Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6509
at the end of the day, though, with my criticism of the multiplayer still standing...

who was ever interested in crysis for the multiplayer? look how g-r-e-a-t it was in the first one...

as long as the single-player is patched together with a half-decent storyline and the dx11 shinyness that we were all promised, i'm sure it'll be fine.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
jmsprovan
+18|5851|Alba
seems like it is a straight copy of the 360 demo, it even says "press start to begin" on the splash screen.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6325|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Uzique wrote:

at the end of the day, though, with my criticism of the multiplayer still standing...

who was ever interested in crysis for the multiplayer? look how g-r-e-a-t it was in the first one...

as long as the single-player is patched together with a half-decent storyline and the dx11 shinyness that we were all promised, i'm sure it'll be fine.
I wasn't counting on the mp for that reason, but the more console-aids there is in MP, the more there is likely to be in SP
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6811|PNW

FloppY_ wrote:

I hope, I really do... but now I will certainly not preorder this before trying the finished product...
Knee-slappin' hee-haw...facedesk.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6325|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

I hope, I really do... but now I will certainly not preorder this before trying the finished product...
Knee-slappin' hee-haw...facedesk.
buy *

Didn't care enough to edit
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6382
I watched that brit dudes vid and I´m intrigued. I really liked the predecessors and I think the demo is rushed. Won´t pre-order, but will buy it some time later, probably next month when I´m not so short on cash.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6309
Now that I know it runs on my machine (and I quite enjoyed being able to jump high, run fast and hit hard in the demo) I think I might order it.

But I might just wait for a sale.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2011-03-03 03:23:04)

Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6660|London, England

Uzique wrote:

overall this seems a lot worse than the original, though. and warhead. i guess i don't like the proposed setting... the suit changes suck and are an unnecessary simplification... removing prone and peek is a move that we've seen individually in both battlefield->bad company and call of duty -> modern warfare and the only justification each time is 'for the console controller crowd'. it's shit. even the graphics menu is clearly catered for console users, and i REALLY don't know why. console users can't adjust graphics quality, anyway, so why are we given three vague 'settings' that don't allow us to customize individual texture/detail/shadow/aa details? 'gamer'? 'hardcore'? what the fuck does that even mean?
That's what I was thinking. I saw Gamer and was like...uhh, is this the highest or what. It looked ok, it felt abit blurry though. I wanted to adjust the AA and such. I can't be fucked going through notepad .ini files or whatever and doing it all manually.

The demo definitely felt like a huge port, but the gameplay itself wasn't too bad. Guns packed a nice punch. Recoil was existent and using single shots was effective. Being invisible actually made people not be able to see me, I never thought it would actually work. Although I imagine it felt good because it was new to everyone, so it was just a core FPS game. I'm sure it will suck once everyone ranks up, gets used to the game and unlocks all the crazy shit, and everyone is flying and jumping around the map like spider-man.

I'll buy this game when it's on sale for £2 like Crysis was
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6309
Gamer is the lowest setting as far as I know.

In Warhead the settings were from low to high: Mainstream > Gamer > Enthusiast.

So I'm not sure where that fits into Crysis 2. I'm guessing it's Gamer > Enthusiast > Hardcore.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6604|Area 51

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Gamer is the lowest setting as far as I know.

In Warhead the settings were from low to high: Mainstream > Gamer > Enthusiast.

So I'm not sure where that fits into Crysis 2. I'm guessing it's Gamer > Enthusiast > Hardcore.
Well, it looks pretty damn awesome if Gamer are the lowest settings..
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6509
i run it on hardcore just fine... still not that impressed with the visuals, though. it definitely wasn't trailer/gameplay footage 'wow' factor.

hoping the dx10/dx11 content will somehow unlock some serious engine-magic.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6309

RDMC wrote:

Yeah the low settings are a million miles ahead of the Crysis 1/Warhead low settings. Both games looked absolutely horrible on low, whereas 2 looks and runs great.

Uzique I'm guessing they're holding the super awesome PC graphics back for the moment so the console users don't get sad.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2011-03-03 11:10:26)

RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6604|Area 51

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

RDMC wrote:

Yeah the low settings are a million miles ahead of the Crysis 1/Warhead low settings. Both games looked absolutely horrible on low, whereas 2 looks and runs great.

Uzique I'm guessing they're holding the super awesome PC graphics back for the moment so the console users don't get sad.
Don't think it really has to do with sad console users, but more with the fact that this seems like a straight xbox port. Hence no dx10/11 support.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6309
The Dragon Age 2 demo was the same. Only DX9 support in the demo.

Maybe it was also a shoddy console demo port or maybe it's some weird EA policy.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6730|Devon, England
Just downloaded and had a go.

Within the first 3 seconds of the round I jumped forward and down a fucking hole...

.. and then again shortly afterwards.

But once I got a hang of the controls (Hold right click to zoom?! WTF!) and the suit powers, I started enjoying it. Getting shot at, hiding, cloaking, getting them in the back or just being quick on the armour key and reversing the kill.

I don't think it will replace any current FPS games regarding playability for me and my friends, but it's still tempting.
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6550|Gold Coast
Agreed. I thought it was actually alright for a bit.

And then it crashed. lol
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5792|Roma
the game is not that bad tbh.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6478|King Of The Islands

NANOVISION ENABLED
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5943|CA
One of the few FPS games where you can see your legs.
CosmoKramer
CC you in October
+131|6658|Medford, WI

Cheez wrote:

NANOVISION ENABLED
this pisses me off so much
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6811|PNW

Played a bit more Crysis the other day. If I get Crysis 2, it'll only be if I can replace the stupid voice confirmation for suit powers with soft beep tones.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6776|Oxferd Ohire
its not that annoying
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6811|PNW

I started getting used to it, but only like a toothache. At one point I was about to put my fist through my own keyboard if I heard another "MAXIMUM."
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6262|Escea

I always used the female suit voice in Crysis.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6309
I always turned it off straight away and so it was never a problem...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard