Major Payne
+18|6816|Netherlands
im not sure if you can debate about this or s iriously talk about this but if we disigne a timemachine in the future and go back to prefent by example WWII it isny going to work cuz we all rember the ww and it already happend so it cant be changed right?? there are also some poeple who said they were from the future like john titor (or something) he said there will die like 7 bilion people in about 5 years becuase of a world desaster but now we know we can try to prefent that but it doesnt work becuse it already happend to john. so my question is : is it possible to change the timeline

sorry for my english im not very good in it

Last edited by Major Payne (2006-07-10 12:08:00)

acidkiller187
+123|6666
They thought that talking over a phone will never be possible, so who knows anything can happen i believe even go back in time or into the future afterall everyhing happening right now has already happend [Allot to think about but true]
Major Payne
+18|6816|Netherlands
but whats to point of making a time machine if you cant change the tings that already happend? the only ting i can think of is rewrithing the bibel (dunno how it accatly called in english must be something like that) because you can really see what happen to jezus and the other bibel figures, maby it is already wrote like it happend but now you are sure of it
acidkiller187
+123|6666
Let me put it too you like this. If you could go back [Intime] what would you change? Or into the [Future]

Last edited by acidkiller187 (2006-07-10 12:00:52)

Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6772|Salt Lake City

I would hope it isn't possible, because that would basically mean destiny and not free will to make your future.

However, if such a thing were possible it wouldn't last long.  We are too stupid to leave well enough alone.  What has passed is past.  Trying to change anything could result in changes that can't be forseen, but we are too arrogant and wouldn't leave well enough alone.  This could also be used as a weapon.
SoC./Omega
+122|6577|Omaha, Nebraska!
scawy 7 billion, i dont believe him
/ pouts in corner
acidkiller187
+123|6666

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

I would hope it isn't possible, because that would basically mean destiny and not free will to make your future.

However, if such a thing were possible it wouldn't last long.  We are too stupid to leave well enough alone.  What has passed is past.  Trying to change anything could result in changes that can't be forseen, but we are too arrogant and wouldn't leave well enough alone.  This could also be used as a weapon.
True True or you can use it for good and make yourself rich even more than Bill Gates best of all you can become Bill Gates [Not look as Ugly though] LOL
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6772|Salt Lake City

acidkiller187 wrote:

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

True True or you can use it for good and make yourself rich even more than Bill Gates best of all you can become Bill Gates [Not look as Ugly though] LOL
I could see it being beneficial if there was one limitation.  There would be absolutely zero interaction.  It would have to be strictly an observation tool.
Major Payne
+18|6816|Netherlands

acidkiller187 wrote:

Let me put it too you like this. If you could go back [Intime] what would you change? Or into the [Future]
thats accatly my point is that possible to change

SoC./Omega wrote:

scawy 7 billion, i dont believe him
/ pouts in corner
look on http://johntitor.com/ read the topics
Vampira_NB
Trying is the first step to failing
+76|6709|Canada Eh?
It's been said that travelling to the future could very well happen, You just need to be travelling faster than light I believe (I know I know, SOOOO EASY ain't it?). But I sincerely believe that man will never EVER create a functioning device to send us to the past. John Titor is an internet hoaxer, Simple as that.
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6828|Jupiter
Time travel wont work, its physics. You cant have more matter in one time "zone? area? idk" It cant happen, you can take matter from one time to another, it would destroy the universe.
Drumedor
Oops, who put that tree there?
+17|6581|Borås, Sweden
If you would change anything in the past, like changing Jesus names to your own. Then it would start to cycle because if Jesus would have your name you wouldn't go back in time to change his name.
Major Payne
+18|6816|Netherlands
but then we dont even know jesus name then we would know it as your own name they can only prefent things we dont know but how can they prefent that becuase they dont know ether becuase the past didnt know it

lol strange eh
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6807|PNW

I wouldn't tinker with anything in time, as it might screw up history's order of operations. Even small stuff.

"Horrible things happen to wizards who mess with time, Harry." -Hermione Granger

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-07-10 12:18:47)

Major Payne
+18|6816|Netherlands
haha lol in harry potter 3 but if you see yourself you already know what your going to do in the future your going to visitet yourself but in the futer you think waste of time i already know what i m going to say so you dont go viset yourself so your visit to yourself could never happend because you didnt do it in the future

lol also strange aint it??
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6730|San Francisco
Time travel is impossible...that's been proven by the fact that we haven't had hordes of tourists visiting us from the future (loosely quoted from Stephen Hawking).

Due to the nature of time paradoxes, it's really impossible to go back and change things.  If you get the idea to do it, then you've already done it, or you've already inspired it to happen.  Thus is the nature of time travel from a special relativity frame of reference...
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6555|Πάϊ
If it were possible to create a time machine, then we would already know about it. See the paradox?

(I didnt come second on this one! The guy who wrote the same above me used his time machine to get all the glory and make me look silly)

Last edited by oug (2006-07-10 12:34:02)

ƒ³
Major Payne
+18|6816|Netherlands
yea nice one

i got a good example nastradamus is very famous he said the Twin touers would go down but no one lisened to him so it happend if we would lisend to him and prevented it he wouldnt knew it
RicardoBlanco
The English
+177|6604|Oxford

Marconius wrote:

Time travel is impossible...that's been proven by the fact that we haven't had hordes of tourists visiting us from the future (loosely quotes from Stephen Hawking).
Beat me to it..
whittsend
PV1 Joe Snuffy
+78|6794|MA, USA
Time travel is possible...but only in one direction.  We are all doing it as we speak, and (unless my knowledge is antiquated - it's been 15 years since I studied Physics) there is nothing preventing one from jumping forward in time  (several reletivistic scenarios would appear to involve forward time travel if one didn't know better), only backward.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6772|Salt Lake City

Marconius wrote:

Time travel is impossible...that's been proven by the fact that we haven't had hordes of tourists visiting us from the future (loosely quoted from Stephen Hawking).
And how exactly do we know that we aren't being visited by tourists from the future?
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6786|Chicago.
The vastness of time is not meant for the human soul to explore, its meerly a means of transportation from one form to the next.
Major Payne
+18|6816|Netherlands
but for example if they give us the informatio how to make a flying car we will make it and no one will invent it so in the future they dont have a flying car anymore so the message whit how to build a flying car will be empty so there will be a problem whit timetravaling
[TP~Bravo]Wiggy
Failure By Design
+39|6582|Cardiff, Wales, Uk.
Were in a massive time machine at the moment, and were actaulyl going backwards in time.
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6873
ok ok You cuaght me ! I am from the future. I will return now.

PS wait untill patch 1.6 comes out You will love it, all the guns are nerfed. They made a Que for all vehicles and you can wing ride jets, swim under water and pee on walls, dead bodies and snipers. They fixed all the hacks and No one whines at all!

Congrates to Marconious fo winning the... oh wait, I dont want to spoil it fo you.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard