https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/525016_10151220436443416_1738908374_n.jpg

Moonrise Kingdom 9/10 classic wes anderson A+ soundtrack and visuals. Coming of age story with blooming love. bruce willis, ed norton, and even a lil bill murray. but this kid, sam shakusky, is the staaaar
https://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbupbtW6j31rxpqxto1_1280.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6785|PNW

AussieReaper wrote:

You just got told by Warman! How does that make you feel?
Belittled.
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6205|Roma
Dead Snow (or "Dod Sno" in Norweigen) - 8/10
From the makers of Troll hunter, Nazi zombies in the arctic circle. Wasn't sure how serious it was to start with, then I was left in no doubt. Good fun.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6785|PNW

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Old, but:

Zangief, Bowser, Eggman cameo in new Disney flick (Wreck-It Ralph)

Will watch in Nov.
https://i.imgur.com/kM0NO.jpg
Damn recession hit everyone.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6237|Escea

Skyfall 10/10

Awesome Bond movie, and Bardem was (again) an awesome villain. Certainly wasn't expecing the ending.

Spoiler (highlight to read):
But the car!
best exotic marigold hotel 6/10 burnzy you were right. it's a foagie movie/for retirees
/
quarantine 2  7.5/10 infection spreads on a plane, oh no!(don't eat the fish) pretty good for a horror movie.
/
woah this evil dead remake is much diff than the orig evil dead 1/2 style. realistic gory
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6425|'Murka

I Love You Man - 7/10

A pretty funny (if utterly predictable) comedy. The awkwardness of the main character (Paul Rudd) + Jason Segel hits just the right notes. You feel so very uncomfortable for Rudd's character, you can't help but laugh.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Benzin
+576|6012

AussieReaper wrote:

A staple of the superhero mythology is, there's the superhero and there's the alter ego. Batman is actually Bruce Wayne, Spider-Man is actually Peter Parker. When that character wakes up in the morning, he's Peter Parker. He has to put on a costume to become Spider-Man. And it is in that characteristic Superman stands alone. Superman didn't become Superman. Superman was born Superman. When Superman wakes up in the morning, he's Superman. His alter ego is Clark Kent. His outfit with the big red "S", that's the blanket he was wrapped in as a baby when the Kents found him. Those are his clothes. What Kent wears - the glasses, the business suit - that's the costume. That's the costume Superman wears to blend in with us. Clark Kent is how Superman views us. And what are the characteristics of Clark Kent. He's weak... he's unsure of himself... he's a coward. Clark Kent is Superman's critique on the whole human race.
Actually you're half right. In the case of Batman/Bruce Wayne it's actually Bruce Wayne that is the cover. Batman is Batman. Bruce Wayne is the disguise - this is alliterated to in every Batman film, comic, video game, etc.

KuSTaV wrote:

Looper
6.5/10
what the fuck. he should have fucking shot the kid. fucking gay movie. fuck. and why does whatshisface look so fucking weird.

other than that, it was alright.
I liked it. And yea, prosthetic make up to make him look more like a younger Bruce Willis.

FEOS wrote:

Looper - 7/10

Interesting concept; has you pulling for and against the same guy simultaneously.

What amazed me was the subtle, but very effective make up and Gordon-Leavitt's ability to "become" Bruce Willis. Mannerisms, etc...down cold.

Did anyone else notice the rocket trail in the sky when Bruce Willis first appeared?
Can't say that I caught that part. The ending I had also not expected at all.
Brasso
+1,549|6644

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

woah this evil dead remake is much diff than the orig evil dead 1/2 style. realistic gory
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … eBXUyuv4Q0
that looks gooood.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Benzin
+576|6012
Cabin in the Woods - wtf/10

Easily one of the stupidest movies I've ever seen. I can see the satirical sense behind it but at the same time the movie is just so lame. Maybe that's the point, though.
HITNRUNXX
+220|6723|Oklahoma City
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter 7+/10

I expected to hate it... I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was fun. It had a lull in the middle or it might have been higher. For such a stupid concept, it was surprisingly entertaining. Was working on a project that I ended up putting down to pay attention to the movie. That is the opposite of most movies lately. Watching again tonight with a group of friends. Might push the score up Slightly. Don't think it will go down.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6753|Toronto | Canada

i thought it was kinda... meh.  he went from 10 year old pipsqueak to professional, axe-wielding vampire hunter in about 45 seconds.  bored me
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6487|6 6 4 oh, I forget

M.O.A.B wrote:

Skyfall 10/10

Awesome Bond movie, and Bardem was (again) an awesome villain. Certainly wasn't expecing the ending.

But the car!
Gud movie! 8/10

Bardem was awesome Spoiler (highlight to read):
I kinda was expecting the end when Ralph started to fire M
There we were minding our own business, just doing chores around the house, when kids started killing themselves all over my property.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6425|'Murka

Taken 2 - 8/10

Not as good as the first, IMO. Seemed a bit too forced to get them back into the situation.

But still a good action flick.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4856|Amsterdam
The first one was terrible
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6237|Escea

Kampframmer wrote:

https://i.qkme.me/3q7au5.jpg
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6337|Graz, Austria
"Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" - nuked the fridge/10
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6120|eXtreme to the maX
Dredd - 8.5/10

It wasn't a bad film by itself, I enjoyed reliving my childhood of poring over 2000AD every week, picking up some of the obscure references, and it was dead-on as a true-to-the-original film - right down to Dredd's trademark jaw and downturned scowl.

It'll be interesting to see how it plays, as the fanbase must be fairly small.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6205|Roma
Still trying ot find a decent torrent of Moonrise Kingdom. Wtf.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

There we were minding our own business, just doing chores around the house, when kids started killing themselves all over my property.
dale and tucker vs evil  8/10  this is full of laughs, im only upset i waited to watch this for so long.
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6728|US

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

dale and tucker vs evil  8/10  this is full of laughs, im only upset i waited to watch this for so long.
It was hilarious!
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5599

Now that Disney owns the star wars franchise you will sure as shit get a chance to buy the original trilogy without the '97 and '05 edits. Less than sold on the planned episodes 7-9 though.

Marvel was just bought by Disney a little while ago so expect some star wars-x men cross over stuff. Lots of cool stuff to be expected
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6646|949

Kampframmer wrote:

i didn't think it was terrible, it just wasn't an awesome movie.  But I think you know exactly what to expect from a movie like that.  It's just a run-of-the-mill action movie, albeit with a mascara-wearing effeminate antagonist.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6167|what

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

i didn't think it was terrible, it just wasn't an awesome movie.  But I think you know exactly what to expect from a movie like that.  It's just a run-of-the-mill action movie, albeit with a mascara-wearing effeminate Muslim antagonist.
fixed that for you.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard