GTKtino
+0|6812
freakin jets, theyre so dam powerfull, but sometimes that I am going after a helo or black hawk, and the pilot bails, I crash into the pilot , and it explodes the jet.

freakin game the pilot should rip into pieces and then let the wipers of the jet clean up his blood and guts off the damn windshield. ha ha
Bloody Sky
+2|6886|Texas
While I would much more enjoy the game is stuff like that would happen.

It's still rated T for Teen, my friend.

But yes, one time I crashed into my friends parashute.....
I blew up and he TKed me.
Shouldn't it be more like, his parashute catches onto my jet and I fly him around untill he gets shot off?
GTKtino
+0|6812
they should fix this, because a freakin jet is way heavier than say... a humvee and when a humvee crashes into you , you die. so shouldnt it be the same for the jet?
mort4u
Artillery catcher
+5|6880|Munich, Germany
seems like the parachutes dont have a good collision model since they are the most powerful vehicle in game
same goes for supply crates wich kill you when you hit them in the air.

but honestly the chances for those incidents are quite low and since i hit my first parachuter in a jet i try to avoid them
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6834
Think about it.  In real life, if an airliner takes a bird into the engine, the engine will explode.  Or if a bird hits the cockpit, it'll make a massive hole in the window.

A person is a lot bigger than a bird.  It'll do a lot more damage to a plane, especially when it's flying at mach 1, which it never will because the landing gear is always down.. but enough nit-picking.  If you fly your plane into a parachuting guy, you'd better pray he's on your side, got E pressed and there's space for him to sit, else you're dead meat.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6812|AUS, Canberra

aardfrith wrote:

Think about it.  In real life, if an airliner takes a bird into the engine, the engine will explode.  Or if a bird hits the cockpit, it'll make a massive hole in the window.

A person is a lot bigger than a bird.  It'll do a lot more damage to a plane, especially when it's flying at mach 1, which it never will because the landing gear is always down.. but enough nit-picking.  If you fly your plane into a parachuting guy, you'd better pray he's on your side, got E pressed and there's space for him to sit, else you're dead meat.
bzzzzzzzz wrong,

modern airplane engines are designed to withstand birdstikes as are the winshields.

ever heard of the chicken gun?
they use it to shoot birds at cockpits and engines, iv seen it blast a chicken into a 747 engine with no worries.
*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6785|Malaga, España

the_heart_attack wrote:

aardfrith wrote:

bzzzzzzzz wrong,

modern airplane engines are designed to withstand birdstikes as are the winshields.

they use it to shoot birds at cockpits and engines, iv seen it blast a chicken into a 747 engine with no worries.
Well, lets see i hope Boeing is going to start shooting people at 747 to test there engine and cockpits,  and u my friend are the first one to be launched Good Luck m8

(Radio Noise) Fuckerrrrrrrrr Out

Last edited by *ToRRo*cT| (2005-11-23 06:13:47)

mort4u
Artillery catcher
+5|6880|Munich, Germany

the_heart_attack wrote:

aardfrith wrote:

bzzzzzzzz wrong,

yeah jet engines laugh at birds but a person would actually do a lot of harm in the air.

but in BF2 its NOT the player model causing the damage but the parachute. player models dont do damage to vehicles of any kind, never lost any health in a jeep when flattening an enemy or friendly (except minus score ). or did you ever hear the repairing sound while taking off and a jet-hugging-noob-retard just jumped in front of it to give you a tk? i didnt.

@ *Torro* missed your last anger management session huh?
Turtle
+7|6799|Boulder, CO
Actually it seems that this isn't a persistent problem. Most of the time if I run into a parachuting infantry I will take damage or explode but just the other day I mowed down a pilot that tried to bail out before I blew up his jet and I guess I caught him just right cause I took dmg as if I got shot by a light machine gun but got a kill. But this is only like the 2nd time out of 20 attempts to run into ppl in the air that it's actually been a benefit to me.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard