OholibaH
The Disconnected
+0|6877
I know, i know, it's nothing special, but for me it is!

I finally got my Basic Knife Badge after spending days trying to get that ruddy thing! Just played a round Songhua and i managed to knife seven ppl

btw: is it possible to survive 7 (!!!) knife hits? i have hitten several guys a lot of times with the knife, lying beside them, behind them, on top of them... but they didn't die!! i counted every hit, they even twitched... but they didn't die! it drove me crazy as i was afraid not to get the badge, but i got, i got, i got it

hehe this day's a good day ^^
[Ahazi] Kaika
The Suicidal Soldier
+3|6802

OholibaH wrote:

I know, i know, it's nothing special, but for me it is!

I finally got my Basic Knife Badge after spending days trying to get that ruddy thing! Just played a round Songhua and i managed to knife seven ppl

btw: is it possible to survive 7 (!!!) knife hits? i have hitten several guys a lot of times with the knife, lying beside them, behind them, on top of them... but they didn't die!! i counted every hit, they even twitched... but they didn't die! it drove me crazy as i was afraid not to get the badge, but i got, i got, i got it

hehe this day's a good day ^^
Congrats!

I just got my veteran pistol, so I'm feeling good today too

And no, if the knife properly connects, it's a one-hit kill.  That's one thing that EA got right.  Keep in mind that you can't knife a prone enemy unless you are prone.

Last edited by [Ahazi] Kaika (2005-11-08 08:38:28)

LT_W.J.Kamikaza
Eat C4 SUCKAH!
+0|6827|Netherlands
Congrats m8!

Now try Vet! (i can tell you it is very tough)
OholibaH
The Disconnected
+0|6877
Kaika: hmmm yes i was prone too, but it didn't work though. strange...
I got my vet. pistol a few days ago... man was i happy ^^

Kamikaza: I got both at once, basic and veteran because i already got 50 kills ^^ (yes i tried for a very loooong time )
[Ahazi] Kaika
The Suicidal Soldier
+3|6802

OholibaH wrote:

Kaika: hmmm yes i was prone too, but it didn't work though. strange...
I got my vet. pistol a few days ago... man was i happy ^^

Kamikaza: I got both at once, basic and veteran because i already got 50 kills ^^ (yes i tried for a very loooong time )
WOW nice!!!!!
pvtepyle
+0|6807
I tried so much for my Knife i was granted my Vet knife the same moment I got my Basic... I had killed over 50 in my attempts to simply get 7 in one round.
dshak
+4|6854
I was gonna say, isn;t the vet badge the same as the basic?I have no room to talk, I've never managed to shank more than 3 or 4 in a round, and I've tried so many theories posted on here, but all any of them ever do is sap my k/d ratio, which is probably the one and only stat I give a rats ass about.

I figure, if for some reason I get 3 or 4 quickly in a round, then I'll go for it, but I'm not going to set out round by round for it anymore. Too dang frustrating.

Congrats man, on this day, I wish I was you.. haha

- soon to be Master Sergeant Dshak, as opposed to First Sergeant

----knife badge, you are my nemisis-----
Locarno
Boom!Headshot?
+2|6881|Scotland!
Definition of Prone?
[Ahazi] Kaika
The Suicidal Soldier
+3|6802

Locarno wrote:

Definition of Prone?
It's when you're laying flat on your stomach.  Default key is 'z'
Rick_Biessman
+4|6818|Germany
I thought it means to lay down, isn't it?

Edit: Hmm, too late

Last edited by Rick_Biessman (2005-11-08 08:57:19)

shaunboulton
+1|6805
i got my veteran pistol too, it was driving me crazy.
18 kills in a round, towards the end i had 16 kills, i was shouting and hitting things in frustration, i took a risk and just ran towards a group of men and fired and their heads and just before the match ended i got my badge
Eckzack
The east-german Fuxxer
+37|6885|Germany / Saxony
I got my expert on Songhua too. Just as sniper. A few days ago i did also 18 pistol kills as sniper on this map, but i hadnĀ“t 500 global pistol kills yet. So F.U.C.K.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/384f5f7318c23ecb5909f14b157d6d31e8b5a332.png

IRNV-Field 3... New School Shit...
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6788|The United Center
you can knife a prone enemy when youre crouching though, ive done it before.

i think there are some glitches with the knife though...every once in a while if an enemy is facing me when i knife him, itll make the shank sound, and dust looking stuff will come out, but he doesnt die.  then i got shot.  in the face.  this is when we're standing up too, so its not like im missing and hitting the ground.
Turtle
+7|6798|Boulder, CO
Actually I'm pretty sure you can take a knife hit if it's like in the leg. I'm pretty sure I've been damaged by a sneaky knifer before. I'm also pretty sure I've stabbed someone more than once to take them down. Pretty easy to tell when you wiff a stab. You either hear the knife hit and see some dust or you hear your arm flailing around.
AnD-MasterMatt
+0|6792|Vancouver, WA - USA
Congrats on the badge.

People always say that you should play Karkand, Sharqi, or Oman for the knife badges, but I've always believed that Songhua was a great level to get it at. Songhua is an excellent level for sneaking up on players either around the back of buildings or through the trees and bamboo. I got 6 knife kills at Songhua in less than 20 minutes a while ago. Unfortunately, the game ended before I could get my 7th kill, and even more frustrating is the fact that this happened before the 1.03 patch reduced the requirements for the basic knife badge. So I still have to get my basic knife, which I don't think will be much trouble. I just haven't dedicated any round to actually getting it yet. When I finally decided to dedicate a round to getting my basic pistol badge it was a cinch. I actually got 11 pistol kills in the round, but I hadn't yet reached the 50 global pistol kills I needed to get my veteran pistol badge with it. I'll probably go for my basic knife, veteran knife, and veteran pistol this week.
OholibaH
The Disconnected
+0|6877
Yeah, but being hit by a knife SEVEN TIMES?

you may say "you didn't hit them..."... yes i did hit them! thy twitched as if they were knifed i thought thes were dead, but they moved on, so i did it again and again and again... but i got shot... veeery strange!
JeSTeR_Player1
Flying Solo
+98|6811|Canada, Ont
Oooh Shiney, Look At The Shiney

Basic Not Shiney You Want The Shiney.
BladeRunner
+5|6790|UK
Nice one, dude. I understand your struggle!
{AW}Hatey
+0|6809|Texas
I don't know if this helps but I use the Zboard and reprogrammed the knife key directly above up so I could switch fast. I also did that with the pistol when I got it. Just a hint for those of us with a Zboard
dsb
+0|6818
getting the knife badge for me was a pain in the arse...I can't believe I have to do it again for my vet.  I'm thinking I'm going to try and get my vet pistol tonight...anyone feel like standing still? j/k of course.

Last edited by dsb (2005-11-08 10:20:19)

[Ahazi] Kaika
The Suicidal Soldier
+3|6802

dsb wrote:

getting the knife badge for me was a pain in the arse...I can't believe I have to do it again for my vet.  I'm thinking I'm going to try and get my vet pistol tonight...anyone feel like standing still? j/k of course.
Here's a friendly piece of advice: pistol snipe, pistol snipe, pistol snipe.  It will make everything go so much smoother.  I got mine on a Wake server with few people on it.
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6823|The Hague, Holland

LT_W.J.Kamikaza wrote:

Congrats m8!

Now try Vet! (i can tell you it is very tough)
veteran aint shit, expert is a bitch.
vjs
+19|6812
What are you kidding vet is nothing to sneeze at, sure if your doing some kind of trick. Another guy in an explosives thread said...

Expert explosives isn't that difficult at all...

"I got it yesterday without really even trying, all I did was jump in a helicopter with 5 other guys, and engineer so we weren't shot out of the sky, a support guy so I was constantly rearmed, a medic incase I got shot, and a decent chopper pilot, so he could fly exatly over top of the enemy as the commander was doing UAV, I simply sat there and was C4 bombing, must have had 50 kills easy"

O.K. so it was easy for you to get, did YOU get it humm maybe, but it took 6 other guys to help.

Neither Vet knife nor basic are easy to get, basic is actually harder IMHO. You don't have the experience.

Vet Medic, Attack, Assult, Engineer etc, are not difficult to get either, neither is expert for that matter. You just have to jump in a tank and have a good round. But I don't think you should be able to use armour to get the badge. I think thats was basic and vet armor are for.

Sorry I take that back Expert knife is really really simple to get, all you have to do is run over to the enemy base where your 18 friends are waiting for you. Get them to stand in a line and run by stabbing each of them, got mine this way in under 5 minutes playing kubra dam. I suppose you could do it with 5 friends it would just take longer.

Last edited by vjs (2005-11-08 11:11:57)

Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6823|The Hague, Holland

vjs wrote:

What are you kidding vet is nothing to sneeze at, sure if your doing some kind of trick. Another guy in an explosives thread said...

Expert explosives isn't that difficult at all...

"I got it yesterday without really even trying, all I did was jump in a helicopter with 5 other guys, and engineer so we weren't shot out of the sky, a support guy so I was constantly rearmed, a medic incase I got shot, and a decent chopper pilot, so he could fly exatly over top of the enemy as the commander was doing UAV, I simply sat there and was C4 bombing, must have had 50 kills easy"

O.K. so it was easy for you to get, did YOU get it humm maybe, but it took 6 other guys to help.

Neither Vet knife nor basic are easy to get, basic is actually harder IMHO. You don't have the experience.

Vet Medic, Attack, Assult, Engineer etc, are not difficult to get either, neither is expert for that matter. You just have to jump in a tank and have a good round. But I don't think you should be able to use armour to get the badge. I think thats was basic and vet armor are for.

Sorry I take that back Expert knife is really really simple to get, all you have to do is run over to the enemy base where your 18 friends are waiting for you. Get them to stand in a line and run by stabbing each of them, got mine this way in under 5 minutes playing kubra dam. I suppose you could do it with 5 friends it would just take longer.
Honestly, I got both my Vet Pistol and Vet Knife on the same day, in only 2 rounds of Karkand. Its real easy.
Just run up to some guy, pull out your knife and there you go.
As for the pistol.
Get close to your enemy with your pistol equipped and with a little luck youll get the Vet Pistol.

These 2 were easy!

Now Im trying for the basic explosives badge =/ Crappy ass 13 kills.
whosthedizzle
+0|6791
Congrats!!!, my hats off to ya. I just received my basic knife badge last night oh sweetness managed to get a total of 9 kills IAR.  Now its on to the vet badge already have 50 kills with the knife so eventually it will happen soon.  Just wanted to let you know how much suffering I went through to get it it was a BIOTCH!!!!

[img]http://bf2s.com/player/48237002/sig.png[/img]
[img]http://bf2s.com/player/48237002/sig5.png[/img]
[img]http://bf2s.com/player/48237002/sig3.png[/img]
[img]http://bf2s.com/player/48237002/awards.jpg[/img]

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard