Poll

What do you want to see fixed in the game the most?

Stingers/IGLA23%23% - 30
No Open Parachutes6%6% - 8
Server Browser12%12% - 16
Wall Glitches3%3% - 4
The non-existant protection of PB10%10% - 13
Gun reload prob(Gun reloads and then reloads again etc)6%6% - 9
Balance Problems (Guns, teams, maps, vehicles etc)11%11% - 15
Commander Issues(sup boxes not falling/offset arty etc)5%5% - 7
Connection Issues12%12% - 16
C4 Detonater Glitch(the C4 in your pocket just sploded)9%9% - 12
Total: 130
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6806|Dallas
What do you think EA should fix in the next patch first and foremost?

My vote goes for the AA glitches.
Speelbal
+146|6794|Netherlands
Server browser and connection issues. If that would be user-friendly I would kill myself.
BlueScreen
I am the pwnage! Bitches!
+5|6781|Finland
There's many things so I say only few here.. That server browser sucks so that 1 thing, that TK system is not working yet and it would be fixed too,  that reload bug would be fixed also and there's much of those smaller bugs (and bigers that I just can't remember now). And hopefully they won't make stupid updates like to new patch like this new rank system is.. That old rank system was great but now you can just take any unlock that you want even it suck because you'll get next unlock in few hours.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6781|Toronto | Canada

AA should be MUCH stronger and more accurate
shortah
Oh did you want that tank?
+0|6813|Mechanicsville, VA

Winston_Churchill wrote:

Why don't you just get rid of aircraft than if you think aa should be stronger an more accurate... AA is strong enough as it is... it just has glitches in its aiming system which need to be corrected.
section9
+9|6889|USA
Maybe add some more unlocks and awards....
oberst_enzian
+234|6785|melb.au

shortah wrote:

Winston_Churchill wrote:

Why don't you just get rid of aircraft than if you think aa should be stronger an more accurate... AA is strong enough as it is... it just has glitches in its aiming system which need to be corrected.
not really - if I can hit a slow moving blackhawk with mobile AA cannons until the cannons OVERHEAT, and barely get it to smoke, then they are not powerful enough. I do more damage with an LMG ffs

oh, btw, my vote goes for the server browser. it never shows the right map info for a server, never shows the right amount of players, etc etc, plus, it takes sooooooo long for it to do anything you ask it sometimes....

although, another thing I h8 now that I think about it, is the retarded bunny-hopping. there should be stamina thign where you can only jump twice in a row. that way, if you're jumping over an obstacle or whatever, fine, but it would prevent those (#$%^(Q#& you see that picked the pogo-kit and bounce around everywhere, making the game look sooo dumb, while spamming everything that moves with grenades.

Oh no - wait: the ulmiate thing. this is my definite vote, forget all that stuff above. The thing that drives me mad the most is the red bug. It happens ALL the time, and reduces people to the "why the hell do I even bother playing this goddamn thing?' state.

FIX DE RED BUG PLLLLEEEEAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZ

Last edited by oberst_enzian (2005-11-15 15:47:30)

RasorX
+17|6785|Indianapolis
Without a doubt the most annoying thing that needs to be fixed is the TK system.  Under settings they REALLY need to add an Auto-Punish feature.  I get so sick of pressing Page Down all the time.  They should also make it so you can punish more than one person, like all the people in earshot/eyeshot of the incident.  And they should give you the option of Double-Punish, why is it you only get to punish once for a TK? Lame.

Uh.

In all seriousness they should fix the repair points system.  With the two other classes you can throw out bags of health/ammo and you get easy points.  With repair you have to stand in harms way for hours upon hours cranking away with that wrench just to get a single repair point.  I would wager in the time it takes to crank your wrench to get one repair point you could throw out health/ammo to people in need, getting a point for each, and get 10-20 points of heal/supply.  I could see why they wouldnt let you throw out repair bags, the armor whoring would be ridiculous.  But they should reduce the time/points it takes to actually earn 1 repair point.  I don't think it's even possible to legitimately get the expert repair badge.  It takes 15-20 seconds of repairing to get the a single point, at 25 points for the badge that's approaching 10 solid minutes in a round of just repairing.

The AA sites need better AI too.  If you've played this game for longer than 10 seconds you know they're quite useless.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6789|The United Center
i really have to agree with the AA.  its pointless to use stinger sites and the only thing AA vehicles are good for is taking out infantry and transports...and sometimes APCs.  all it takes is one good pilot in a game to basically win the game for his side.

other than that, ive been having a new glitch that kind of goes along with the red name glitch...only its the opposite.  enemies are showing up blue...plus they have the same uniform on that i do...i start getting shot by them, i die, then i see Nub[L85A1]ThomasMorgan.  it makes me paranoid to the point i want to shoot anyone who points their gun at me...

the reload glitch is kind of a pain, but i havent been screwed over by it much...or at all.

The TK punish thing isnt even a glitch...it just shouldnt be in the game.  out of all the times i've been TKed or TKed someone else...only one of them was on purpose.  a guy shot me for throwing a grenade near him.  TK punish is just stupid.
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6883|Missoula, MT
I'd like to see the demotions start.  They have the sound for it...now make it so! 
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6851|Marathon, Florida Keys
dont fix stingers...i like them the way they are, the little bell going off means someone is asking to get killed.

Accually AA works fine, all you have to do is wait unitll there coming straight at you, then fire.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6789|The United Center

RasorX wrote:

Without a doubt the most annoying thing that needs to be fixed is the TK system.  Under settings they REALLY need to add an Auto-Punish feature.  I get so sick of pressing Page Down all the time.  They should also make it so you can punish more than one person, like all the people in earshot/eyeshot of the incident.  And they should give you the option of Double-Punish, why is it you only get to punish once for a TK? Lame.

Uh.

In all seriousness they should fix the repair points system.  With the two other classes you can throw out bags of health/ammo and you get easy points.  With repair you have to stand in harms way for hours upon hours cranking away with that wrench just to get a single repair point.  I would wager in the time it takes to crank your wrench to get one repair point you could throw out health/ammo to people in need, getting a point for each, and get 10-20 points of heal/supply.  I could see why they wouldnt let you throw out repair bags, the armor whoring would be ridiculous.  But they should reduce the time/points it takes to actually earn 1 repair point.  I don't think it's even possible to legitimately get the expert repair badge.  It takes 15-20 seconds of repairing to get the a single point, at 25 points for the badge that's approaching 10 solid minutes in a round of just repairing.

The AA sites need better AI too.  If you've played this game for longer than 10 seconds you know they're quite useless.
thats a really good point about the repair points...i forgot about that one.  its not a glitch...but youre right.  it takes forever.  also, i love how when im driving a tank, ill back off, jump out and repair it, just to get no points.  repair points should be given for anything you repair...bridges, cars, commander assets...obviously if youre repairing it, youre going to be using it and its therefore beneficial to your team.  they definitely shouldnt take as long to get either.  you can repair a tank from three bars of health to full and get absolutely nothing.

also, i thought your first paragraph was serious...i was so ready to flame you XD
LoaderX
+-1|6799|Tucson, Arizona
I say fix the folks that run over friendly mines then punish..  Then have the nerve to get pissed at you for them ignoring the BIG RED SKULL...

Those people should die. 

Otherwise, I say make customizable kits.  Want a sniper with C4 instead of claymores?  Anti tank with grenades instead of a knife?  Basically allow some items in kits to be swappable without creating a "super-troop".
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6806|Dallas

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

dont fix stingers...i like them the way they are, the little bell going off means someone is asking to get killed.

Accually AA works fine, all you have to do is wait unitll there coming straight at you, then fire.
You are an idiot.  Please don't post here again, plskthx.
oberst_enzian
+234|6785|melb.au

LoaderX wrote:

make customizable kits.  Want a sniper with C4 instead of claymores?  Anti tank with grenades instead of a knife?  Basically allow some items in kits to be swappable without creating a "super-troop".
yeah, customisable kits would be awesome! but then you'd have to be able to save certain combos, so you didn't waste time coming up with them while the rest of your team was getting pasted. But that sounds like an expansion feature, rather than something you could fix with a patch.
TK-punish system should definitely be fixed - the servers I play on have always got "do not punish team kills when you run over mines or you will be punished" - like they ever listen to this. It's simple: remove the ability to punish if you run over a friendly mine, or claymore. easy. everyone would be much happier.
Rakasan
+7|6879|California, USA
You should have added EA's Ranking System
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6806|Dallas
Well, I only had so many options I could put into the poll. 

..and BTW, thanks to everyone who voted and if you haven't voted, notice that you can choose more than one.  I think alot people only choose one and then hit submit.
Bloody Sky
+2|6886|Texas
Actually the one I would like isn't on here (you should of had an "Other")
Bu tWhat I would like to get fixed is the stupid spawn point thing. Sometimes I will click a new kit to play, pick a new spawn point to spawn at, then move my mouse down there to press "Done" yet a spawn right when I'm clicking the "Done" button and it spawns me at the old spawn point I spawned at before but with my new kit in hand.

Ugh!
I dont know about you guys, but this happens to me often and gets very annoying sometimes.
Cronjob
+1|6780|Broomfield, Colorado
+ Fix false-red-friendly glitch that causes accidentally teamkills.
+ Make a better server browser. More options. Filters working.
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6805

Speelbal wrote:

Server browser and connection issues. If that would be user-friendly I would kill myself.
so if they fix it, then you'd die?
shortah
Oh did you want that tank?
+0|6813|Mechanicsville, VA

Cougar wrote:

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

You are an idiot.  Please don't post here again, plskthx.
Or you could not be a jackass and leave him alone since he's right you f'n tard.  And if you weren't a complete dumbass you would realize that the AA works fine your just to retarded to know how to use it.
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6883|Missoula, MT
Watch that flamin' there boys... 
Jodah3
+1|6781
Didn't see my choice on the list so figured I'd add it.  I'd like to see all ranked servers have a fixed ruleset.  No 24/7 servers, no booting for clan members, only qualified admins etc etc.

There's nothing wrong with 24/7 servers, or knife/pistol servers as they can be a blast, but they should be on unranked servers only and for fun.  I believe it would help at least reduce some of the statpadding/griefing out there.

I also know it won't happen because EA won't/can't spend the money to regulate/support that many servers, but I can sure wish for it
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6794
Yeap, I agree that all AA systems in the game suck. Completely suck. Sure they should give to AA much more power and that AA should be strong enough to make a safe area arount. Because no1 is afraid of AA 2 much. If you are an average pilot + not bad gunner = AA will die. Thats isnt right... I think pilots shoul fly away from the place where AA is. Secont thing is it will be great to give AT kit AA missles. ( I guess someone said it before, sry). And the "last" thing helicopters and jets should have less armor. Its not rly hmmmm natural when attack chopper can handle a direct hit from a tank shell and just go repairs after. Thats unrealistic(sure BF2 is a half of arcade but anyway that looks stupid)... Alot of other small things but I would like to see these first

ahh yea + add <add to favorites> button in the game menu, so when you are playing on the server and you like it, you just press this button and it make this server favorite, so you dont have to search for it next time...

Last edited by Dr.Battlefield (2005-11-16 07:26:01)

[RL]Tarasque
+0|6808|Trondheim, Norway
AA is just fine, give it more juice and you can just aswell ground air veicles.

Like the AA to only lock on enemy's tho, realism be damned. TK ratio can superseed the actuall enemy kill's if your unlucky.

Last edited by [RL]Tarasque (2005-11-16 07:52:47)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard