Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5372|London, England

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

i think vaporizers are terrible and a gateway for children to start smoking.  Plus it's really fucking weird to hear people talk about their "vaping" hobby.
No one is gonna go from vaping to smoking. Who wants to smell like shit all day?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6487|6 6 4 oh, I forget

I might go there on a beer run in a month. The alco is so much cheaper there that you can put your car on a ferry and fill it to the roof and you'll save plenty of money. Even if you count in the cost of the trip with the car included and compare the bought amount of beer bought in Finland. It's funny because the Finns drag back here is made over here. The trucks take it to Tallinn and the tourists take it back immediately. Gotta love that taxation.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6646|949

Jay wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

i think vaporizers are terrible and a gateway for children to start smoking.  Plus it's really fucking weird to hear people talk about their "vaping" hobby.
No one is gonna go from vaping to smoking. Who wants to smell like shit all day?
when you started smoking was the smell something you thought about before you picked it up?

FYI you still smell like shit when you vape.  Just because it tastes like vanilla cream when you suck in and blow out doesn't mean you aren't getting smoke particles stuck to your hair and clothing.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6723|England. Stoke

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Jay wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

when you started smoking was the smell something you thought about before you picked it up?

FYI you still smell like shit when you vape.  Just because it tastes like vanilla cream when you suck in and blow out doesn't mean you aren't getting smoke particles stuck to your hair and clothing.
There isn't smoke though it's vapour, nothing is burning.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6646|949

that's what they want you to think.  I used a vaporizor for a while just to try it out.  Makes your hair and clothes smell like smoke.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6723|England. Stoke
I suppose there will be some nicotine odour but, again that will depend on the strength and how much you use it I guess. Certainly gonna less than actual smoking.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Jay wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I went from spending around $300/month on cigarettes to around $5 in liquid. I'm telling you, no one is making the transition. Why risk cancer, spend more money and smell like shit when the alternative gets you your nicotine fix just as well? Sorry, the nannies can fuck off on this one.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

coke wrote:

I suppose there will be some nicotine odour but, again that will depend on the strength and how much you use it I guess. Certainly gonna less than actual smoking.
There's really no comparison. You're more likely to smell like your lunch than the infinitesimal amount of nicotine residue. Smokers smell like smokers.
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+636|3733
Has the FDA even approved the vaporizer juice? You may be putting worse chemicals into your body than by smoking since no one knows what is in each different manufacturers bottles.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

that's what they want you to think.  I used a vaporizor for a while just to try it out.  Makes your hair and clothes smell like smoke.
No idea how you had that experience. Nothing is being burned. There's no plant matter. It's vegetable oil, a bit of flavorant and nicotine that gets boiled off into steam. If you're smelling burning you held the button too long and fried your atomizer.
-Frederick Bastiat
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6487|6 6 4 oh, I forget

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

My cousin vaporized his ass off one night when we were playing Arkham Horror and there was no smoke or smell afterwards in the house.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6646|949

Jay wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Jay wrote:

I went from spending around $300/month on cigarettes to around $5 in liquid. I'm telling you, no one is making the transition. Why risk cancer, spend more money and smell like shit when the alternative gets you your nicotine fix just as well? Sorry, the nannies can fuck off on this one.
huh?  What's this about nannies and why is that relevant?  Were you worried about nicotine and cancer when you started smoking?  My point is that people become accustomed to the act and feel of smoking through vaporizors, so it's not unfathomable to think a teenager that is familiar with smoking a vape starts smoking cigarettes.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6646|949

Jay wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

No idea how you had that experience. Nothing is being burned. There's no plant matter. It's vegetable oil, a bit of flavorant and nicotine that gets boiled off into steam. If you're smelling burning you held the button too long and fried your atomizer.
I didn't smell burning.  Maybe it's the residue from the juice, but I could definitely smell something in my hair and clothes, and it didn't smell like the juice I was using.  It smelled like stale smoke.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+636|3733
They have THC juice?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6646|949

yep.  take it to the marijuana thread
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6723|England. Stoke

Jay wrote:

coke wrote:

There's really no comparison. You're more likely to smell like your lunch than the infinitesimal amount of nicotine residue. Smokers smell like smokers.
I'm agreeing with you.

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Jay wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I didn't smell burning.  Maybe it's the residue from the juice, but I could definitely smell something in my hair and clothes, and it didn't smell like the juice I was using.  It smelled like stale smoke.
Nicotine can smell like stale smoke but as said it's gonna be nowhere near as strong as when you're smoking, and probably only detecable if you are literally sniffing your clothes.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Jay wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

huh?  What's this about nannies and why is that relevant?  Were you worried about nicotine and cancer when you started smoking?  My point is that people become accustomed to the act and feel of smoking through vaporizors, so it's not unfathomable to think a teenager that is familiar with smoking a vape starts smoking cigarettes.
No, I was 18 and didn't give a thought to cancer or nicotine addiction. I'm telling you from experience, hardly anyone who vapes is going to use it as a gateway to smoking. Going from vaping to smoking isn't like going from prescription drugs to heroin, there's no bigger high to chase, only downside.
-Frederick Bastiat
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6723|England. Stoke
The situation where it will happen is if people are out having a drink etc. and you haven't got/can't use your vapourise so you have a cigarette from someone instead.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Yeah, but that's a one-off. You're not gonna forget your vaporizer and go buy a carton
-Frederick Bastiat
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6723|England. Stoke

Jay wrote:

Yeah, but that's a one-off. You're not gonna forget your vaporizer and go buy a carton
That's my point.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6636|Little Bentcock
ken go to the snow in japan
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3974|SL,UT

it's a trap! not that much snow in Japan!

https://i.imgur.com/jJz1lOk.jpg
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6687|Cardiff, Capital of Wales

Ultrafunkula wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

My cousin vaporized his ass off one night when we were playing Arkham Horror and there was no smoke or smell afterwards in the house.
No you dont Ken and you dont get 'brown finger' from it too.  My breath goes a bit stale as before but the vape dont smell on my clothes or when I have been vaping.

It's only condenfuckingsation
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6687|Cardiff, Capital of Wales

Jay wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I dont know any kids with £30 to start this habit off, or ones that want to choke like fuck for 3 days while their lungs get used to having liquid droplets on them.

Most of the anti vape stuff still comes from tobacco companies or people after a bit of attention.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+636|3733
So Charlie sheen says he has HIV. I guess he shouldn't have shared blood with tigers.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard