-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5490|Ventura, California

coke wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Yeah the rate of fire on the coaxial .50 is too slow for me to hit targets running perpendicular to my aim. The canister shell usually takes care of that very effectively and does good damage to helicopters and jets, but I cannot hit anything very far away with it.

I find the .50 HMG looks utterly retarded on tanks. Why would they copy-paste the .50 from the commander turret onto the freaking 120mm as if it were a strapped on with duct-tape.
Because that's what they do in real life?!?

coke wrote:

Shifty BF2s resident military hardware expert!
I stand corrected.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
PigPopTart
Shotgun whore
+133|6306|Pacific NW, USA

m3thod wrote:

trying. to. resist. posting. c.s.b.

ah fuck it

Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Hey, fuck you pal.  That was a legitimate post about something odd.
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5701|SQUID

PigPopTart wrote:

m3thod wrote:

ah fuck it

Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me.
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|6358|Atlanta, Georgia

The A W S M F O X wrote:

PigPopTart wrote:

m3thod wrote:

ah fuck it

Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me.
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter do not intrigue me.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6360
C-C-C-C-C-Combobreaker!
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6730|Purplicious Wisconsin

-Sh1fty- wrote:

coke wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Yeah the rate of fire on the coaxial .50 is too slow for me to hit targets running perpendicular to my aim. The canister shell usually takes care of that very effectively and does good damage to helicopters and jets, but I cannot hit anything very far away with it.

I find the .50 HMG looks utterly retarded on tanks. Why would they copy-paste the .50 from the commander turret onto the freaking 120mm as if it were a strapped on with duct-tape.
Because that's what they do in real life?!?

coke wrote:

Shifty BF2s resident military hardware expert!
I stand corrected.
I don't find it retarded, gun is out of the way of any of the crew's sights and it allows the turret gunner to have a rape machine gun that the .50 cal is. If you want something to criticize, criticize the Abrams' reticle, it is the color of green instead of the same orange color that the t90 in battlefield uses.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6675|BC, Canada
fucking ejection ports............
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6303|eng
I really don't know what to make of this game. I've played it a small amount since release and i'm not really a massive fan. For a few reasons:

- Origin is a terrible program.
- Battlelog. What was so wrong with an in-game server browser? I'd really love to see the market research behind that move. Although I doubt that would be possible as it quite likely doesn't exist. Battlelog is a terrible platform that breaks constantly. There is no need for it in any way, shape or form.
- Some of the guns have a ridiculously small amount of recoil, like the MG36, or pretty much any assault rifle apart from the AN94. A foregrip with stock sights or the Kobra sight on any rifle and the game just becomes so easy.
- The fact that with the use of certain ammo, the USAS12 becomes a portable canon.
- Sniping is just stupid. You can shoot roughly a cm (on your screen not in-game) to the left or right of someone's head and it will register as a hit, which takes me to my next point:
- Roughly 100% of the time I hit people in the head with a sniper rifle, they just shrug it off. And no, i'm not missing. I don't really understand it myself, and i'm aware it happens to other people, it just seems to happen to me a lot more.
- The amount of damage that explosives do are beyond words. Shooting an RPG at someones feet i'm pretty confident would reduce them to a red mist, NOT ON BATTLEFIELD 3. Grenades are the same, although this can be a blessing, especially when playing Metro.
- The entire game just feels clumsy. The movement, the actions, everything just feels heavy and clunky. You can't clip objects effectively because the broken game engine makes your gun shudder as if you've got Parkinsons every time you change stance.
- The game is actually called Bad Company 3, but silly old EA forgot the Bad Company part on the box.
- The recreation of Karkand makes me desperately sad. They've taken a great map and made it horrible. The fact that you can go in almost any building means that as soon as you move from cover, you're shot by about 17 different people prone on a roof with a PKP or something similar.
- The fact that 100% of support players are completely retarded. It is not a hard class to play, you can point farm like no other kit because so few people use it. A well placed ammo bag is 800-1000 points easily. Plus people who actually have hands can stay alive for more than 4 kills and will need ammo rather than running around with an MP443.
- Anybody who has ever used a mortar needs to be banned from the game, and every subsequent Battlefield game.
- The game has such a large amount of things to customise and change, like sights, camos, gadgets etc. This is on one hand a good thing, as you can tailor the class you want to play to suit you specifically. On the other hand, I can't help but feel the game is over-complicated. The last FPS game I truly enjoyed online was CoD4, a relatively simple game if you compare it to the later incarnations of the same series. The same is true with BF2, it was simple. 7 classes, 1 default gun and 2 unlocks in each. Less is more.
- I shall end my bullet points on a positive note. The maps are actually pretty good. They've fucked Karkand up, but it's still a well designed and playable map if you play it intelligently. Sharqi is good, Oman is average but it was never anything more. The stock maps are good too, apart from the utterly hateful Seine Crossing, most of them are actually quite enjoyable. The CoD series hasn't managed to produce a decent map since 2007, so EA/Dice at least have an advantage on that one.

I just don't think the game works properly. It doesn't deserve to be the sequel to BF2. Yes BF2 had a whole other set of problems, but they were problems that weren't so major. The game was playable, and I found myself actively wanting to play the game. I have never really wanted to play BF3, I only ever play when my uni housemates or some friends from CoD4 want to play.

So to summarise my early morning result of not being able to sleep rant, and for those who need a TL;DR, the point is this. The game doesn't do anything catastrophically wrong, but in my opinion there is nothing remarkable about it either. I can't help but feel that Dice missed the mark on this one.
#rekt
Reciprocity
+721|6597|the dank(super) side of Oregon
it's fun but it's not the same.  squad spawning single handedly destroyed the bf concept of conquest.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5490|Ventura, California
That and 4 man squads.

I liked how in BF2 there were 7 kits instead of these all-in-one kits. The BF2142 system was pretty good though and resembles BF3 but for some reason it doesn't play the same.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
jsnipy
+3,276|6539|...

support having explosives is a big reason for that imo
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6340|Graz, Austria

Mint Sauce wrote:

- Origin is a terrible program.
I haven't had any problems with it so far, except for login problems due to totally hammered servers during the B2K release.
In fact, I had more annoying problems with Steam in its early days (2005/2006) than with Origin.

The only thing that I'd like to have:
--a clock in the in-game overlay
--an option to import friends from Battlelog to Origin, to be able to use the in-game chat. (The other way round works.)

Mint Sauce wrote:

- Battlelog. What was so wrong with an in-game server browser? I'd really love to see the market research behind that move. Although I doubt that would be possible as it quite likely doesn't exist. Battlelog is a terrible platform that breaks constantly. There is no need for it in any way, shape or form.
I really hated the in-game server browser of BF2. It was totally laggy and unresponsive.
Now, the server browser is running in my webbrowser, completely separated from the game. I can join a server and load maps much faster, and what's even better, cancel the loading and return to the server browser. The latter works in an instant.

Another good thing is, that the devs can now update the server browser backend separately from the game, without needing to release (and test) a new patch.

And finally, the requirement to login with Battlelog on EA's servers and running the server browser from there, gives them total control and makes hacked/modified servers quite hard.
AFAIR, in BF2 there existed a separate pirate server network, that allowed playing without legit keys.

Mint Sauce wrote:

- The fact that with the use of certain ammo, the USAS12 becomes a portable canon.
Yeah, I especially don't like that the shotguns are so powerful at long range.
IIRC, I read somewhere that they plan to drastically reduce the effectiveness of frag rounds with (semi)automatic shotguns.

Reciprocity wrote:

squad spawning single handedly destroyed the bf concept of conquest.
What wonders me more, is that squad hopping (while dead) works again. I wonder when they patch that.

-Sh1fty- wrote:

That and 4 man squads.
It's really annoying when you want to join a squad with a few people from BF2s, only to find the squad full.
Then getting auto-teambalanced and getting messed up by Jord.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6707|Devon, England
I have no problems with Origin and Battlelog any more. Yeah, they seemingly pointless, but it just doesn't matter any more.

One thing I dislike, though, is having to ask OTHER people what my ping is. What's the deal there?
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6340|Graz, Austria

FFLink wrote:

One thing I dislike, though, is having to ask OTHER people what my ping is. What's the deal there?
AFAIK, instead of displaying the ping as absolute values from each player to the server, they decided to show relative values from you to every other player.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6707|Devon, England
That sounds like a good idea, but it can't be it, as when I get a lag spike from a Steam download or someone else doing some shit, I have to ask my friends to tell me if my ping is 400 or so before I can start figuring out what's wrong. I get no indication of that from anyone else's pings.

Last edited by FFLink (2012-01-22 07:12:23)

aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5770|Roma
Anybody knowmhow to get rid of horrendous tearing without vsync?
As soon as i turn vsync on i get horrible input lag.

Last edited by aerodynamic (2012-01-22 07:55:30)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
Sisco
+493|6360
QBZ-95 is the most shit gun in the entire game.
jord
+2,382|6695|The North, beyond the wall.
The only thing consoles have over PC is they don't have 12 year old, german asshole/french whiny admins. Honestly I'm kicked from about 25% of servers within 30 minutes for doing too well. I'd love to play on an adminless server.
PigPopTart
Shotgun whore
+133|6306|Pacific NW, USA
^^^   :#
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6622|Greenwood, IN
US Servers?  Assuming you don't mind the ping.  I've been kicked like once for doing too well.
jord
+2,382|6695|The North, beyond the wall.
my connection is a d- on that speedtest thing, I can do ok on us servers but everytime i die due to lag it kills me a little inside
jsnipy
+3,276|6539|...

Sisco wrote:

what makes it so bad, i was using that last game
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5981|London, England

becuz u use it lololol
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Sisco
+493|6360

jsnipy wrote:

Sisco wrote:

Horrible accuracy and severe lack of punch. No option to add a front grip and mediocre ROF make the shit sandwich complete. I lost every head to head with it. Only way I won a firefight was by getting the drop on the other guy.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6485

Sisco wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

Sisco wrote:

Horrible accuracy and severe lack of punch. No option to add a front grip and mediocre ROF make the shit sandwich complete. I lost every head to head with it. Only way I won a firefight was by getting the drop on the other guy.
It's supposed to be getting some sort of buff to account for the integrated grip. But yeah, it's not worth using right now.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard