button near the edge of any rooftop to drop the rope.

ZIPLINE

Aim your crossbow at the ground and lef-click to fire the bolt.  (If your target icon becomes an X within a circle, it means your target is out of range.)  Press E to zip down the line.  Like the grappling hook, you can press G to gather up the zipline for re-use.
- The zipline is available for Sniper and Special Forces kits.
* The zipline won't work if you try to get a kill shooting at the enemy...I tried.
KtotheIMMY
+513|6775
Haha, I'll keep that in mind my friend.

LTD_SpikE wrote:

Just remember that when you see me on the battlefield.. and try not to shoot me with the zip line
KtotheIMMY
+513|6775
That's too bad! Would have been fun Thanks K1NJO

K1NJO wrote:

* The zipline won't work if you try to get a kill shooting at the enemy...I tried.
WhiteStain
+3|6748|NEPA
I'm a n00b and i figured it out why can't you?
KtotheIMMY
+513|6775
Good for you.

WhiteStain wrote:

IronGeek
One Shot, One Kill
+4|6806|Canberra, Australia

WhiteStain wrote:

Your name says it all.

Stop being an Ass and help some people out, rather than just sprouting that you are an ASS.
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6859|"Frisco"

As a side note, to pick up the expended zip/graple, hit the PickUpKit key
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6855|Bryan/College Station, TX

chuyskywalker wrote:

As a side note, to pick up the expended zip/graple, hit the PickUpKit key
THat would be the "G" key the same one you use to pick up kits for those that may be scratching their heads.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
ResDog1
+51|6777|Netherlands
Sf does not come out untill friday here in the netherlands, so maybe someone can answer this question:

Can you kill someone with the grapling hook and/or zipline? Zips line is a crossbow so if you aim and shoot at a person it should work to my opinion.
LTD_SpikE
+0|6777
From trying in single player mode, you can not fire the zip line except at a static object.  If the cross hair turns white you can not fire it.  At least I couldn't get it to fire at any of the bots.  Hopefully someone can clear this up for sure.

SpikE
R1Armadillo
+0|6743
I have NOT been succesful in killing anyone with a zipline. I have seen, however MANY people get picked off of a zipline as they are going down. Make sure you have someone to cover you when you are going down!!!  The zipline that is...

Last edited by R1Armadillo (2005-11-23 06:08:31)

B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6853|Cologne, Germany

as far as I know, killing someone with either the zipline or the grappling hook ain't possible. Simply because the number of objects you can fire those at is limited to static map objects like buildings etc...

you can, of course, pick them up when someone is on it and make them fall...
Aruba-Prime
[Expert Smoke Grenade]
+44|6786|Hamburg, Germany
What if i s.b. runs infront of it after i shot it at a static map object?
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6534
still wont kill them
UK|Hooligan
Seriously, fuck off.
+103|6700|"The Empire"
This is my favourite thread, I'm glad you revived it.
XISIX
+116|6627
It hurts. .... ...
Ryan
+1,230|6855|Alberta, Canada

Great way to revive a 2 year old thread.

Have a cookie!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard