Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6132|eXtreme to the maX

UnkleRukus wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

Family needs our '95 Silverado. Always a new home renovation project happening. Be it a new sink for the bathroom, putting new tile down for the kitchen. Taking the wallpaper off an old bedroom (wallpaper steamer.) For the practical person, a truck is the way to go.
You don't need a truck for any of that.

Again, people who kid themselves they need to commute all week in a truck because they occasionally need it at the weekend are daft.
I don't think you quite understand how much easier it is with a pickup truck. You can get all the materials you need in one go, and you can get rid of all the waste from the project in one go (sometimes two, depends on the size of the project.) If we need to take something in to get repaired like the lawnmower, pressure washer, table saw, or some other large power tool. Then we can load it into the back and take it to the shop. No mucking about.
I understand exactly how easy it is. My point is driving a huge truck 99% of the time for the 1% of the time you need to move a load makes no sense.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

JahManRed wrote:

I agree. I had to put snow tires on this winter or I wasn't eating. They brought the mpg down by 10mpg. Handling was rubbish when the thaw came. So I bought extra rims and now have two sets of rims one with snow tires one with standard.
Winter tyres have a very different rubber compound with higher hysteresis.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5263|Cleveland, Ohio
lived in a few northern climates in my life with massive amounts of snow and never had winter tires or 4 wheel drive.  been doin just fine for the most part.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6685|BC, Canada

11 Bravo wrote:

lived in a few northern climates in my life with massive amounts of snow and never had winter tires or 4 wheel drive.  been doin just fine for the most part.
They won't let you up the highway here after a certain point in the winter if you don't have winter tires or chains. 4wd is just a bonus when you have to go around stuck cars while going up long ass hills.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6471|The Land of Scott Walker
Fixed my 88 Olds to drive that to work instead of my 94 Jimmy.  Double mileage ftw.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Stingray24 wrote:

Fixed my 88 Olds to drive that to work instead of my 94 Jimmy.  Double mileage ftw.
See, its not so hard.
Drunk_Musketeer
To be honest I don't care anyway..
+57|6764|Great Wall
I had to fill up today.. 240 miles by car cost me £66.45 (roughly $110)

https://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg19/Mordoklej/Random/cost_of_240_miles_by_car.jpg
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5384|London, England
20% tax? Should tell your government to fuck off.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Drunk_Musketeer
To be honest I don't care anyway..
+57|6764|Great Wall

Jay wrote:

20% tax? Should tell your government to fuck off.
The Government gets more than 20%.. here it shows how much more (I think it shows VAT 15% as it was before)..

http://www.petrolprices.com/price-of-petrol.html

I feel robbed every time I fill up.

Last edited by Drunk_Musketeer (2011-04-23 14:49:51)

11 Bravo
Banned
i feel robbed when the woman wants to eat at rain forest cafe
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5728|College Park, MD

11 Bravo wrote:

sounds like a catch, bet the wedding reception will be at red lobster
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Commie Killer
+192|6413
My '78 Dodge Power Wagon gets 8mpg and has a top speed of 68 mph. That's only for work though. Have a VW Golf Diesel which averages 45mpg.

Used to have a '98 Mercury Mountaineer (Ford Explorer) with a 4.0L V6. Was supposed to get 16/18mpg. I averaged 19 and had as high as 23.4 with only highway.
11 Bravo
Banned

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

lol rainforest is more expensive than most wedding dinners
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6471|The Land of Scott Walker

Dilbert_X wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

See, its not so hard.
Would have done it sooner, but didn't have the $$ to fix it.  Fortunately, a guy just started working on my floor who lives in same city.  So now I commute with him 16 days for only $5 per day and drive 4 days per month.  That way, one tank of gas lasts me over a month and I end up saving at least $100 per month.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

11 Bravo wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

srsly?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6526|so randum
the foods also terrible
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
11 Bravo
Banned

FatherTed wrote:

the foods also terrible
except the lava nachos.  everything else is poop.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

11 Bravo wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Then you've been going to some redneck ass wedding dinners. We're paying $190 a plate at ours.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

FatherTed wrote:

the foods also terrible
Yes.
-Frederick Bastiat
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

Jay wrote:

I'm richer than you.
11 Bravo
Banned

Jay wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Then you've been going to some redneck ass wedding dinners. We're paying $190 a plate at ours.
i was exag...........oh nvm.  go on with your bad self.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Jay wrote:

I'm richer than you.
It ain't coming out of my pocket! $150-$200 is standard for long island weddings.
-Frederick Bastiat
11 Bravo
Banned
thats cuz you people are idiots

150 for some piece of chicken they serve at old country buffet

Last edited by 11 Bravo (2011-04-23 15:24:52)

Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
extravagant LI atheist
Shadow893
lel
+75|6718|England
I get about 34-36 in a 13 year old corolla lol. sure its not fast but fuel is already too expensive for me having just paid 137.9 for petrol. cost 55 odd quid for 40 litres :'(

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard