mcgid1
Meh...
+129|6734|Austin, TX/San Antonio, TX
Well, another oil rig exploded in the gulf today.  No one was killed and there haven't been any reports of oil leaks yet, but that could change.

link
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6585|Mountains of NC

so this is how obama is going to make some money

he did get $20b from BP
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6777|San Antonio, Texas
I wonder who owns that rig.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5603

SEREMAKER wrote:

he did get $20b from BP
And it only cost him the Gulf fishing and tourism industries. \o/
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

Macbeth wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

he did get $20b from BP
And it only cost him the Gulf fishing and tourism industries. \o/
he doesn't think in low ball terms
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5254|Cleveland, Ohio
well all the oil british petroleum has "cleaned up" is just sitting at the bottom of the gulf still polluting
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

I thought it was magically disappered .......... wait its some bacteria that eats the oil ................ that just happen to be in the gulf

magically bacteria
jord
+2,382|6695|The North, beyond the wall.
"British petroleum" are no doubt to blame, perhaps another boycott is due marine? That'll teach em.
11 Bravo
Banned

jord wrote:

"British petroleum" are no doubt to blame, perhaps another boycott is due marine? That'll teach em.
i wasnt try to teach them anything.  its a personal choice.  maybe sit back and do nothing cuz thats cool.
jord

11 Bravo wrote:

jord wrote:

i wasnt try to teach them anything.  its a personal choice.  maybe sit back and do nothing cuz thats cool.
Sitting back and doing nothing has about the same effect on a company the size of bp. It's your personal right to do so I suppose, so i'll let it drop.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6471|The Twilight Zone
Do they know what caused the explosion?
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
11 Bravo
Banned

jord wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

jord wrote:

Sitting back and doing nothing has about the same effect on a company the size of bp. It's your personal right to do so I suppose, so i'll let it drop.
well would you go to a restaurant if they were caught spitting in the food?  if you would then you are a retard.
jord

11 Bravo wrote:

jord wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

well would you go to a restaurant if they were caught spitting in the food?  if you would then you are a retard.
That's not really a good comparison for so many reasons but the discussion is fruitless.
11 Bravo
Banned

jord wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

jord wrote:

That's not really a good comparison for so many reasons but the discussion is fruitless.
im not comparing the two situations you numpty.  its the same concept.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5603

All the BP stations are small bussinesses that make most of their money selling candy and soda. Very little money is made by the station when they sell gas. So you're just hurting the local economy and a small bussiness owner when you boycott their station.
jord
Well for one, spitting in food is on purpose and not an addicent.
For two, if you boycott a restaurant and get your friends to, you might make somewhat of a dent in their income.
For three, I wouldn't go back to the place because id be worried about the spit. Not getting my petrol from a specific station makes no differance to me, oil is oil.
For four, the restaurant staff would be punished and likely fired, after that id have no need to boycott the place. BP have lost Billions, they've paid the price.

Like I said though, its your choice.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6422|North Carolina
Guys, guys, guys...   Let's not get excited here.  The ocean naturally has parasites that eat oil, and whatever is left after that is negligible.

The good people of the oil industry are just having a bad year.  If there's anyone we should be angry at, it should be people like James Lee and their loony environmentalism.  Let's also not forget all of those opportunistic scientists who are lying about global warming too.

If there's anything we shouldn't do, it would be to get the government more involved.  Now, remember that this still keeps the door open to criticize the government when they don't successfully clean up the oil spill within a week.

And last but not least, never blame the oil companies for these incidents.  Whenever something like this happens, it's the fault of regulators not catching safety problems, even though they shouldn't be regulating the oil industry to begin with.

Last edited by Turquoise (2010-09-02 12:26:13)

Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6684

Turquoise wrote:

And last but not least, never blame the oil companies for these incidents.  Whenever something like this happens, it's the fault of regulators not catching safety problems, even though they shouldn't be regulating the oil industry to begin with.
Wait, what?  So, in the same token, it's Law Enforcements fault for the acts that criminals commit because they didn't catch them in time?
eleven bravo
+1,399|5276|foggy bottom
drill baby, drill
Tu Stultus Es
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6422|North Carolina

Ilocano wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Wait, what?  So, in the same token, it's Law Enforcements fault for the acts that criminals commit because they didn't catch them in time?
Yes, just ask the GOP.
11 Bravo
Banned

Macbeth wrote:

All the BP stations are small bussinesses that make most of their money selling candy and soda. Very little money is made by the station when they sell gas. So you're just hurting the local economy and a small bussiness owner when you boycott their station.
too bad
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6677|The darkside of Denver

11 Bravo wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

too bad
Do you have any proof of this claim, or are you talking out of your ass? Didn't know you were some sort of business analyst for convenience stores/gas stations.
11 Bravo
Banned

SonderKommando wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

too bad
Do you have any proof of this claim, or are you talking out of your ass? Didn't know you were some sort of business analyst for convenience stores/gas stations.
the ones here are locally owned stations.  do you have any counter proof?  thought so.  go bench press something.
jord

jord wrote:

For two, if you boycott a restaurant and get your friends to, you might make somewhat of a dent in their income.
For three, I wouldn't go back to the place because id be worried about the spit. Not getting my petrol from a specific station makes no differance to me, oil is oil.
For four, the restaurant staff would be punished and likely fired, after that id have no need to boycott the place. BP have lost Billions, they've paid the price.

I'd say it was a bad example then...
11 Bravo
Banned

jord wrote:

jord wrote:

I'd say it was a bad example then...
its not an example ffs.  its a line of thinking.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard