Aceofspades321
+2|5106
Hello all! For some reason every time i try to join any server on the map Road to Jalalabad, right before i enter the actual game, i am taken to the server menu and something similar to the following message appears. You have a modified version of Battlefield 2. Please revert your game to the official version of the game, and try again. This happens only when i try to join a server on jalalabad, other maps are fine. This is unfortunate as jalalabad is one of my favorite maps. Does anybody know how to fix this problem, or has it occurred to anyone? Help would be greatly appreciated.
alexb
<3
+590|5961|Kentucky, USA

Reinstall and repatch to 1.41 and then 1.5.
Aceofspades321
+2|5106
Sad face. Well thank you for you input. Might as well get started lol. But one of the official people told me (when they were entering me as an offical member in the forum by private message) to delete my custom folder thingy, so i might try that first.

Last edited by Aceofspades321 (2010-05-26 17:28:31)

Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6020|Vortex Ring State
if you downloaded jalulzabad, delete it.
Aceofspades321
+2|5106
I didnt download it, it just came with a patch i think.
pace51
Boom?
+194|5194|Markham, Ontario

Aceofspades321 wrote:

I didnt download it, it just came with a patch i think.
Then Alex's solution should work, hopefully. He's right, just uninstall and reinstall. It'll remove whatever you modded it to and should let you play jalalabad.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5199|Sydney
Check the box "same version only" in the in game filter, to be sure. If the same servers still show up then you're on the right servers.

Also, have you manually updated punkbuster recently? If not, you should.

If none of these work then you may need to do a complete reinstall.

You MUST install in this order:

BF2 Vanilla
BF2 SF (if you have it)
Patch 1.41
Patch 1.5

Last edited by Jaekus (2010-05-27 07:41:28)

Aceofspades321
+2|5106
Thanks to all you guys who gave me these tips. After im done doing this stuff ill post the results. Again, thanks. (:

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard