PigPopTart
Shotgun whore
+133|6309|Pacific NW, USA
LOL.   IT'S CUSTOM BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Bragging about how much you spent to modify it to your (shitty) preference as if it's to add value.
gj idiot.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5494|Ventura, California

-Whiteroom- wrote:

From those muscles I'd have to say a stone mason. May need the F350.

Get a bike shifty, chicks dig bikes.
I do want a motorcycle later. I found a kawasaki ninja in red and black for 3500 as well. It's a fairly new one and is the 250R.

edit: reading through the six pages now.

Last edited by -Sh1fty- (2012-03-08 16:54:32)

And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
HITNRUNXX
+220|6730|Oklahoma City

Christbane wrote:

why anyone would spend $5000 to buy a new PT cruiser let alone a paint job for one  that is fucking hideous
In all honesty and seriousness, please no one buy a PT Cruiser. I don't care what the crash test ratings say about it, those things are death traps. I have seen so many people die in those in ridiculously low speed impacts... At least anything older than a 2007 or so... SO they could have changed something, but seriously, why risk it? I actually saw a couple collisions with motorcycles at low speed that killed everyone in the PT and the guy on the motorcycle lived... YES, I am saying a motorcycle is safer than a PT Cruiser.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5279|foggy bottom

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Let me start by saying I only know how to drive and maintain a car. I don't know which brands are better, or anything about engines. I have $3500 to spend on a car, that is my entire bank account. I don't know what I need to do with the DMV besides register a new vehicle, and I also heard I'll have to pay some kind of tax.

I'm a straight-A student with 0 driving violations or accidents in 1 year. So I hear that will help with insurance. I'm 19.

So for those of you know know anything about cars. Please suggest models and whatnot, and insurance plans. I'm clueless.

I need a car to get me from point A to point B with at least 4 people inside. I also will need to be able to transport things often so a pickup or a vehicle with a big trunk is a must.  I won't be driving it every day, probably every other day or less. I'd like to get a decent car that will last me a while though. Here are some cars I've found on craigslist that interest me.

This one is really appealing to me.
2003 Ford Focus ZX5

This one would chug gas like crazy but since I wouldn't use it too much it shouldn't be a problem.
1994 Ford F150

This is a truck I've been aiming for. They have low MPG and still fit 4 people, although not too confortably. This one has 350k miles on it though.
1994 Ford Ranger

This ranger has less miles but has more exterior and interior wear-and-tear.
2001 Ford Ranger

This Ranger is probably my favorite
1997 Ford Ranger

Not sure what else to say.

TLDR: Looking for car, got $3500. Needs to get me from point A to B without using too much gas, and needs trunk space or bed, must seat 4.
if you gt financed through my company let me know
Tu Stultus Es
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6757|Oxferd Ohire

HITNRUNXX wrote:

Christbane wrote:

why anyone would spend $5000 to buy a new PT cruiser let alone a paint job for one  that is fucking hideous
In all honesty and seriousness, please no one buy a PT Cruiser. I don't care what the crash test ratings say about it, those things are death traps. I have seen so many people die in those in ridiculously low speed impacts... At least anything older than a 2007 or so... SO they could have changed something, but seriously, why risk it? I actually saw a couple collisions with motorcycles at low speed that killed everyone in the PT and the guy on the motorcycle lived... YES, I am saying a motorcycle is safer than a PT Cruiser.
and prettier
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Reciprocity
+721|6601|the dank(super) side of Oregon

-Sh1fty- wrote:

TLDR: Looking for car, got $3500. Needs to get me from point A to B without using too much gas, and needs trunk space or bed, must seat 4.
Look for these cars in this order:

Honda Accord
Honda Civic
Toyota Corolla
Toyota Camry
chevy cobalt -surprisingly robust little heaps.

Stick to the 4 cyl. engines, and an average mileage below 20k/year.  Nissan manufactures garbage, Mazdas are almost always poorly maintained and anything from Korea is shit.  Ford focuses are junk after about 50k miles,  they tend to fall apart precipitously.  Any taurus you could afford would be shit.  And avoid anything dodge -in your price range all that's left is crap.

but $3500 won't get you very far, especially in california.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6588|Mountains of NC

Dilbert_X wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

hmmmmmmm we don't like rice burning cars .......... corolla been the #1 selling car for how many years
Sh1fty - Buy a Corolla, they're cheap, popular and reliable, and it'll make Jay angry - its win-win.
Unless you're expecting snow in California or don't have $50 to rent a van when you need to move stuff.
California
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5199|Sydney

Reciprocity wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Honda Accord
Honda Civic
Toyota Corolla
Toyota Camry

Stick to the 4 cyl. engines, and an average mileage below 20k/year.  Nissan manufactures garbage, Mazdas are almost always poorly maintained and anything from Korea is shit.  Ford focuses are junk after about 50k miles,  they tend to fall apart precipitously.  Any taurus you could afford would be shit.  And avoid anything dodge -in your price range all that's left is crap.

I don't know that much about cars but in my 10 years of driving experience I'd say this is pretty true ^
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

Reciprocity wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Honda Accord
Honda Civic
Toyota Corolla
Toyota Camry

the cobalt possibly

but finding those others could be near impossible in Cali on a budget of $3500 with acceptable mileage ... unless he found salvage titled one

might want to look into suzuki
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6757|Oxferd Ohire
cobalt must be bipolar then
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Reciprocity

SEREMAKER wrote:

but finding those others could be near impossible in Cali on a budget of $3500 with acceptable mileage ... unless he found salvage titled one

might want to look into suzuki
he'd be looking for something from the mid to late 90's.  Suzukis are almost always in very poor condition.  Generally people that can afford suzukis, mazdas and korean shit can't afford maintenance so you end up buyiing all kinds of little and big problems.
-MetaL*
Sup guies
+157|5654|Southern California
I'm surprised Shifty didn't list a M1A1 Abrams, HMMWV, or a Willys MB as his first vehicle to buy.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
but what about all those nice rangers I showed? I asked some friends who have rangers and they say they're great little pickups with good MPG and whatnot.

I'd be added onto my mom's insurance. So my insurance would be cheap.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

-Sh1fty- wrote:

but what about all those nice rangers I showed? I asked some friends who have rangers and they say they're great little pickups with good MPG and whatnot.

none of those

the 94 ranger has 350K ..... your playing russian roulette with that one

the 01 one ..... would be the better of the deal but his " some dents and scratches " seems to over look the front bumper ..... I doubt its a 1 owner and he also left ALOT of info needed but wants to make sure that you know that the locks work
I would throw down $2400 and nothing over

the 97 one ............ its a 4 banger .......... stop right there
Reciprocity

-Sh1fty- wrote:

but what about all those nice rangers I showed?
the 4cyl. rangers are ok,  the old sohc 2.3l was about the best 4cyl. they ever made.  the 4.0l ohv and ohc v6s fucking suck.  but if you wan't a good little pickup, get a 4cyl. tacoma.

the only little pickup I'd own with a v6 would be an s10 with a 4.3l.

Last edited by Reciprocity (2012-03-08 20:35:14)

-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

SEREMAKER wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

none of those

the 01 one ..... would be the better of the deal but his " some dents and scratches " seems to over look the front bumper ..... I doubt its a 1 owner and he also left ALOT of info needed but wants to make sure that you know that the locks work

what do you think of the ~190k one? what does 4banger mean?

Last edited by -Sh1fty- (2012-03-08 20:39:11)

SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

Reciprocity wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

but what about all those nice rangers I showed?
the 4cyl. rangers are ok,  the old sohc 2.3l was about the best 4cyl. they ever made.  the 4.0l ohv and ohc v6s fucking suck.  but if you wan't a good little pickup, get a 4cyl. tacoma.

the only little pickup I'd own with a v6 would be an s10 with a 4.3l.
Loved my 94 toyota pickup ......... it was a series beast , couldn't pull but was the best

and that 4.3 can go the distance from here to the sun and back and still plow through a wall ... that is one incredible v6
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

-Sh1fty- wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

none of those

the owner seems to miss the dent by the driver side fender ..... since its a 4x2 .... maybe

$2000 would be the limit
Reciprocity

SEREMAKER wrote:

Loved my 94 toyota pickup ......... it was a series beast , couldn't pull but was the best
toyota makes the best little trucks.  been true since about 1978.  their v6 engines are too fragile and should be avoided but they make the best 4 cylinder engines. 

and that 4.3 can go the distance from here to the sun and back and still plow through a wall ... that is one incredible v6
the 4.3 is good because it's literally a small block 350 with two cylinders removed.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

SEREMAKER wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

none of those

the owner seems to miss the dent by the driver side fender ..... since its a 4x2 .... maybe

$2000 would be the limit
Ok so should I call him and ask if a friend of mine and I can have a look at his truck. Then I'll try to talk him down to 2.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

Reciprocity wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

toyota makes the best little trucks.  been true since about 1978.  their v6 engines are too fragile and should be avoided but they make the best 4 cylinder engines. 

the 4.3 is good because it's literally a small block 350 with two cylinders removed.
I wish I still had my toyota ....... bought with 40,000 miles on it and then went trucking around the country in the marines .... sold it off to my business with just under 250K .... went another 250K before it got destroyed by one of the drivers

we had a 93 s-10 that had something like 400K and could pull like mule
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
Toyota pickups are beast
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

-Sh1fty- wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

$2000 would be the limit
Ok so should I call him and ask if a friend of mine and I can have a look at his truck. Then I'll try to talk him down to 2.
get a carfax

see if you can get time to have a mechanic to look at also

if you're satisfied with the vehicle .... take out the $2K place on the hood .......... take it or leave .......... worse he can say is No and you get robbed

j/k ........... worse he can say is No and you leave and try again
jsnipy
+3,276|6543|...

take sere with you and he will not be able to refuse
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
Damn he'll give it to me for FREE if Sere is with me.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard